Trump & SCOTUS 2017-2021

/dev/null

How many Justices will Trump appoint  

24 members have voted

1. 1. How many Justices will Trump appoint

One of Trump's first acts as President will be to nominate a replacement for Scalia.

How many Justices will Trump appoint in the next four years? Given the ages of Ginsberg, Breyer, and Kennedy it's possible Trump could name as many as four Justices.

Instead of the 4-4 with Kennedy as the swing vote we've been accustomed to the last decade or two, we could be looking at a 7-2 Conservative Court with Sotomoyer and Kagan as the only Liberal Justices

I based my vote on one Trump term, replacing Scalia's seat quickly and presuming Ginsburg will be replaced some time during that four years. If Trump gets a 2nd term, I say he appoints three altogether.

Trump isn't replacing Ginsburg. They'll start playing "Weekend at Ruthie's" with her before they let Trump replace her.

Trump isn't replacing Ginsburg. They'll start playing "Weekend at Ruthie's" with her before they let Trump replace her.

That's what I'm thinking. Either way, it's pretty ghoulish to try to calculate which liberal Justice is going to die off in the next Presidential term.

That's what I'm thinking. Either way, it's pretty ghoulish to try to calculate which liberal Justice is going to die off in the next Presidential term.

How is it ghoulish? Supreme Court nominees were a big part of the Presidential campaign and as a friend of mine remarked, this wasn't a 4 year election it's a 40 year election

Given that it's one of the significant considerations people put into whom they vote for, I don't think discussing it is that out of line. But let's remember that these people are people, with relatives, some of whom we might actually know, and keep it reasonably civil.

(And note that my "Weekend at Ruthie's" joke wasn't about Ginsburg, so much as it was a characterization of the Democrats' desperation at keeping Trump nominees off the bench.)

How is it ghoulish? Supreme Court nominees were a big part of the Presidential campaign and as a friend of mine remarked, this wasn't a 4 year election it's a 40 year election

Death comes when it will. I'm presuming that no elderly liberal Justice will retire now that their candidate lost. Voting on who may die in the next four or eight years isn't my bag. I have always been happy to be surprised when someone dies. But feel free to proceed. I can see how this is of interest.

Trump will be the final POTUS ever. The Republic is finished.

So, either 9 or 0 is the correct answer, depending on how you look at it.

And Ginsburg is going into the oven.

You really need to stop with this insane crap. I know that this forum is generally left alone by the mods because it's understood to be a lost cause in terms of reasonable discussion, but this hate you've been pushing is too much. Please stop. Edited by Cugalabanza