La Canfora on FAN 590: Bills Situation "Toxic"

Doutz

It's his sources opinion. Goodness y'all stretch sooooo hard when you have a set platform to defend.

It's not about a platform to defend. It's about how wrong LaConjecture has been about the Bills. Other "insider" reports with similar information would garner more serious consideration.

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's also not a coincidence that Facebook cancels out the cholesterol-lowering effects of Justin Bieber. It is absolutely clear as day and not up for debate. The figure below shows a plot of serum cholesterol from 1986 to 2010. As you can see, after the year Justin Bieber was born the average cholesterol levels began to fall until Facebook was invented. After that the cholesterol levels began to rise:

justinbeiber.jpg

I like it when someone finally shows some hard facts here!

Deflection is a sign of defeat.

Ah, so all you have to do is declare youself "the winner", purposely miss the point of the post, and it proves you correct?

How about take a second and consider that correlation does not equal causation, or is that asking too much?

It's really, really, really simple: 90% of the discussions that attempt to find out why the team hasn't made the playoffs in 17 years wouldn't happen if they had a QB. They don't have a QB because they have failed to identify the right prospects and/or invest the right assets to get them.

That falls on the personnel dept. If you want to bash Russ, bash him for what he's actually done, like deferring personnel decisions to guys like Modrak and Guy when he was GM-in-title, or hiring Whaley, or promoting Whaley to GM. Those are tangible decisions that we don't have to speculate upon.

Drawing abstract, baseless conclusions such as "well, he got here then, and we suddenly stopped making the playoffs permanently" is sloppy and incongruent with any of the tangible talking points.

Well then shouldn't you be blaming his sources and not him? I assume he trusts his source and it's a team insider. Is he not supposed to report what his inside sources tell him? Is his record of being wrong on source info much worse than other reporters, or are you just repeating what everyone says about him?

Yes you assume because it matches your point of view Doctor of Misinformation. As far as we know YOU are the 'team insider'.

Ah, so all you have to do is declare youself "the winner", purposely miss the point of the post, and it proves you correct?

How about take a second and consider that correlation does not equal causation, or is that asking too much?

It's really, really, really simple: 90% of the discussions that attempt to find out why the team hasn't made the playoffs in 17 years wouldn't happen if they had a QB. They don't have a QB because they have failed to identify the right prospects and/or invest the right assets to get them.

That falls on the personnel dept. If you want to bash Russ, bash him for what he's actually done, like deferring personnel decisions to guys like Modrak and Guy when he was GM-in-title, or hiring Whaley, or promoting Whaley to GM. Those are tangible decisions that we don't have to speculate upon.

Drawing abstract, baseless conclusions such as "well, he got here then, and we suddenly stopped making the playoffs permanently" is sloppy and incongruent with any of the tangible talking points.

Actually my point was more about John Butler and Aj Smith saying it was tough to work here and bolting for San Diego leaving Ralph. It coincides with Russ Brandon's rise to power.

It's not about a platform to defend. It's about how wrong LaConjecture has been about the Bills. Other "insider" reports with similar information would garner more serious consideration.

No it wouldn't. Jason Cole gets hammered with this same crap. When Schefter reports something, the Marrone thing gets brought up. Another insider corroborated that he heard what Canfora heard, so I don't know this board's malfunction.

Hey, Bandit

I'll attempt a productive discourse, since I do value our exchanges

I know you know I'm no fan of Russ -- and here's a perspective I'd like your opinion on

I absolutely get the debate about Russ' level of involvement in football matters over the past 17 years -- ranged from 100% to 10% or maybe less -- but, while acknowledging that I have 3 points:

1- Russ still has influence on WHO the Bills hire as GM / HC. The fact we haven't had one successful GM or HC over those 17 years, doesn't he deserve some of the blame for giving bad advice ?

2- There is general consensus that selecting a QB is an organizational decision. I think there were several threads about the Manuel pick being one that was made collectively by the FO. Setting aside EJ, doesn't Russ deserve blame for the state of that position over the past 17 years ? The choice to select the ones we selected, but more importantly the choice to NOT select one for so many years ?

3- Culture. I've said this before, the culture of this organization is set at the top. The top was Russ for many years. The culture is way too accepting of mediocrity, that bleeds across all parts of the organization.

Thoughts ?

Actually my point was more about John Butler and Aj Smith saying it was tough to work here and bolting for San Diego leaving Ralph. It coincides with Russ Brandon's rise to power.

And do you have any reason to suspect that Russ had anything to do with that, especially considering that Butler allowed Russ to tag along and taught him the business side of things?

If your not part of the solution you are part of the problem