I really didn't think he would win, but.....

Bernie got a raw deal for sure and he was one of the most genuine of candidates on either side, but his agenda was an impossible one to pass and fund so he had no chance.

Bernie got a raw deal because the Dem establishment teamed up on him and queered the race for Hillary.

Given a fair shot he would have done fine and perhaps even be President elect now. IM unscientific HO, Bernie would have won going away.

Dems have the party elite (Clinton/Schultz) to blame for this one. Yuuuuuuuuuuuge miscalculation. Its not like there weren't any signs that this was a outsider/throw the bums out election. Yet, they doubled down on THE establishment politics as usual cooperation.

Edited by reddogblitz

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have

Bernie got a raw deal because the Dem establishment teamed up on him queered the race for Hillary.

Given a fair shot he would have done fine and perhaps even be President elect now. IM unscientific HO, Bernie would have won going away.

For all of Bernie's considerable flaws, he would have had one thing going for him in the general election: he's not completely repellent.

I would love to see an accurate poll showing how many people voted for a candidate vs. against the other candidate. It's gotta be more than half.

I have

Bernie got a raw deal because the Dem establishment teamed up on him queered the race for Hillary.

Bernie would have crushed Trump. And me. Because winning an election by calling everything 'free' is a crappy way to win.

Bernie would have crushed Trump. And me. Because winning an election by calling everything 'free' is a crappy way to win.

Here we go with the free stuff again. Bernie was about A LOT more than free stuff. I'm sure you, of great political wissom, thought all! His followers were millennials living in their Moms basement too and all Trump supporters are racists.

I assume they felt that needed to do something along those lines to help secure the religious right; probably because it was a coin flip whether trump himself was naturally going to alienate them.

One bit of relief I have is that this administration doesn't give me the sense that it's going to be loaded with theocrats.

I would be shocked if it is.

What's deplorable about being a creationist?

To quote DC Tom - 'You are F&*king Idiot' if you buy any of that horse$hit and it should not be taught to anyone, cause frankly it isn't true. It also goes on to perpetuate all of the creation myths and the bronze age form of government aka religion. It also gives more credence to the idiotic evangelicals and their BS that they want to push through. This country was founded to be the land of the free, religious freedom, and most importantly separation of church and state. I suppose my atheism is showing through. I honestly have zero use for and tolerance for religion. They are all the same and all equally deplorable; although it is convenient to frequently forget about the abhorrent portions and pass it off as, well it was a different time, or it doesn't mean it in that way, etc with the rest of the cliches.

It sounds like there were a lot more people like you than the media was willing to admit. They wanted us to believe everyone just forgot all about that whole rigged primary thing and lined right up behind Hillary, because you know, Trump is evilracistnazihatefulxenophobicKKKmisogynist.

This was a big problem and turned really a majority of people away, from the get go she was the perfect definition of flawed candidate. Some of Trumps best ideas are identical to Sanders.

I was wondering about that too, especially as it came on the heels of his criticism regarding Republicans' not being known for 'equality'.

Um they aren't. Do a simple google search and see how they are not for equality. Let us not forget the states who went to ban LGBT rights. There is plenty out there to see, especially right now. There is plenty on my twitter and facebook news feeds (some true and some most likely not). You are an ostrich if you think that hatred and bigotry aren't out there still; they mostly vote GOP.

Not sure how you guys have so much time to post in here...there's protests to attend and flags to burn.

Protests are fine, usually you should be smart and do that before and election to strengthen your cause and rallying cry. It is really stupid to do right after you lost. It is acceptable if major legislation is going through (it may not stop it, but FFS at least it is at the right moment).. I am a dem, but am more independent as I find a lot of the dem points good theory but almost impossible in practice. Healthcare for instance shouldn't be tied to your job, it should be affordable, pre-existing conditions are idiotic and no one should be price-gouged. That being said the ACA well some good is an udder failure. There is no way you could go even further without destroying a trillion dollar industry and collapsing a major portion of the economy though.

Here we go with the free stuff again. Bernie was about A LOT more than free stuff.

Yes. Bernie was MUCH more about free stuff.

But in the end, he pushed the idea of free stuff...especially college...because people are stupid and actually believe it would be free.

Kinda like birth control today. Picked up my wife's prescription the other day, and there was no charge. I briefly thought "Wow. It's free." And then remembered, "No. No it's not."

I'll stop busting his chops about free stuff when he stops referring to it as being 'free.'

Here we go with the free stuff again. Bernie was about A LOT more than free stuff. I'm sure you, of great political wissom, thought all! His followers were millennials living in their Moms basement too and all Trump supporters are racists.

Not really. The majority of his platform, and how he would accomplish it would be giving away free stuff.

To quote DC Tom - 'You are F&*king Idiot' if you buy any of that horse$hit and it should not be taught to anyone, cause frankly it isn't true. It also goes on to perpetuate all of the creation myths and the bronze age form of government aka religion. It also gives more credence to the idiotic evangelicals and their BS that they want to push through. This country was founded to be the land of the free, religious freedom, and most importantly separation of church and state.

I suppose my atheism is showing through.

No...................that would be your bigotry :lol:

To quote DC Tom - 'You are F&*king Idiot' if you buy any of that horse$hit and it should not be taught to anyone, cause frankly it isn't true. It also goes on to perpetuate all of the creation myths and the bronze age form of government aka religion. It also gives more credence to the idiotic evangelicals and their BS that they want to push through. This country was founded to be the land of the free, religious freedom, and most importantly separation of church and state. I suppose my atheism is showing through. I honestly have zero use for and tolerance for religion. They are all the same and all equally deplorable; although it is convenient to frequently forget about the abhorrent portions and pass it off as, well it was a different time, or it doesn't mean it in that way, etc with the rest of the cliches.

Just knock that **** off. You are NOT quoting me. I insult people because they're ineffable morons...but NOT because they hold beliefs that disagree with mine.

You're the worst kind of athiest: the evangelical athiest who assumes he knows **** he can't possibly know. If that's who you want to be, that's up to you...but leave my name out of it, shitbird.

I'm trying to give him a clean, or at lease erased slate. But please take back the twitter. Please let's not let president elect and soon president Trump attack the media for inciting protests (today), and god knows what tomorrow.

Im rooting for a guy who will be unafraid to bash up DC and his handlers who can keep his worst tendencies in a box.

I'm trying to give him a clean, or at lease erased slate. But please take back the twitter. Please let's not let president elect and soon president Trump attack the media for inciting protests (today), and god knows what tomorrow.

Im rooting for a guy who will be unafraid to bash up DC and his handlers who can keep his worst tendencies in a box.

The media needs to be taken to task.

So your a militant evangelical atheist? Also, your understanding of the history of the First Amendment as applies to religious freedom is completely wrong.

The reason for the Amendment is that the Founders were throwing off the Divine Right of Kings in favor of the Lockean Rights of Man. They were rejecting a government in which the Ruler declared his absolute right to govern and his power over his subjects was Divine.

Further, it is important to note that the freedom of religion is not the freedom from religion, and was never intended to be.

So your a militant evangelical atheist? Also, your understanding of the history of the First Amendment as applies to religious freedom is completely wrong.

The reason for the Amendment is that the Founders were throwing off the Divine Right of Kings in favor of the Lockean Rights of Man. They were rejecting a government in which the Ruler declared his absolute right to govern and his power over his subjects was Divine.

Further, it is important to note that the freedom of religion is not the freedom from religion, and was never intended to be.

Sherlock Holmes, he ain't:

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness