In what order do these four need to go:

jester43

ABSOLUTELY!!!

Here's mine:

1) Whaley

2) Brandon

3) Rex

4) Taylor

Whaley would make me the happiest by far. The Bills will NEVER be good with Whaley giving away draft picks and wasting cash on inflated contracts.

1.) Whaley doesn't negotiate the contracts, Jim Overdorf does.

2.) I agree with you about the giving away of picks, but I do wonder how much of that comes from above him. I still tend to think the Sammy trade was marketing based. I have no proof.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ABSOLUTELY!!!

Here's mine:

1) Whaley

2) Brandon

3) Rex

4) Taylor

Whaley would make me the happiest by far. The Bills will NEVER be good with Whaley giving away draft picks and wasting cash on inflated contracts.

Bill, you have allowed the Sammy deal for an additional first round pick turn you into a resolute critic of Whaley. In hindsight the deal was a mistake not because Sammy isn't a tremendous talent but because this infuriating organization didn't have a qb in place to make that selection pay off to the extent it could have paid off. I'll also make the same point over the Clay acquisition. If his value is diminished it isn't because he isn't a good receiver so much as his receiving skills aren't being maximized because our qb performances are inadequate to make full use of the receiving talent.

As far as the Brandon lynching craze I just don't get the zealotry against him. He works in the business sector of Pegula's multi-phased conglomerate. The past is not the present. He shouldn't be a target because he is far from the real field of play. Don't get me wrong Whaley is fair game for criticism but the Brandon fixation has me scratching my head.

Very much need to disagree here. TT could have won the SB last year if he was on Denver. Jim Harbaugh could win a SB with TT, heck he was a power outage away from winning it with Kaepernick!!!

Bottom line is our team isn't much different from those two teams I mentioned above. 2-3 better draft picks and a real coach and that's it. Rex is our biggest problem. Him Coaching Denver last year they are 9-7. Him coaching that SF team from 5ish years ago and he is 7-9.

Harbaugh with this current roster is a 3 or 4 loss team. Replace say Watkins with K Mack, and TJ Graham for TY Hilton and put Harbaugh at HC we would be a SB Favorite easy.

For some reason everyone is hating on TT. We have no WRs whatsoever and the right side of our line is HORRID, yet we are the 10th best - TENTH BEST - at points per game. Last year we were 12th. Plus we don't turn the ball over. Thats GREAT considering WR and pass blocking. Plus its his first two years! You people also don;t give TT credit for how he helps our rushing attack. And you dont consider the reason he doesn;t throw it deep - his WRs suck and he doesn;t trust them. Nor should he. They dont catch the ball when he does heave it up to them. Give us a Mike Evans and you will see the balls fly. Give us a Big guy who can jump and compete for the ball and you will see it fly. Bottom line is our WRs suck and arent trusted by the QB, and for good reason.

I agree with most of this!

Coaching is the major concern in that a better HC would have gotten a far better outcome the last two years. This HC was brought in to make use of all the stars on the defense and build a defense for the ages. Instead, that #4 overall defense was made middling with a bad scheme and the one best area of the team in getting pressure on opposing QB's went to last in the league and 31st in sacks!

This supposed defensive guru hasn't won a game against a team with a winning QB the last two years save one, Brian Hoyer BFD. The Buffalo defense is currently ranked 17th, 28th against the run. This team was leading the NFL in sacks and had the leading sacker...all the way up until the defense plays against a good team. NO SACKS against the Raiders or Steelers!

GM: Some Bills fans don't understand the dislike for the current man in charge of the Buffalo Bills roster and without question Doug Whaley is in charge of the Bills roster! I don't read here anyone even disputing this fact!

Yet, this team has several positions on the team that were lacking depth prior to the season and now have become such weak areas that real excuses can be made as to why this team is failing to win games against the better teams.

The Safety position: both starters, and backups both need serious upgrades. RT is a turnstile! The WR position: Bills fans just don't realize how badly this team needs upgrades at this position.

To date the leading Buffalo Bills receiver with the most TD's is... Justin Hunter who has 8 rec for 109 yards, 4 TD's. Yes, that's yardage for the entire season!

Second is Goodwin with 24 rec for 364 yards, 3 TD's.

Woods 43 rec for 522 yards, 1 TD

Clay with 39 rec for 335 yards, 1 TD.

Watkins with 16 for 235 yards, 1 TD.

Walter Powell (on IR) 14 for 122 yards, 0 TD

Brandon Tate 8 rec for 117 yards, 0 TD

Greg Salas with 4 rec for 89 yards, 1 TD

Percy Harvin on IR after 2 games

Chris Gragg on IR

Marcus Easley on IR

Take a long hard look at that list to see it's downright pathetic! Last year Sammy Watkins played in only 13 games and had 1047 yards and 9 TD's!!

Bills fans fail to comprehend just how bad the current WR situation for Buffalo is in that their #1 WR has only played in 5 games and he was playing injured. Woods has played in 8 games and he also played injured.

While we simply don't know how good Tyrod Taylor can be against the better defenses because he has yet to have a solid WR corps to throw to. Bills fans say they see WR's running wide open all over the field and Taylor doesn't see them. I don't know how long those players were open for but what I can say is when you have a WR corps as depleted as this one it is so darn easy for opponents to defend against it.

Anyone else thinking that this team could have used a WR talent like Michael Floyd?

Brandon: I could care less if the man stays on the financial side or leaves. I just want someone overseeing this franchise that actually knows NFL football and has experience in building a winning franchise! I also could care less if the man wants to sit in on football meetings as long as he has no influence on any football decision.

To those that say he has no influence! Someone at OBD convinced these new owners that they didn't need Bill Polian or a football czar and that they "would know who to hire after they interviewed all the prospective candidates"!

Edited by Nihilarian

Whaley did an incredible job of getting us 5 very good LB's with only burning 2 second round picks in Preston and Ragland. He stole hughes, zach, and lorax.

The Shady and TD Mike backfield is a top 5 tandem in the league.

Oline is above average.

His drafting is mediocre but so are most teams drafts. So what is your new "genius" gm going to do? Get all new scouts and find the next Tom Brady in round 6?

Our roster is talented enough that we could make a superbowl run with an elite qb, that's how you judge a gm. Getting that qb doesn't happen without completely tanking or dumb luck like the Cowboys had with Dak.

Bill, you have allowed the Sammy deal for an additional first round pick turn you into a resolute critic of Whaley. In hindsight the deal was a mistake not because Sammy isn't a tremendous talent but because this infuriating organization didn't have a qb in place to make that selection pay off to the extent it could have paid off. I'll also make the same point over the Clay acquisition. If his value is diminished it isn't because he isn't a good receiver so much as his receiving skills aren't being maximized because our qb performances are inadequate to make full use of the receiving talent.

As far as the Brandon lynching craze I just don't get the zealotry against him. He works in the business sector of Pegula's multi-phased conglomerate. The past is not the present. He shouldn't be a target because he is far from the real field of play. Don't get me wrong Whaley is fair game for criticism but the Brandon fixation has me scratching my head.

Amen John.

Here are my 4 choices of who has to go:

1 - People who constantly go monomaniacal on Brandon as the root of all that's wrong with the Bills;

2 - People who constantly go monomaniacal on Whaley as a failed GM for "never" drafting anyone good, and for "always" trading away our top picks;

3 - People who believe Rex is a good HC and deserves another shot;

4 - People who wildly support Chad Kelly for Bills QB.

KABOOM. Get them all out.

I wish the Pegula's would hire a competent person to run the team and get out of the way. They are wonderful people but know nothing about funning a football team. Hire someone who does and let him or her do their job without micromanaging and infighting. Have a straight line organization so everyone know who is in charge and there is no more group think. Owner hires President. President hires Gm. GM hires HC. HC hires staff. GM, coaches and scouts collaborate on building the roster. If any part of the chain breaks down, the person directly above that part addresses it or that person will answer to their superior.

Too much chaos and bull crap at OBD.

All at the same time. Hire your GM to get his coach and then have that GM draft towards that coaches system. Maybe we will need to go with a stop gap QB while grooming the next one...

The harsh reality is that if another qb is going to be acquired through a trade or free agency it is not going to be an upper tier qb. Whether Cardale Jones eventually develops or another qb is drafted, even with a high round pick, it still is not going to be an immediate solution.

The best that this franchise can do is to get a veteran qb who at the minimum can read defenses and can throw accurately. It is not necessarily going to be a perfect solution but at least a functional qb will be able to run an authentic NFL offense.

Our roster needs additions but it is far from being a deadbeat roster that needs major changes. I strongly believe that having a qb who can run a pro offense will make a big difference.

Rex and only Rex. He doesn't adjust his scheme to accommodate the skillset of his players. All great coaches do that and he just doesn't.

Tyrod is exactly what we thought he would be, a great runner. As a passer he cannot read the field, and a lot of that has to do with game planning. If the offense was run with a quick passing scheme with an occasional deep pass here and there, he would be successful. As a deep passer who cannot see over the middle, he is absolutely horrendous. I mean the play action type that completely fools the defense.

Whaley has made the mistake on a few occasions by jumping up in the draft. Never jump up, always jump down and select quality players with little added pressure. Plus, you can set yourself up for future drafts with additional picks.

Brandon is strictly on the business side of it. Keep him far away from football and hockey decisions.

Like I said with Rex, if Rex had any clue at all he would make adjustments to support his players weakness and attack the opposing teams weaknesses.

I think Patricia would be the best candidate from Bills regime based on his ability to run the ever changing Patriots defense. He also has experience on the offensive side which gives him an added dimension when it comes to running a team.

Edited by ROONDOGG55

1. Tyrod

2. Tyrod

3. Tyrod

4. Tyrod

Regardless of their faults (DW, RB, RR) if there was a legit middle of the pack NFL QB starting for the Bills this year, I firmly believe they would have at least 2 more wins and be heading to the playoffs. If that's what was really happening right now, nobody would be talking about which heads to roll first. All starts with the QB.

Yes we should repeat the pattern until it finally work for the Bills. Lets not get a new GM who finds a coach and brings in the right players for whatever offense we are going to run. Until the Bills adopt a strategic approach to fix the losing culture we will remain a franchise that a Head Coach will walk away from to be an O-Line coach in Jacksonville. Tyrod is not the root cause of the problem. He's not the one missing XPs or playing below average defense or allowing family members with no recent success join the team.

Just a note:

The Bills have stated sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo many times that Whaley has full control over the 53-man roster that it's actually boring to hear it at this point.

If anyone can find anything that disputes that, anywhere, I'd be interested to see it.

The language has been plain as day: "Doug Whaley has full control over the 53-man roster". I am asking for an example of a direct statement otherwise, since some people seem to want to make that claim. It almost feels like an agenda :lol:

Not "I saw a picture of Russ in the draft room", or "Russ was on the phone with Glenn Gronkowski", or "he was in the room when a guy was cut". That's useless information when you have clean-and-clear statements from the owner, president, and GM that contradict it.

What's your point? It's somehow not a dysfunctional mess? Does any of this change our record for last 17 years? Is Russ not at the top of this dysfunction? I'm really curious how all of your notes defend Russ's role as President of the team.

I could just as easily point out numerous occasions where he has stated that HIS main priority and goal for the organization is to win a superbowl. The team hasn't even sniffed the playoffs in nearly 10 years of his semi autonomy.

Would we really be any worse off without him, really?

What's your point? It's somehow not a dysfunctional mess? Does any of this change our record for last 17 years? Is Russ not at the top of this dysfunction? I'm really curious how all of your notes defend Russ's role as President of the team.

I could just as easily point out numerous occasions where he has stated that HIS main priority and goal for the organization is to win a superbowl. The team hasn't even sniffed the playoffs in nearly 10 years of his semi autonomy.

Would we really be any worse off without him, really?

You shouldn't be curious; I've stated my opinion ad nauseum.

If you want to take issue with the job that Russ has done as President of the team, start with his decision to hire/promote Whaley--that's the biggest personnel-related impact that he's had on the team.

And for the record, I'm on the fence with regard to Whaley.

it's the guy buying the groceries...that'd be Whaley.

missed on EJ

mortgaged the future by using 2 first round picks on Sammy. Could have had Mack at #5 or sat at #9 and taken Odell Beckham or DT Aaron Donald and kept the second first rounder.

overpaid on long term deals for underperforming Dareus, Clay, A. Williams, Hughes. re-did shady's deal.

NOT in good cap shape for 2017

Whaley hasn't done anything special at all.

it's the guy buying the groceries...that'd be Whaley.

missed on EJ

mortgaged the future by using 2 first round picks on Sammy. Could have had Mack at #5 or sat at #9 and taken Odell Beckham or DT Aaron Donald and kept the second first rounder.

overpaid on long term deals for underperforming Dareus, Clay, A. Williams, Hughes. re-did shady's deal.

NOT in good cap shape for 2017

Whaley hasn't done anything special at all.

correct. and he's a huge bull **** artist on top of it. the only time he sounds like a real person talking on the radio is when howard asks him about his family. he and russ can go pound sand.

Id' like SOMEONE ELSE to decide whether rex needs to go...other than the two guys who are trying to deflect blame from themselves for the rpoblems they preside over....this after they supposedly HAD to have Rex so bad they told terry to lock him in the basement till they got the contract together.

John, of course qb is the issue. I am well aware of this. My main point is similar, but not exactly the same as yours.

I am just so sick of hearing how (fill in the blank) wasn't a bad pick because he is "good," or a "tremendous talent." I heard this about Whitner, Gilmore, Spiller, etc. This team is losing games with all of these "good" players, and giving away huge, questionable contracts and draft picks while doing so. This imo is not acceptable and if Whaley isn't responsible, who IS to blame?