Irrespective of qb debate, bills have to draft/sign 2ndary

Given the probable impending retirement of Aaron Williams (a very good safety), the bills cannot continue to trot out a secondary with one good player (gilmore), one solid one (graham), and a fleet of practice squad-level players. Since the rams game, it has been seven games and no one has intercepted a pass except gilmore (2 against an aj green-less cincy). That is HORRIBLE. This secondary is just awful. Carr's receivers had 5 drops today which makes the performance look better than it is, but honestly, they stink. They cannot cover, and Darby has been a terrible disappointment (although to be fair he was eaten alive late in 2015 after a strong start).

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Vet safety - not a rookie, if Rex is here

Nope. Get secondary in FA and draft OFFENSE

100% agree. First two nights should see a RT, WR and QB... maybe a TE....

If a defensive star falls, sure, but I don't like the rookie safety in Rex's scheme being the right move

Vet safety - not a rookie, if Rex is here

100% agree. First two nights should see a RT, WR and QB... maybe a TE....

If a defensive star falls, sure, but I don't like the rookie safety in Rex's scheme being the right move

See my post above - i should have written "sign FA" but i ran out of space and simply figured readers would equate "sign" with FA.

See my post above - i should have written "sign FA" but i ran out of space and simply figured readers would equate "sign" with FA.

Even so I think it's a distinction I'd like to point out. In acquiring him, I'd rather find a heady vet that is the right fit even if more pricey over an freakish athlete rookie assuming Rex stays. If it's that important a role and we've seen mental over physical succeed in it - let's get the most athletic rocket scientist we can find with some starting experience

Against good teams you gotta be able to cover. Otherwise you're advocating being the atlanta falcons / saints.

You also need a QB you know the most important position on the field?

How are the Raiders and their bad defense 10-2. Ok yeah QB play

Edited by MAJBobby

You also need to not make every post have qb or TT in them. I've backed you up a few times but this clearly is an ignoring qb let's talk about the secondary thread

I would rather find a safety in UFA. Also I would rather re-sign Gilmore. I think our CBS are fine specially if Rex and his system is canned.

Get a RT in UFA

Did you see how Raiders line was built (pretty good line too) all UFA signings except one 3rd rounder of their own.

I'm fine either way at RT-- but think you can add a real quality one day 2 of the draft so it's not as pressing at FA as some

Given the probable impending retirement of Aaron Williams (a very good safety), the bills cannot continue to trot out a secondary with one good player (gilmore), one solid one (graham), and a fleet of practice squad-level players. Since the rams game, it has been seven games and no one has intercepted a pass except gilmore (2 against an aj green-less cincy). That is HORRIBLE. This secondary is just awful. Carr's receivers had 5 drops today which makes the performance look better than it is, but honestly, they stink. They cannot cover, and Darby has been a terrible disappointment (although to be fair he was eaten alive late in 2015 after a strong start).

Other than Revis in his prime, every other DB playing under Rex has been called terrible at one point or another in their careers. That can't be a coincidence. By the time he was set to leave the Jets, they were calling them the worst CBs in the NFL. When he left, the defense was strong the very next year.