Trump foreign policy

2 hours ago, B-Man said:

CHANGE: John Bolton: ‘We’re not afraid to use the word Monroe Doctrine.’

“In this administration, we’re not afraid to use the word Monroe Doctrine. This is a country in our hemisphere. It’s been the objective of American presidents going back to Ronald Reagan to have a completely democratic hemisphere,” Bolton told [CNN’s Jake] Tapper. “I mentioned at the end of last year that we’re looking at the talk of tyranny. Part of the problem in Venezuela is the heavy Cuban presence. 20,000 to 25,000 Cuban security officials by reports that have been in the public. But this is the sort of thing that we find unacceptable and that’s why we’re pursuing these policies.”

Flashback: John Kerry: “The Monroe Doctrine Is Over.”

Slate, November 19, 2013.

Looks like a new edition just got printed.

3 hours ago, B-Man said:

CHANGE: John Bolton: ‘We’re not afraid to use the word Monroe Doctrine.’

“In this administration, we’re not afraid to use the word Monroe Doctrine. This is a country in our hemisphere. It’s been the objective of American presidents going back to Ronald Reagan to have a completely democratic hemisphere,” Bolton told [CNN’s Jake] Tapper. “I mentioned at the end of last year that we’re looking at the talk of tyranny. Part of the problem in Venezuela is the heavy Cuban presence. 20,000 to 25,000 Cuban security officials by reports that have been in the public. But this is the sort of thing that we find unacceptable and that’s why we’re pursuing these policies.”

Flashback: John Kerry: “The Monroe Doctrine Is Over.”

Slate, November 19, 2013.

John Kerry should be over. Over a bench in a Federal POUNDHIMINTHEASSPRISON. 

9 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/us-china-close-reaching-major-trade-deal-report-213215750--finance.html

Awful. Just awful. We should do no trade with China. The only peaceful China is an economically weak China. I suppose Trump doesn’t mind funding war hungry Marxist’s. 

We have to beat them. They’ll be itching for a hot war if we don’t.

Trump’s the first POTUS to actually take them on and not treat them like a poor child needing help to develop beyond a third world country.

They have aspirations to become the leading power in the world. Make no mistake about it. 

1 minute ago, Nanker said:

John Kerry should be over. Over a bench in a Federal POUNDHIMINTHEASSPRISON. 

We have to beat them. They’ll be itching for a hot war if we don’t.

Trump’s the first POTUS to actually take them on and not treat them like a poor child needing help to develop beyond a third world country.

They have aspirations to become the leading power in the world. Make no mistake about it. 

Any trade deal, no matter how good, will give China access to our markets. They’ll use our money to continue their rearmament. Good luck, Taiwan.  

11 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

Any trade deal, no matter how good, will give China access to our markets. They’ll use our money to continue their rearmament. Good luck, Taiwan.  

They already have access to our markets and have been a member of the WTO since 2001. The negotiations going on only favor the USA.

3 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

They already have access to our markets and have been a member of the WTO since 2001. The negotiations going on only favor the USA.

I’d tariff everything from China 100%.

Id then publicly recognize Taiwan. I’d publicly endorse a defensive pact with Taiwan that I’d try to get Japan and S Korea in on. 

Fucj China.    

16 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

Id then publicly recognize Taiwan. I’d publicly endorse a defensive pact with Taiwan that I’d try to get Japan and S Korea in on.

I'd take it even further.  Rather than a defensive pact with Taiwan, I would invite Taiwan, Japan, South Korea, Australia, New Zealand, the Philippines, and any other Pacific nation alarmed by Chinese aggression to form a Pacific equivalent to NATO

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, The_Dude said:

I’d tariff everything from China 100%.

Fucj China.    

you do realize a sizable amount of most of the Fortune 500 strategic plans for the next 5 years involves continued earnings expansion in China correct?

8 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

you do realize a sizable amount of most of the Fortune 500 strategic plans for the next 5 years involves continued earnings expansion in China correct?

China is a threat the likes of which the world has never seen. They want the pacific, and unchecked, in the next 15 years they’ll take it. 

28 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

China is a threat the likes of which the world has never seen. They want the pacific, and unchecked, in the next 15 years they’ll take it. 

Who cares? Word has it we'll all be dead in 12 years anyhow.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

In other words, they're like the Japanese in the 20s and 30s.

You're a ***** idiot.

10 hours ago, /dev/null said:

I'd take it even further.  Rather than a defensive pact with Taiwan, I would invite Taiwan, Japan, South Korea, Australia, New Zealand, the Philippines, and any other Pacific nation alarmed by Chinese aggression to form a Pacific equivalent to NATO

There already is one - SEATO. 

8 hours ago, DC Tom said:

In other words, they're like the Japanese in the 20s and 30s.

You're a ***** idiot.

I know history and thinking aren’t your game. Routinely you prove it. Like here. Tell me about Japans nuclear aresanal during the 1920’s and 1930’s. 

For a guy who insists others are idiots you sure do ***** up a lot. 

Tom, normally I don’t advise this, but if you’re ever peering out over a ledge and thinking ‘the world would be better off without me’ you’d be right. Take David Lee Roth’s advice and jump. 

Edited by The_Dude

2 hours ago, The_Dude said:

I know history and thinking aren’t your game. Routinely you prove it. Like here. Tell me about Japans nuclear aresanal during the 1920’s and 1930’s. 

For a guy who insists others are idiots you sure do ***** up a lot. 

Tom, normally I don’t advise this, but if you’re ever peering out over a ledge and thinking ‘the world would be better off without me’ you’d be right. Take David Lee Roth’s advice and jump. 

Seriously, you can make a post like this and still defend smoking pot? Who in the hell was talking about nuclear aresanalalaresanallls in the 1920's?

1 minute ago, 3rdnlng said:

Seriously, you can make a post like this and still defend smoking pot? Who in the hell was talking about nuclear aresanalalaresanallls in the 1920's?

Oh. My. God. 

Do you think I thought....never mind. Maybe go back and give it another read.

7 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

@The_Dude The battleship fleet was the "nuclear arsenal" of the 20s and 30s.  It's how strategic power was measured.  It's why it was the focus of multiple arms treaties in the 20s and 30s.

And I only see your bull#### when someone else quotes you.

5 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

Oh. My. God. 

Do you think I thought....

No.