Kevon Seymour starting - good

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I liked the Seymour pick the moment it was made and predicted he's earn the nickel job. If he has to go out and play on the corner on Sunday we will see how far along in his development he is. I see him more inside I have to say at this stage in his career and we should not be too fast to jump on the kid if he does not have a great game against two pretty darn good receivers. I think if they let Gilmore walk they will bring in a FA corner to start on maybe a 1 or 2 year deal and keep bringing Seymour along initially as the nickel and feeding him in more on the boundary.

I think he has talent. Let's just try not to jump to too many conclusions about his career one way or the other on Sunday evening.

It sucks that this has to be an injury related thing, but I agree with the OP this is very good for the development of our team.

The fact is all cb's get torched in this league, the goal is to have a pair that get burned less often than most. Its all about reps, putting down film on yourself in real game situations and getting coached up to learn, refine his technique and start locking down receivers.

He hits better than most too.

With Gilmore almost sure to be gone next year, time to get the kid in there. Tall, fast, looks to have ball skills. Go play against the best and see how he matches up. Saw this coming during training camp. Hope it works out. Go Bills. And keep Meeks off the da-n field.

LMAO ABM = Anybody But Meeks.... Seriously interested to see how well he plays also adjusting to his eye surgery which !@#$s with his depth perception

It sucks that this has to be an injury related thing, but I agree with the OP this is very good for the development of our team.

The fact is all cb's get torched in this league, the goal is to have a pair that get burned less often than most. Its all about reps, putting down film on yourself in real game situations and getting coached up to learn, refine his technique and start locking down receivers.

He hits better than most too.

Its gonna be fun to watch, I wish we still had Donnie Henderson coaching the DBs he was so good, as bad as we were/are at developing QBS, we are just as good at developing DBs under Hendersons reign. Gave us a rejuvenated Cory Graham, a great rookie season from Darby who got creamed in pre-season, and Searcy! You remember when our Safetys actually made interceptions remember that?

With Gilmore almost sure to be gone next year, time to get the kid in there. Tall, fast, looks to have ball skills. Go play against the best and see how he matches up. Saw this coming during training camp. Hope it works out. Go Bills. And keep Meeks off the da-n field.

If and when Gilmore leave this defense is a lot worse

He has played well ever since being here just a couple bad games here and there

But people want to run him off because of his post draft reaction

Maj.....there are have been instance this year where he frankly gave up on plays then turned around and started blaming team mates

Its not that he isnt a very good player.....he is....it is that he wants to be paid like he is one of the BEST at his position......when Revis was in his prime would we ever have seen him give up on a play?

THAT is my problem with him.....amazing talent......though

Maj.....there are have been instance this year where he frankly gave up on plays then turned around and started blaming team mates

Its not that he isnt a very good player.....he is....it is that he wants to be paid like he is one of the BEST at his position......when Revis was in his prime would we ever have seen him give up on a play?

He has made business decisions in a Contract year. Not going to kill him for that when he has been very good (yes Norman level of not better) since he has been here

I dont know if Sanders is a good example here......qbs were practically afraid to throw at him essentially creating a no fly zone on that side for fear of a pick

Gilmore doesnt do that

So I show you one. How about Norman did the same thing last year. But hey he gave up on a couple plays this year and that trumps all his great play since he has been here.

Flip side for another certain player on the team I guess

Also show me clips where Revis ever took on Blount or Gronk head up lol.

Edited by MAJBobby

So I show you one. How about Norman did the same thing last year. But hey he gave up on a couple plays this year and that trumps all his great play since he has been here.

Flip side for another certain player on the team I guess

Also show me clips where Revis ever took on Blount or Gronk head up lol.

why are you bring up TT in a discussion at another position

I thought Norman was way overpaid

Gilmore is also not taking on Blount and Gronk head up this year....he is shying away from contact

One year Revis gave up one touchdown all year... To Stevie Johnson

He has played well ever since being here just a couple bad games here and there

But people want to run him off because of his post draft reaction

So true. It is embarrassing.

I wonder what next good player will be the scapegoat after Gilmore leaves.

But good luck to Seymour. Tough first start.