Draft THREE QB's per year until we get it right

Jmsbills

2017 Draft

Round 1 - best QB on the board -Mitch Trubisky or Desaun Watson

Rounds 2-4 - Brad Kaaya and Chad Kelly

By not picking up TT'S option we will have enough cash to sign our own guys and get the best receiver option out there.

Fill in the rest with free agents and later drafts picks.

The team with any of the QB's listed above can not be any worse than TT and everyone of them is a better passer.

Reminds me of when my dad coached a little league team, and had the brainstorm that the best way to build a team was to draft all pitchers. Just keep drafting pitchers, until you get it right.

His team sucked, and he lasted a year. But I'm sure it'll work in the NFL.

Remember when Ditka traded all his picks away to move up and select Ricky Williams? It didn't work out well for him.

But I understand the temptation to go to extremes to find the player that will turn the franchise around. Ditka needed a RB. We've needed a QB forever. Maybe it's time to try a little harder.

2017 Draft

By not picking up TT'S option we will have enough cash to sign our own guys and get the best receiver option out there.

The team with any of the QB's listed above can not be any worse than TT and everyone of them is a better passer.

and in year 2 with 6 qb's on the roster, how do you evaluate them?

2017 Draft

Stupidest ongoing theory ever. You need to DEVELOP a quarterback. Almost none are NFL ready.

2017 Draft

Obviously the team needs to identify and acquire a QB they can consistently win with, but the idea of three per year is simply not practical.

Yes we been so successful going the OLD WAY - let's just keep doing things the way we have done them in the past. ( we must have at least two or three stars on our roster from the last 3 drafts - great results

Any real good talent evaluator could make a QB decision in a few games based on the players skill set and ability to make plays. If that guy does not have the talent you move on the the next guy.

But you guys just want the same old same old stuff - I would like to make the playoffs again in my lifetime.

PLEASE TERRY MAKE A DIFFERENCE BE BOLD AND CREATE A NEW WAY OF THINKING

Obviously the team needs to identify and acquire a QB they can consistently win with, but the idea of three per year is simply not practical.

In today's NFL you either have it or you don't.

TBH it has always been like that all the great QBs could have been thrown in day one and still ended up great.

Reminds me of when my dad coached a little league team, and had the brainstorm that the best way to build a team was to draft all pitchers. Just keep drafting pitchers, until you get it right.

His team sucked, and he lasted a year. But I'm sure it'll work in the NFL.

Your dad coached the Mets?

In today's NFL you either have it or you don't.

TBH it has always been like that all the great QBs could have been thrown in day one and still ended up great.

The mental and physical ability to play the position at the NFL level often shows up rather quickly.

The mental and physical ability to play the position at the NFL level often shows up rather quickly.

Yup. For all the talk of developing quarterbacks, how many successful NFL QBs have really been 'developed'? Of course a good QB becomes more polished over time, but the basic ability is either there or it's not. It seems to me most of the starters in the NFL were starters very early in their careers and most of them are who we thought they were in the first year or two. It was pretty clear Carr was a going to be good his rookie year. Just as it's clear now that Taylor will never be a good passer.

Yup. For all the talk of developing quarterbacks, how many successful NFL QBs have really been 'developed'? Of course a good QB becomes more polished over time, but the basic ability is either there or it's not. It seems to me most of the starters in the NFL were starters very early in their careers and most of them are who we thought they were in the first year or two. It was pretty clear Carr was a going to be good his rookie year. Just as it's clear now that Taylor will never be a good passer.

Yup - the light went on for Carr about midway through his rookie season.

So much this it isn't funny.

It was obvious to me after about 5 starts that Tyrod wasn't the answer. Some people here are just late adopters.