Notre Dame Must Vacate Wins from 2012-13 and 2013-14

26CornerBlitz

vacating wins is a joke. It's like something from a George Orwell book: "these wins never happened." Talk about re-writing history. It's not like they give wins to the teams they beat, it's like the games never happened.

except for Kelly, whose coaching record will now be absent those wins. He has to be done there, right?

Manti Teo thinks they still exist though

Edited by YoloinOhio

Oh boy this should be interesting. Honestly I'm not sure how good schools like ND or Stanford can compete without some sort of academic agreements in place to keep the players eligible.

That's why they have such a hard time competing any more against the top teams.

Why do they just vacate the wins?

Dumbest 'punishment' ever, be it Carroll's USC team, ND or anyone else.

Oh boy this should be interesting. Honestly I'm not sure how good schools like ND or Stanford can compete without some sort of academic agreements in place to keep the players eligible.

I couldn't more. Stanford and ND are great schools, but people shouldn't believe for a second that the same admissions standards apply to football as the rest of the student body. If that were the case they would be in division three. Even the great academic schools bend the rules. It really doesn't matter if you are Stanford or FSU, either way you'll need to cheat to keep guys elgible. Edited by DriveFor1Outta5

Of course Kelly says this effects his standing with the university in no way, shape, or form. Gives him another chance to blame his players with a smile on his face. I hope he gets the LSU job and leaves. At this point, I think I would rather have Weis or even Willingham back.

I couldn't more. Stanford and ND are great schools, but people shouldn't believe for a second that the same admissions standards apply to football as the rest of the student body. If that were the case they would be in division three. Even the great academic schools bend the rules. It really doesn't matter if you are Stanford or FSU, either way you'll need to cheat to keep guys elgible.

I don't know what you are basing this on, but having taught athletes at Stanford -- including Stanford football players -- I can assure you that this is not my experience.

I determined their grades and there was no "cheating" to keep them eligible.

I was not involved with admissions, but once on campus Stanford football players took the same courses and met the same academic requirements as their fellow Stanford students.

I don't know what you are basing this on, but having taught athletes at Stanford -- including Stanford football players -- I can assure you that this is not my experience.

I was not involved with admissions, but once on campus Stanford football players took the same courses and met the same academic requirements as their fellow Stanford students.

That was always what i thought...ND, Stanford, the Ivy's...you might be able to get in with lowered standards than the average bear...but once there it is sink or swim. Granted, they have academic advisors on every team, and i assume on revenue teams like BB and Football...like a ratio of 3 athletes per advisor/tutor.

My daughter is Senior this year and was recruited in a non-revenue sport..her coach always said 3 seconds faster in a 200 is worth more than extra 100 on the SAT...and man is that ever true!

That was always what i thought...ND, Stanford, the Ivy's...you might be able to get in with lowered standards than the average bear...but once there it is sink or swim. Granted, they have academic advisors on every team, and i assume on revenue teams like BB and Football...like a ratio of 3 athletes per advisor/tutor.

My daughter is Senior this year and was recruited in a non-revenue sport..her coach always said 3 seconds faster in a 200 is worth more than extra 100 on the SAT...and man is that ever true!

Doesn't ND vacating these wins due to academic agreements prove that these schools aren't always "sink or swim" for athletes?

I'm bashing ND for what just came out. I'm also bashing the people who claim this never happens at "good" schools.