Draft THREE QB's per year until we get it right

Jmsbills

Reminds me of when my dad coached a little league team, and had the brainstorm that the best way to build a team was to draft all pitchers. Just keep drafting pitchers, until you get it right.

His team sucked, and he lasted a year. But I'm sure it'll work in the NFL.

See from my experiences coaching little league this should work because a kid that could pitch is usually in the elite group of players. When they are not pitching they are usually playing shortstop etc.... So what this tells me is your Dad definately had the right theory but just wasn't very good at evaluating talent.

2017 Draft

Round 1 - best QB on the board -Mitch Trubisky or Desaun Watson

Rounds 2-4 - Brad Kaaya and Chad Kelly

By not picking up TT'S option we will have enough cash to sign our own guys and get the best receiver option out there.

Fill in the rest with free agents and later drafts picks.

The team with any of the QB's listed above can not be any worse than TT and everyone of them is a better passer.

And what do we do about the 24 other positions on the team?

Remember when Ditka traded all his picks away to move up and select Ricky Williams? It didn't work out well for him.

But I understand the temptation to go to extremes to find the player that will turn the franchise around. Ditka needed a RB. We've needed a QB forever. Maybe it's time to try a little harder.

I used to tell people that ditka reminded me of a fan that coached a team. I remember once he went for it on like 4th and 8 on his own 20. Ricky Williams move reflected that same rash judgment.

Obviously the team needs to identify and acquire a QB they can consistently win with, but the idea of three per year is simply not practical.

How about 1 per year?

AND... do not let Rex or ANY other coach anywhere near the draft room...

Edited by San-O