• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope get a score when it matters.

Buh bye.

4 losses

Sea - get a Score QB many top 15 do to close the game

Raiders - complete a pass QB stop giving 3 and outs and short fields when game on line

Ravens - Do something QB like really look like you belong

MIA - get a score when it matters QB you know the two cracks in OT you had

Have a better record than 1 or 2 wins QB when trailing by 4 points or more at any point in the game.

See can ask alot more from a QB

i think alot of what you said is coaching, we saw in the miami games (both) taylor using the middle to come back but defense let us down, baltimore had Roman to blame. Seattle had a bad ref call and no one open the last play w one guy in the endzone (woods)

I really think when u limit a qb all game by running so much you lack rhythm and lose comeback type games. 166 yards a game will do tthat to a qb who only uses the sideline. but that has been progressing these last 4 games. we almost beat the raiders and seahawks but for defense and poor reffing.

Tyrod Taylor is no where near as good as Mike Vick used to be in his prime. I stopped reading after I read that.

maybe reading is hard for you? also mikes vicks "prime" was about 2 years long. He was figured out and never had a winning record afterward. Taylors last few games and running stats blow away Vicks combined stats projected over a season. Next year will be taylors PRIME in my opinion.

maybe reading is hard for you? also mikes vicks "prime" was about 2 years long. He was figured out and never had a winning record afterward. Taylors last few games and running stats blow away Vicks combined stats projected over a season. Next year will be taylors PRIME in my opinion.

Because lots of QBs hit their prime in their 7th year after 6 years of either doing nothing or sucking.

We have to give a guy a real chance? What have the last two years been?

agree w what you said, but a new qb will probably lack 5 things i wrote on the checklist and yes maybe will anticipate wrs open and throw more complete 3rd down passes, but i think taylor can learn a read for a 5 yard pass, will a new guy run, throw bombs w touch, stay calm when guys claw at him and juke and escape for a 3rd and 23 and get 30?? taylors biggest weaknesses are the easiest to fix, his strengths are nearly impossible to teach.

i see the future you know, i see him being better next year.

Because lots of QBs hit their prime in their 7th year after 6 years of either doing nothing or sucking.

i dont think his first 4 years on the bench should count, did Moulds' or SJs' first 2 show their talent at a much easier position?

You don't know what you're talking about. Vick was not a great QB, but his prime was about 8-10 years long and he was way better than Taylor at passing and rushing. Vick had over 1k rushing yards one season and 900 another. Seriously, you should educate yourself so you aren't so laughable and so you don't have to use so many ghost accounts.

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

I have a very bad feeling that we are going to let Tyrod walk and he is going to take a team to the playoffs next season. He has had some very bad games and he is not a great passer by any means, but he helps this offense work and he had the best two games were in the second half of this season, he is getting better.

I honestly don't think he has peaked yet. I understand the reasoning behind it, but I don't like that they are benching Tyrod after he just played the best game of his career. Against a team that is going to the playoffs, Tyrod was absolutely fabulous on Saturday. He led us back down 14 in the forth to put us in a position where we would have won. Something I have never seen him do before. He threw a perfect pass, low, into tight coverage, where only his TE could get it on 4th and must score to keep the game alive. He is getting better.

We have a good thing on offense and if we keep that together and are able to get the defense up to the top half of the league, I think we will be going to the playoffs. The suggestion that Tyrod isn't a good enough QB to get this team to the playoffs is laughable. We have the 7th highest scoring offense in the league, led by Tyrod. We are scoring 26 freaking points per game. We are 24th in DVOA. If you keep this offense together for two more years and can get the defense to the top half of the league, we will be going to the playoffs.

We have a false ideal of what a QB should be. People really think it is going to be easy to find someone better than Tyrod Taylor? If Tony Romo, Philip Rivers, Drew Brees or drafted QB that is good their first year isn't starting for us next season, please tell me who is going to make this offense more productive than Tyrod made it this season?

And if we pick up the option why is that so bad if he fails? According to Spotrac, if we release Tyrod before the season starts, the dead space is just over $2.8 million. In 2018 and after it is zero http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/tyrod-taylor-7899/. Someone please confirm this for me, maybe I am misunderstanding Spotrac but if that is the case, what are people worried about. We really can't have Tyrod start for two more years while drafting QB's and tryiing to hit on one?

I don't think this contract is really going to hamper the organization and this is just another thing that could be an unbelievable embarrassment for the Bills.

Exactly

Tyrod Taylor is actually more of QB then Mike Vick ever was.......and cost a lot less.

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

Another point that I would like to make is we rarely throw on likely run downs. Often when Tyrod is dropping back to pass, it is on a down where the defense is expecting it. I love our run game but we need to balance it out. Even if we can get to just a top 20 passing offense and stay in the top 3 in rushing I think this offense will be much more consistent and complimentary to the defense.

Vick had a terrific season in 2010 with the Eagles. It's the only year he was an above average passer in his career, actually.

Mike Vick was a turnover machine and couldnt hit water in the ocean.......TT is much more accurate and doesnt turn the ball over....

Period

Nope. And nope. Again, Vick was never a great QB, but Taylor isn't as good as Vick was. And again, it really isn't all that close. And please don't call Taylor accurate. He has a nice sideline deep ball he throws with accuracy, but he's not accurate anywhere else on the field.

I was listening to John Murphy and his sidekick n WGR. They both think Tyrod feels pretty angry about being benched and will look for other teams in the offseason. They think if the Bills offer equal money he would bolt to another team.

I also think it's a mistake to not bring him back,,,

I was listening to John Murphy and his sidekick n WGR. They both think Tyrod feels pretty angry about being benched and will look for other teams in the offseason. They think if the Bills offer equal money he would bolt to another team.

I also think it's a mistake to not bring him back,,,

Except Tyrod doesn't have a choice if they pick up his option.

Bills don't need to make him an offer. He is already under contract. At least that was my understanding.

Except Tyrod doesn't have a choice if they pick up his option.

Bills don't need to make him an offer. He is already under contract. At least that was my understanding.

Dave this is only getting parotted by those who want a pocket passing 300 yard a game 3 TD several interceptions qb

They are hoping the option doesnt get picked up....I believe it is....they will probably draft a guy though

Dave this is only getting parotted by those who want a pocket passing 300 yard a game 3 TD several interceptions qb

They are hoping the option doesnt get picked up....I believe it is....they will probably draft a guy though

The fact that they're sitting Taylor is proof that they aren't picking up his option. I give Whaley credit for doing this.

I have a very bad feeling that we are going to let Tyrod walk and he is going to take a team to the playoffs next season. He has had some very bad games and he is not a great passer by any means, but he helps this offense work and he had the best two games were in the second half of this season, he is getting better.

I honestly don't think he has peaked yet. I understand the reasoning behind it, but I don't like that they are benching Tyrod after he just played the best game of his career. Against a team that is going to the playoffs, Tyrod was absolutely fabulous on Saturday. He led us back down 14 in the forth to put us in a position where we would have won. Something I have never seen him do before. He threw a perfect pass, low, into tight coverage, where only his TE could get it on 4th and must score to keep the game alive. He is getting better.

We have a good thing on offense and if we keep that together and are able to get the defense up to the top half of the league, I think we will be going to the playoffs. The suggestion that Tyrod isn't a good enough QB to get this team to the playoffs is laughable. We have the 7th highest scoring offense in the league, led by Tyrod. We are scoring 26 freaking points per game. We are 24th in DVOA. If you keep this offense together for two more years and can get the defense to the top half of the league, we will be going to the playoffs.

We have a false ideal of what a QB should be. People really think it is going to be easy to find someone better than Tyrod Taylor? If Tony Romo, Philip Rivers, Drew Brees or drafted QB that is good their first year isn't starting for us next season, please tell me who is going to make this offense more productive than Tyrod made it this season?

And if we pick up the option why is that so bad if he fails? According to Spotrac, if we release Tyrod before the season starts, the dead space is just over $2.8 million. In 2018 and after it is zero http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/tyrod-taylor-7899/. Someone please confirm this for me, maybe I am misunderstanding Spotrac but if that is the case, what are people worried about. We really can't have Tyrod start for two more years while drafting QB's and tryiing to hit on one?

I don't think this contract is really going to hamper the organization and this is just another thing that could be an unbelievable embarrassment for the Bills.

Thats all inaccurate

Here is the dead space after contract picked up.

Year Dead Cap Hit

2017 $33,603,334

2018 $17,690,000 (addt'l $9.75M kicks in on the 3rd league day)

2019 $10,660,000

2020 $6,880,000

2021 $3,100,000

http://www.spotrac.com/research/NFL/breaking-down-the-numbers-for-tyrod-taylors-option-619/