I'm glad Hogan is on my fantasy team

dave mcbride

But looking at it with the benefit of hindsight, he was clearly the 2nd best receiver on the Bills, who preferred Percy Harvin, Robert Woods, and Marquis Goodwin ...

Except that Percy Harvin was retired. Woods still under contract, could've made a case for cutting Goodwin. Hogan is just a guy that is now playing on the best NFL franchise. It's not a surprise that he catches a few balls. He's not a pro bowler

Oh, shut up.

Now that's an argument! At least you took time to wrack your mind for a better answer ... I was kind of hoping for the Marcus Easley fans to come out of the woodwork.

Except that Percy Harvin was retired. Woods still under contract, could've made a case for cutting Goodwin. Hogan is just a guy that is now playing on the best NFL franchise. It's not a surprise that he catches a few balls. He's not a pro bowler

I'm talking here about who got the most playing time last year. And it's not even arguable - Hogan is a better receiver than anyone other than Watkins on the 2015 Bills.

Edited by The Frankish Reich

He is legitimately good.

Good for you. How any Bills fan can stand to put a Patriot on their fantasy team is beyond me. It's one reason I won't play fantasy. Can't root for players on teams that I hate.

Now that's an argument! At least you took time to wrack your mind for a better answer ... I was kind of hoping for the Marcus Easley fans to come out of the woodwork.

I'm talking here about who got the most playing time last year. And it's not even arguable - Hogan is a better receiver than anyone other than Watkins on the 2015 Bills.

I'd still take Woods over Hogan. He's ok, what's with the obsession? He plays for the Pats in a much better offense for a much better team. His numbers this year aren't going to wow anyone. He's decent, not great. People act like he's Dez Bryant cuz Tom Brady is throwing him the football.

Good for you. How any Bills fan can stand to put a Patriot on their fantasy team is beyond me. It's one reason I won't play fantasy. Can't root for players on teams that I hate.

I play fantasy but will never put any players from the pats jets or dolphins on my team. Just can't do it as it makes you go for teams you hate. Or supposed to hate at least

Edited by billsfan11

I'd still take Woods over Hogan. He's ok, what's with the obsession? He plays for the Pats in a much better offense for a much better team. His numbers this year aren't going to wow anyone. He's decent, not great. People act like he's Dez Bryant cuz Tom Brady is throwing him the football.

I don't think anyone's ever said that he's a Dez Bryant or even a Sammy Watkins. The question is whether it was worth re-signing him rather than committing money somewhere else, and I think this season's WR situation has shown that not bringing him back was a mistake ...

I don't think anyone's ever said that he's a Dez Bryant or even a Sammy Watkins. The question is whether it was worth re-signing him rather than committing money somewhere else, and I think this season's WR situation has shown that not bringing him back was a mistake ...

Good luck with Boatdrinks. He is flailing so hard.

So you think the Bills would be a few wins better with Chris Hogan on the roster? Sorry , I just don't see it. He's a WR , not a QB. Tyrod has missed seeing wide open receivers all year. Doesn't matter one bit who's running the route.

Good luck with Boatdrinks. He is flailing so hard.

It's just such a ridiculous argument. Players come and go. TheBills record would be the same with Hogan, and so would the Pats without him. They'd just have a different guy catching balls from Brady once in awhile.

No, he has had great hands this season (no more wrist injury), has been running flawless routes, and is a great blocker. Watch the games. I have been.

Enjoy watching the Pats....

I play fantasy but will never put any players from the pats jets or dolphins on my team. Just can't do it as it makes you go for teams you hate. Or supposed to hate at least

I agree. I just care more about the real football, I guess.

So you think the Bills would be a few wins better with Chris Hogan on the roster? Sorry , I just don't see it. He's a WR , not a QB. Tyrod has missed seeing wide open receivers all year. Doesn't matter one bit who's running the route.

It's just such a ridiculous argument. Players come and go. TheBills record would be the same with Hogan, and so would the Pats without him. They'd just have a different guy catching balls from Brady once in awhile.

No, this is the ridiculous argument. It misses the point completely (which I think was your goal here).

The point is that the pats didn't even need Hogan, yet they paid him--and they are being rewarded for this pretty minor investment.

The Bills desperately need WRs and could paid Hogan and still gotten more value then they get from half the "stars" (such as they are) on this team.

You could not be more wrong and you are scrambling to bring logic to your side. It's completely unconvincing stuff.

No, this is the ridiculous argument. It misses the point completely (which I think was your goal here).

The point is that the pats didn't even need Hogan, yet they paid him--and they are being rewarded for this pretty minor investment.

The Bills desperately need WRs and could paid Hogan and still gotten more value then they get from half the "stars" (such as they are) on this team.

You could not be more wrong and you are scrambling to bring logic to your side. It's completely unconvincing stuff.

Hogan has 27 receptions this year playing with Brady. Imagine what he'd have here. He'd be a non factor. I agree with those who made that point. Woods would probably be great with Brady.

On a team with the Bills problems, Hogan is really a JAG. Would I have kept him over say, Goodwin ? Yeah, because Goodwin is useless. I'm not defending the move , but in the grand scheme of the Bills it was pretty inconsequential as I don't believe it would have led to more wins. That's the logic. I'm not the one being sentimental about a particular player here. The Pats are always rewarded for their dumpster diving because they have a great team already - mostly because of the QB. It's irrational to see an endless parade of throwaways go there and succeed as we all know they will, but think those players would have made some colossal difference here or wherever they came from. Yes , that's an advantage NE has and are usually rewarded for it. It's kind of an economy of scale for them. The Bills WRs other than Watkins are largely interchangeable as far as wins and losses go. They just aren't a good enough team for average WRs to make a difference.

On a team with the Bills problems, Hogan is really a JAG. Would I have kept him over say, Goodwin ? Yeah, because Goodwin is useless. I'm not defending the move , but in the grand scheme of the Bills it was pretty inconsequential as I don't believe it would have led to more wins. That's the logic. I'm not the one being sentimental about a particular player here. The Pats are always rewarded for their dumpster diving because they have a great team already - mostly because of the QB. It's irrational to see an endless parade of throwaways go there and succeed as we all know they will, but think those players would have made some colossal difference here or wherever they came from. Yes , that's an advantage NE has and are usually rewarded for it. It's kind of an economy of scale for them. The Bills WRs other than Watkins are largely interchangeable as far as wins and losses go. They just aren't a good enough team for average WRs to make a difference.

Great post. Hogan not being here didn't cost us the playoffs. So why should we care about Hogan being gone? We shouldn't. I never knew Hogan was such a hero. Edited by DriveFor1Outta5

Great post. Hogan not being here didn't cost us the playoffs. So why should we care about Hogan being gone? We shouldn't. I never knew Hogan was such a hero.

Well, we shouldn't really. I'm not going to convince Hogan fans, but I get being miffed when a guy you like skips town for a few 100k

and your team could have afforded it. A miscalculation, but just not very consequential in the win column. Left tackles and the like get priority in contract negotiations and cap space is at a premium. The Hogans of the world can slip by from time to time.

i'd say his average and history show he's a mediocre nfl talent. does everything OK, including being white skinned which helps you get on the patriots squad.

great story with the 4 years playing Lax in college and transitioning to the pro game.

in other news, man that Dixon kid running for Baltimore is an unbelievably powerful dude. What a beast.

Great post. Hogan not being here didn't cost us the playoffs. So why should we care about Hogan being gone? We shouldn't. I never knew Hogan was such a hero.

Look up marginal value. We all agree that one more win would drastically change the playoff picture. Is it that much of a stretch that a competent/good receiver out there instead of Percy Harvin or Walt Powell might have turned one game in our favor? And I forget the number, but Hogan wouldn't have really cost that much.