Donohoe's Ego Bites Him Again with JP

JohninMinn.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I got tired of the Bledsoe bashing pretty quick, but never once did I criticize Losman, or say I didn't think he should be given every chance to be the starter next season...I have seen every one of his regular season snaps, and about half his pre-season work.  From that, I can draw no real conclusions as to how good he might be.  I am not entirely sure why, but I have a good feeling about the Bills new coaching staff, and I agree, that gives the decision they made more creedence with me...

253356[/snapback]

buftex, I agree, 100%.

Three wins?? The defense alone is good for six. See 2003. There is no doubt that there will be a learning curve for JP. How quickly he picks up on it will likely be the difference in making or missing the playoffs in '05. Call me crazy, but I'd also like to see how free agency, the draft, mini camps, training camp, and preseason go before condemning or praising this team. For the record, color me "cautiously optimistic".

buftex, I agree, 100%.

Three wins?? The defense alone is good for six. See 2003. There is no doubt that there will be a learning curve for JP. How quickly he picks up on it will likely be the difference in making or missing the playoffs in '05. Call me crazy, but I'd also like to see how free agency, the draft, mini camps, training camp, and preseason go before condemning or praising this team. For the record, color me "cautiously optimistic".

253583[/snapback]

I agree that 6 wins is the worst case scenario.

I just think the most realistic "best case scenario" is 9 wins (with 8 being the most likely)...still putting them shy of the playoffs.

Hopefully I am wrong. It's happened many times before :w00t:

Exactly. Look what Drew did in 3 of the biggest games of the year (Pats, at Ravens, Steelers): each one he gave up a critical, game-turning/game-ending turnover that was returned for a TD. :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:

That doesn't show up in 76.6 rating 20 TD 16 INT 56.9 comp%

253075[/snapback]

Totally agreed, my feeling exactly. Drew was a game killer...

Oh, the Irony! The "Curse of Drew Bledsoe. "

For those too tired to click:

"Is Drew Bledsoe the next Babe Ruth? During the draft, the New England Patriots dealt Drew Bledsoe to division rival Buffalo. The Pats think the bludgeoning Bledsoe took in New England—100 sacks in his last two years as a starter—eroded his skills and that second-year man Tom Brady is the logical starter. But the Boston Globe's Ron Borges counters, 'In Brady's first five games as an NFL starter he threw seven touchdowns, four interceptions, and was sacked 10 times. In the next four starts he threw nine touchdowns, three interceptions, and was sacked 16 times. In his third set of four starts he threw one touchdown, three interceptions, and was sacked 14 times. And in his final four starts of the year (three of them playoff games that his team won), he threw two touchdowns, three interceptions, and was sacked six times.' In other words, as the sacks piled up and the competition got stiffer, Brady's performance tailed off."

Looks like JIM and the WNYDBFC are right. We all know how Brady worked out, so we're obviously doomed with JP.

I don't care if the Bills have a worse record than Dallas next year and Drew lights it up for the Cowgirls. He's gone. He's a washed-up loser in my book and I'm glad to have him off the team.

At the rate Drew was going here, we'd be in the playoffs by 2010.

It still may take till then for JP to get us there, but at least we won't be forced to witness the incessant brain farts of a 12+ year veteran QB. God, it was more like diarrhea. Disgusting.

Here's another old article about JP

Donohoe bet the farm on Greg Williams and Rob Johnson and now.....

No way can JP be groomed before the nucleus of this team is disbanded. Mark these words The whole "small market" franchise is in jeopardy and riding on the hopes of a raw not very bright college kid with all the "physical skills." :D

252393[/snapback]

Hey, you just keep plugging away until you hit a home run. You dont trade into the 1st to draft a QB and then not give him the reigns. Sorry, thats a waste of a pick. But, you probably felt that way about them drafting a 1st round QB anyway so this is a moot point where you are just continuing to vent your frustration with them getting JP.

Ohh well, doesnt matter, hes here, hes starting, so you will just have to deal.

Oh, the Irony! The "Curse of Drew Bledsoe. "

For those too tired to click:

"Is Drew Bledsoe the next Babe Ruth? During the draft, the New England Patriots dealt Drew Bledsoe to division rival Buffalo. The Pats think the bludgeoning Bledsoe took in New England—100 sacks in his last two years as a starter—eroded his skills and that second-year man Tom Brady is the logical starter. But the Boston Globe's Ron Borges counters, 'In Brady's first five games as an NFL starter he threw seven touchdowns, four interceptions, and was sacked 10 times. In the next four starts he threw nine touchdowns, three interceptions, and was sacked 16 times. In his third set of four starts he threw one touchdown, three interceptions, and was sacked 14 times. And in his final four starts of the year (three of them playoff games that his team won), he threw two touchdowns, three interceptions, and was sacked six times.' In other words, as the sacks piled up and the competition got stiffer, Brady's performance tailed off."

Looks like JIM and the WNYDBFC are right. We all know how Brady worked out, so we're obviously doomed with JP.

I don't care if the Bills have a worse record than Dallas next year and Drew lights it up for the Cowgirls. He's gone. He's a washed-up loser in my book and I'm glad to have him off the team.

At the rate Drew was going here, we'd be in the playoffs by 2010.

It still may take till then for JP to get us there, but at least we won't be forced to witness the incessant brain farts of a 12+ year veteran QB. God, it was more like diarrhea. Disgusting.

253710[/snapback]

Something tells me that JP will be a HELLUVA lot more fun and exciting to watch than Bledsoe, too.

:D

JP could very well do much worse than Drew. And if history is any guide, the odds are he WILL do worse than Drew. Here's a comparison:

Drew's numbers in 2004

76.6 rating 20 TD 16 INT 56.9 comp%

Compare that to some of the more prominent first year QBs over the years. Broken into catagories: Really bad, Slightly Worse than Drew, Better than Drew

REALLY BAD

Carr

62.8  9TD  15INT  52.5%

Kyle Boller

62.4  7TD  9INT  51.8 (*Made playoffs)

Harrington

59.9  12TD  16INT  50.1%

Eli Manning

55.4  6TD  9INT  48.2%

SLIGHTLY WORSE:

Ramsey

75.8  14TD 9INT 53%

Plummer

75  17TD  20INT  59%

Peyton Manning

71.2 rating 26TD 28INT 56.7%

McNair

70.4  24TD 13 INT 52%

BETTER THAN DREW

Big Ben

98.1  17TD   11INT  66% (*Playoffs)

Culpepper

98  33TD  16INT  62.7% (*Playoffs)

Vick

81.6  16TD  8INT  54.9 (*Playoffs)

Palmer

77.3  18TD  18INT  60.9

-------------------------------

Take a look at the "Better list": Culpepper sat for 2 years before stepping on the field, he was seasoned and ready to take over. Vick was great, but let's face it...JP is NOT Mike Vick (for better and worse).

A lot of people want to compare JP's situation to Big Ben's but that isn't really fair. The Bills are not as good as Pittsburgh. Their line, their running game and their Defense are all worse. So to expect JP to be like Big Ben is not realistic.

Of all the QBs on the "better list", Palmer may be the best example. Cincy and Buffalo look very similar (Great running game and WRs, good defenses, on the cusp of the playoffs). I think at best you can expect JP to match Palmer's numbers, but that may even be a stretch considering Palmer was a heisman winner and MUCH more polished coming out of school than JP was...

As bad as Drew was this year (and he was bad), it's assanine to believe JP can't possibly do worse than Drew. History just doesn't show this to be true. Does this mean I think JP will be a bust? No. But I am prepared for a long learning curve.

The Bills D and ST are good enough to win a few games, but there is no way the Bills can win 10 games UNLESS JP beats the odds and plays better than the majority of First Year starters do. And unless the Bills win 10 games, they won't be in the playoffs.

253046[/snapback]

Doesn't seem fair not to include fumbles lost and sacks taken when your considering Drew.

Other than to relieve boredom, why would anyone want to take a stab at predicting records for next year before the draft and before the start of free agency? The complexion of all teams are far from complete at this point.

I wouldn't even venture a guess until May (I hope I can live up to that pledge).

Other than to relieve boredom, why would anyone want to take a stab at predicting records for next year before the draft and before the start of free agency?  The complexion of all teams are far from complete at this point. 

I wouldn't even venture a guess until May (I hope I can live up to that pledge).

253888[/snapback]

One can guess at the moves to be made.

Obviously a LT has to be signed. LG while important can be overlooked and is less important. We probably are assuming few if any real changes on Defense. The only real impact changes left are whether we get a TE and or a better 3rd down WR.

Overall these may or may not have any real impacts, and it is tough to predeict injuries at any point. So other then a few positions the Bills are reletively set next year. Those positions will realistically only have a 1 or 2 game impact either way on the team.

man if you're right, we should just rely on online scouting reports to build our team. I mean, Ryan Leaf might still be available sitting at home somewhere, I heard he was so good he got picked 1st in the draft. How can you possibly argue with that. Oh, and that Brady kid in NE, he's never gonna make it, not even a tope 5 rd pick in my opinion after reading the notes on him.

Other than to relieve boredom, why would anyone want to take a stab at predicting records for next year before the draft and before the start of free agency?  The complexion of all teams are far from complete at this point. 

253888[/snapback]

Because all the WNYDBFC members that say it wasn't Drew's but everybody else's fault now mean that it's got to be JP's fault.

Clear?

Hey, I wish Drew and her Tuna husband success on their second marriage and that their menage a trois with Jerry Jones gets them to the SuperBowl next year where Drew gets to face our D.

That's my fantasy. Sniffing Drew's jock seems to be that of some others.

this team would have regressed with Drew at QB.

No way does JP put up worse production in 2005 than Drew did in 2004.

252456[/snapback]

I agree with you IF he stays (less than 3 missed starts) healthy. My biggest concerns with JP for the short term and long term are his ability to stay healthy and make good decisions. Actually bu doing the second, it helps reach the goal for the first. Definitely where he will make it or break it...

this team would have regressed with Drew at QB.

No way does JP put up worse production in 2005 than Drew did in 2004.

252456[/snapback]

I agree with you IF he stays (less than 3 missed starts) healthy. My biggest concerns with JP for the short term and long term are his ability to stay healthy and make good decisions. Actually bu doing the second, it helps reach the goal for the first. Definitely where he will make it or break it...