Rex needs to be fired no matter what!

Beef Jerky

Most of it is good. Washington though is a 4-3 3 Tech DT.

If you cut Preston Brown who is your SLB.

4-3 could look like this.

RDE - Hughes

1Tech - Dareus

3Texh - Williams/Washington

LDE - Shaq

WLB - Zach

Mike- Ragland

SLB- Preston Brown

CB - Darby

CB - Gilmore (if re-signed) Might need one

Safety- Graham (he would be a fine SS in 4-3 cover 3 concepts)

FS - Need one in draft (Aaron Retires I think). Athletic player too maybe round 2-3

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

RDE - Hughes

1Tech - Dareus

LDE - Shaq

WLB - Zach

Mike- Ragland

SLB- Preston Brown

CB - Darby

FS - Need one in draft (Aaron Retires I think). Athletic player too maybe round 2-3

I think this is exactly how our Defense would look if we went with the 4-3 as our base defense.

The best player on defense, Lorenzo Alexander, is gone from your defense. Jerry Hughes will be outside contain? No more edge rushes?

Ragland coming off of ACL rehab will be the focal point of the defense. He will need to stop Ajayi and Blunt four times a year, and then run down the middle of the field 20 yards on every pass play to cover.

Dareus, who waves himself out, will be a one technique?

Still major problems in the secondary. New FS, Graham's still there. Darby and Gilmore will continue to bite on play fakes.

The best player on defense, Lorenzo Alexander, is gone from your defense. Jerry Hughes will be outside contain? No more edge rushes?

Ragland coming off of ACL rehab will be the focal point of the defense. He will need to stop Ajayi and Blunt four times a year, and then run down the middle of the field 20 yards on every pass play to cover.

Dareus, who waves himself out, will be a one technique?

Still major problems in the secondary. New FS, Graham's still there. Darby and Gilmore will continue to bite on play fakes.

Alexander cycles on the edge

One of Hughes best years in the 4-3 so yeah he will be fine

Ragland is a fine Mike and comes of the field in passing downs Safe Brown replaces

Dareus Best year as a Bill has been out of the 1 Tech

Secondary get better with conceptual changes

I am on board with this except I would rather re-sign Lorax for SLB and trade Preston Brown for a pick.

Lorax is a 4-3 DE not a SLB

You had me at "Fire Rex."

:thumbsup:

The thing is that not much changes unless this new owner makes changes in the entire org from the top down.

Terry Pegula has already proven that he, Brandon and Whaley don't have a clue who to hire as HC. Whaley has no clue who to draft for the QB position and neither do any of the current Bills scouts. The team's doctors and trainers suck big time to keep drafting injured players and keep having long lists of players getting injured during the season.

This new owner has more than enough money to hire the best advisers in the NFL to guide him to hire a new team president of football operations with enough acumen to know which GM, scouts, HC, doctors, trainers, players to build a winning franchise.

I am on board with this except I would rather re-sign Lorax for SLB and trade Preston Brown for a pick.

I'm not sure about either end of this idea. Alexander has dropped 64 times this year, not sure how he handles a full time coverage role.

Also, trading Preston would be short sighted. In a year where roster turnover could be high, even having him as depth at his 2017 price would be a godsend.

I'm not sure about either end of this idea. Alexander has dropped 64 times this year, not sure how he handles a full time coverage role.

Also, trading Preston would be short sighted. In a year where roster turnover could be high, even having him as depth at his 2017 price would be a godsend.

I would put him at DE. It could be an added benifit that our DEs are experienced in coverage. Opens some game concepts in the front 7 as well

I guess I'm going against the grain here, but I don't have as much of a problem with Rex as others. We're .500 with high-priced bums like Clay and Dareus and a bottom 5 QB. Give Rex a legit starting QB and clear out the bums. I think Whaley and the front office are the bigger problem and we're not getting anybody better than Rex in our current situation of another rebuild.

I guess I'm going against the grain here, but I don't have as much of a problem with Rex as others. We're .500 with high-priced bums like Clay and Dareus and a bottom 5 QB. Give Rex a legit starting QB and clear out the bums. I think Whaley and the front office are the bigger problem and we're not getting anybody better than Rex in our current situation of another rebuild.

Nice to meet you, Rob. Get a haircut.

Two of those three wanted here by the coaching staff

Rex has his finger prints all over this roster as think he has more say in personnel than Marrone ever had. As a lot of the guys we've been adding have been former Jets or cast offs from Rob Ryan's pro defenses or Clemson and Oklahoma products which to me directly points to Rex. That said guys that seemingly have no ties to Rex have been solid signing in guys like Lorax, Zach Brown, Brandon Tate etc. which we might have added because of Whaley etc. Tough call but I have little issues with the personnel with the exception of QB.

RDE - Hughes

1Tech - Dareus

LDE - Shaq

WLB - Zach

Mike- Ragland

SLB- Preston Brown

CB - Darby

I like that lineup. The defense is much better playing a 4-3, and Preston Brown is more effective on the outside than he is on the inside.

Rex tried to fix a defense that wasn't broke, and all but ruined it.