Hire Lynn already

r00tabaga

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So your just parroting what you hear on tv? You have no idea why he's held in such high regard? I'm just skeptical that teams say he was such a great interview yet none hired him to be a head coach or offensive coordinator? Seems strange to me.

I did mention Bill Parcells speaking highly of him. Please don't disregard that. It's significant.

You usually don't hear all the details of qualities of an assistant coach, the fact that he's interviewed would probably show that he has the qualities of a successful head coach. What do you need to hear to convince you that he's held in high regard. Idiots that some may be, the guys on TV do have conversations with team management. They probably have better insight than we do.

Fine interview him these are the 2 questions that needs to be asked.

1. What is your plan at QB?

2. What is your passing philosophy and what QB skills are needed to execute.

What answers would you want before he is hired?

If he was answering that question today it might be something like

"well my offense is 5th in the NFL in scoring soooooo"

Fine interview him these are the 2 questions that needs to be asked.

1. What is your plan at QB?

2. What is your passing philosophy and what QB skills are needed to execute.

What answers would you want before he is hired?

I would ask him 1 question:

Who will your DC be?

We've scored 24 points or more with Lynn 9 out of 12 games...that's pretty damn consistent with what he's had to work with...Better than a lot of teams with "great offenses" that throw the ball a lot

Edited by matter2003

We've scored 24 points or more with Lynn 9 out of 12 games...that's pretty damn consistent with what he's had to work with...Better than a lot of teams with "great offenses" that throw the ball a lot

and that's without the full offseason to prepare your own playbook, which all coordinators usually have. He's done very well.

I don't understand all the hype for Lynn. He has been with Rex for a long time now as a rb coach. Why is he all of a sudden a "hot name" to be a head coach. What track record of success does he have? His playcalling in ot killed the momentum that the offense had. I don't believe that he has a great feel for the game.

He's not suddenly anything. He interviewed for open gigs last off season and his name is mentioned for the Rams. He's well respected around the league.

and that's without the full offseason to prepare your own playbook, which all coordinators usually have. He's done very well.

Ok so he has tweaked Romans playbook decently.

That means we should make him HC?

Umn.....I think Lynn might point to the defense on that

Figured i would get that response always throw something else under the bus.

Still no answer of what What do you do at QB or how do you modernize and actually develop and NFL passing attack

But the triple option, speed option and wildcat Army offense looks great in red white and blue

Edited by MAJBobby

He should be considered. The players seem to respond well to him and he's well respected around the league. See who he wants for DC and if it sounds good maybe he's the right guy.

He should certainly be considered. Why shouldn't he be. Success as a coordinator usually opens the door. Taking over an offense during the season is not an easy thing to succeed at. I think it speaks well of him.

Figured i would get that response always throw something else under the bus.

Still no answer of what What do you do at QB or how do you modernize and actually develop and NFL passing attack

But the triple option, speed option and wildcat Army offense looks great in red white and blue

You figured you would get that answer because thats the main problem

and as far as the offense.....what happens if they start throwing all over the place? Go from 5th in scoring to 1st in scoring....is that going to happen?

You figured you would get that answer because thats the main problem

and as far as the offense.....what happens if they start throwing all over the place? Go from 5th in scoring to 1st in scoring....is that going to happen?

Can you prove its not.

I asked two very simple questions about modernizing HS at best passing concept and what skills does your QB need to execute your passing offense

And ask what reponses people would like to hear and i get a scoring stat for a Team that has missed the playoffs yet again

Can you prove its not.

I asked two very simple questions about modernizing HS at best passing concept and what skills does your QB need to execute your passing offense

And ask what reponses people would like to hear and i get a scoring stat for a Team that has missed the playoffs yet again

You dont think that is highly improbable?

Dont you think that the defense improving with a DC that understand the talent of its players has a BETTER job of improving the team?

Yes I would like to see our passing game better.....do we blow it up with hope that our offensive effeciency improves 4 spots?

You dont think that is highly improbable?

Dont you think that the defense improving with a DC that understand the talent of its players has a BETTER job of improving the team?

Yes I would like to see our passing game better.....do we blow it up with hope that our offensive effeciency improves 4 spots?

What am i blowing up the NFLs dead last ranked passing game?

I think most of us are saying he deserves a look and of course every guy they interview will be asked probably hundreds of specific questions about Tyrod, the offense and the entire football operation. I think it is most important to find out what kind of coaches he is connected to and who would come in as our assistants? Would he run the offense or would he have someone like the wide receiver coach "just to throw something out" run the offense? It would probably be someone who knows him and that he has worked with. I wouldn't be surprised to see Petine come back because they worked together in NY.

He should be considered. The players seem to respond well to him and he's well respected around the league. See who he wants for DC and if it sounds good maybe he's the right guy.

It would also fit into the "Continuity" argument. He knows the talent on hand, strengths, weaknesses etc. And it's been reported the players like him.

Edited by purple haze