Week 16 rooting interests right here

Estro

All of the following things must happen for Bills to have playoff hopes heading into week 17 (HOME team in CAPS):

1. BILLS (-3.5) over Dolphins

2. STEELERS (-5.5) over Ravens

coupled with 1 of the following things happening (better if both happen, but if only 1 happens, the Bills are alive):

3. JAGUARS (+4.5) over Titans (Go St. Doug!)

OR

4. Cincinnatti (+2) over TEXANS

All of the following things must happen for Bills to have playoff hopes heading into week 17 (HOME team in CAPS):

1. BILLS (-3.5) over Dolphins

2. STEELERS (-5.5) over Ravens

coupled with 1 of the following things happening (better if both happen, but if only 1 happens, the Bills are alive):

3. JAGUARS (+4.5) over Titans (Go St. Doug!)

OR

4. Cincinnatti (+2) over TEXANS

Not beyond the realm of possibility.

Denver must lose 1 of 2

I've played around with NY Times Playoff simulator enough that I can confidently tell you.....Denver's game, oddly enough, next week vs. the Chiefs is meaningless. Win or Lose the Bills are alive.

The game that matters with concern to Denver is in week 17. They must lose to the Raiders (that game is in Denver) in week 17. If Denver wins in week 17 the Bills are eliminated from the playoffs.

Not beyond the realm of possibility.

Yes, I agree. The Bills winning will probably be the toughest part of the equation, honestly. The Titans and the Texans come from behind wins today really, really hurt the Bills. If those 2 comebacks didn't occur, the Bills would've been sitting in a much better position.

Edited by Estro

I've played around with NY Times Playoff simulator enough that I can confidently tell you.....Denver's game, oddly enough, next week vs. the Chiefs is meaningless. Win or Lose the Bills are alive.

The game that matters with concern to Denver is in week 17. They must lose to the Raiders (that game is in Denver) in week 17. If Denver wins in week 17 the Bills are eliminated from the playoffs.

Yes, I agree. The Bills winning will probably be the toughest part of the equation, honestly. The Titans and the Texans come from behind wins today really, really hurt the Bills. If those 2 comebacks didn't occur, the Bills would've been sitting in a much better position.

Beating Miami 9-5 and QB Matt Moore with a 1-0 record with four TD's passes against the Jets is not a foregone conclusion. The Bills haven't beaten a winning QB all year and only winning team they beat were the Patriots because they faced an injured 3rd string rookie QB who went on IR right after the game.

Then the Bills face a NY Jets team in NY.

Last place seed stinks.

Beating Miami 9-5 and QB Matt Moore with a 1-0 record with four TD's passes against the Jets is not a foregone conclusion. The Bills haven't beaten a winning QB all year and only winning team they beat were the Patriots because they faced an injured 3rd string rookie QB who went on IR right after the game.

Then the Bills face a NY Jets team in NY.

Last place seed stinks.

Remember the end of last year, all the Jets had to do was win and they were in? If it comes down to that this year, in reverse, boy will they be fired up to beat Rex.

Here's the next two weeks. Basically Houston and Tenn. both need to lose week 16 to make week 17 irrelevant for how the two of them playing each other impacts us.

If Tennessee wins and Houston loses week 16, Tennessee needs to win week 17 against the Texans. Opposite is true, if Houston wins and Tennessee loses week 16, then Houston needs to win week 17 for us to have a chance to get in.

And if no clear winner emerges from all of this, a two-man sack race will be held on consecutive Sundays until a champion can be crowned.

post-12191-0-04797600-1482152965_thumb.png

EDIT: also this is predicting that the bills are 100% guaranteed to get in. There are other simulations that give them a percentage of getting in but that implies all the tie-breakers and crap like that.

Edited by The Wiz

I don't see any way the Bills get into the playoffs. If Miami loses the next two games and Ravens lose next two games and Tenn. loses next two games. The Miami still is six seed due to tie breaker rules. Not sure why they show Bills still in the hunt.