Donohoe's Ego Bites Him Again with JP

JohninMinn.

Here's another old article about JP

JP Losman

Quarterback - Position Rank: #4

Tulane

6'2" - 217 lbs

4.68 - Pro Day 40

Other than big Ben R-Berger, the quarterback with the most overall athletic ability just might be Tulane's JP Losman. Big and agile, with good speed, Losman can make all the throws and has good accuracy to go along with the all-important ability to maintain that accuracy while on the move. Unfortunately, he doesn't always play like his breakdowns and profiles say he should. He's simply not as productive as he should be. Perhaps that's merely a by-product of playing on a subpar team, but there seems to be something bigger afoot. Something more wrong. Losman might end up a coach-killer, a guy who can have big games, and tease a coach to the ultimate ruin of both careers. See Rob Johnson.

by Bradley Warshauer

Donohoe bet the farm on Greg Williams and Rob Johnson and now.....

No way can JP be groomed before the nucleus of this team is disbanded. Mark these words The whole "small market" franchise is in jeopardy and riding on the hopes of a raw not very bright college kid with all the "physical skills." :devil:

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

JP = RJ???

And this one actually came in a scouting report?

I think there is a big difference between the two. Rob Johnson was complacent. He didn't have the fire in his belly. JP Losman has too much pride and confidence in himself to fail. At least that's what I'm hoping....

No way can JP be groomed before the nucleus of this team is disbanded. Mark these words The whole "small market" franchise is in jeopardy and riding on the hopes of a raw not very bright college kid with all the "physical skills." :devil:

252393[/snapback]

I will bet $100.00 the Bills will win more than 3 games. I will lay the $100.00

to your $20.00. If I win I get 20...if you win you get 100.

252393[/snapback]

I agree with you, this team is bound to regress and by the time JP learns the game (assuming he does) we may not have the key players on this team. It looks like we're letting PW walk, which is another big mistake.

I'm sure Pittsburgh is pissed to have seen TD leave....2 playoff appearances in the 4 years he's gone.

252393[/snapback]

seeing how you know the future ,could you give me the lotto numbers for sat night. :lol:

252393[/snapback]

TD inherited Rob Johnson......John Butler was the one who 'bet the farm' on him. As for JP, being that Tom Brady was a 6th round pick I seriously doubt that there were any glowing reviews about him when he came out in the draft. Chances are JP will not be Tom Brady, but the point is that there is more reason to be optimistic than pessimistic.

Funny how the few of you who seem so hung up on bashing TD and his supposed 'ego' rarely complain about it when one of TD's 'ego moves' pays off......which is clearly more often than not.

If TD, MM, Wyche, and the rest of them have faith in JP, chances are there's good reason for us to have faith in him, too.

I agree with you, this team is bound to regress and by the time JP learns the game (assuming he does) we may not have the key players on this team.  It looks like we're letting PW walk, which is another big mistake.

I'm sure Pittsburgh is pissed to have seen TD leave....2 playoff appearances in the 4 years he's gone.

That (50% playoff appearances) is worse than they did WITH TD. And they choked again in the playoffs, despite having HFA throughout. The facts are the Steelers will never win a SB with Cowher.

I agree with you, this team is bound to regress and by the time JP learns the game (assuming he does) we may not have the key players on this team.  It looks like we're letting PW walk, which is another big mistake.

252405[/snapback]

this team would have regressed with Drew at QB.

No way does JP put up worse production in 2005 than Drew did in 2004.

this team would have regressed with Drew at QB.

No way does JP put up worse production in 2005 than Drew did in 2004.

252456[/snapback]

I agree.....Seriously, how could JP possibly do worse? Drew played adequately to well in some of the games we were supposed to have won. He played poorly in a couple of the games we were supposed to have won. And he played like SH*T in the games we NEEDED to win. Drew's contribution last year was nothing spectacular. The bar he set will be very reachable for JP this year, but the difference is that JP has upside whereas Drew was tapped out.

Well I guess we'll see now just how much Drew was holding back the offense, and whether JP has what it takes. I hope he does, but getting rid of a guy who led the Bills to within a game of the playoffs, and who would be getting the help he needed on offense this off-season to get the Bills over that hump, is a VERY risky move. But I don't see the Bills winning just 3 games, and I'll take any bets on that one.

Well I guess we'll see now just how much Drew was holding back the offense, and whether JP has what it takes.  I hope he does, but getting rid of a guy who led the Bills to within a game of the playoffs, and who would be getting the help he needed on offense this off-season to get the Bills over that hump, is a VERY risky move.  But I don't see the Bills winning just 3 games, and I'll take any bets on that one.

252477[/snapback]

I couldn't agree more. Besides, JP *by himself* will not regress the Bills to 3-13. There is a running game and a defense, after all.

Funny how some people are panicking now that Drew is gone. :devil:

Now we're digging up old 2004 Draft articles to prove our points about Losman?? :devil: Give me a break. Did Roethlisberger's pre-draft writeup say,

"Has good head on shoulders. Will be ready to lead future NFL team to 15-1 record and appearance in AFC Championship game should starting QB go down early in the season."

Losman has thrown exactly five passes in the NFL so far. FIVE. Can we please wait to determine whether or not the kid is going to suceed or fail after he's thrown at least 10? Is it really necessary to dig up old scouting reports??

There is a point in all of that though...

We are truly either getting the next JK or the next RJ. There will be no in-between. Kid has talent and ego, like JK did.

Does he have JK's heart? If the answer is yes (and by God I hope it is), we'll be in for a helluva ride. I shudder to think of what will happen if he does not have it.

No way can JP be groomed before the nucleus of this team is disbanded. Mark these words The whole "small market" franchise is in jeopardy and riding on the hopes of a raw not very bright college kid with all the "physical skills." :flirt:

252393[/snapback]

Well, your right. That article sums it all up. Might as well GIVE UP, close up shop and go home!

:doh: