Trump foreign policy

This thread. All the usual lovers of "free trade" and cheap landscaping labor chiming in. So, pray tell, with the crooks in Congress opposing anything resembling immigration control, how pray tell do you propose he enforce accountability? I know GGs answer. Billions in foreign aid to Central America and open borders with unlimited visas. How about the rest of the lot of you?

Edited by Joe in Winslow

8 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Sounds like a Logan Act violation!................. Commence the wiretaps........

Just kidding they're democrats? ,

This, if not treason, is a hell of a lot closer to the definition of treason than anything Trump has done.  

• Like (+1) 2

6 hours ago, Joe in Winslow said:

This thread. All the usual lovers of "free trade" and cheap landscaping labor chiming in. So, pray tell, with the crooks in Congress opposing anything resembling immigration control, how pray tell do you propose he enforce accountability? I know GGs answer. Billions in foreign aid to Central America and open borders with unlimited visas. How about the rest of the lot of you?

Nothing like Trump acting on a whim to submarine hard work that's been done by his staff (and family).

Was he even aware that Jared has had these talks with Mexico only 2 months ago?  I doubt that you did and you probably do the same level of research that he does.

Mexican President Andres Manuel Lopez Obrador said Wednesday that talks with White House senior adviser Jared Kushner have led to advances toward an agreement that would have the U.S. government guarantee some $10 billion in development investments for Mexico and Central America.

6 minutes ago, GG said:

Nothing like Trump acting on a whim to submarine hard work that's been done by his staff (and family).

Was he even aware that Jared has had these talks with Mexico only 2 months ago?  I doubt that you did and you probably do the same level of research that he does.

Disappointing. I hate seeing taxpayer dollars being dumped into the black hole that exists south of the Rio Grande...for ANY reason.

2 hours ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Disappointing. I hate seeing taxpayer dollars being dumped into the black hole that exists south of the Rio Grande...for ANY reason.

But you're ok wasting more money on this side of the border trying to control the flow?

49 minutes ago, GG said:

But you're ok wasting more money on this side of the border trying to control the flow?

By their very nature these countries are corrupt. The money, for the most part ends up in official's hands. These countries (including Mexico) will never become prosperous until the people rise up and insist on an honest government. That is what has to happen. Giving them money is not the solution, it only delays a solution.  

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, DC Tom said:

This, if not treason, is a hell of a lot closer to the definition of treason than anything Trump has done.  

Really? How would you know? Were you listening in on Trump and Putin's secret meeting that no one else was present at? 

1 hour ago, 3rdnlng said:

By their very nature these countries are corrupt. The money, for the most part ends up in official's hands. These countries (including Mexico) will never become prosperous until the people rise up and insist on an honest government. That is what has to happen. Giving them money is not the solution, it only delays a solution.  

Perhaps that's why Jared & Lighthizer have been at the tip of the negotiations to ensure that it isn't simply a money dump.

In any event, you can't expect instant results, but if you offer the carrot and stick of investing in Central America and force them to change laws which allow those business investments to thrive, then you start chipping away at the problem.  That is far more effective than trying to police a 5,000 mile borderline.