Donohoe's Ego Bites Him Again with JP

JohninMinn.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's another old article about JP

Donohoe bet the farm on Greg Williams and Rob Johnson and now.....

No way can JP be groomed before the nucleus of this team is disbanded. Mark these words The whole "small market" franchise is in jeopardy and riding on the hopes of a raw not very bright college kid with all the "physical skills." :flirt:

252393[/snapback]

Why so negative? Why not predict a PERFECT season...0-16!!

PTR

How about Montreal? That's closer to me.

Sure, although I'm not sure how well the French would take to something American.

I don't know how somebody can honestly say that "Donohoe's Ego" has gotten us in trouble again. We haven't even started training camp yet, let alone played a single down. Lets wait and see what happens this season before we start saying we're going to be picking in the top 5 of the draft next year or we're going to the Super Bowl for that matter. It's almost like there's a contest to see who can be the first one to say I said Losman was going to suck and he did! They drafted the guy to play, not hold a clipboard. Considering we didn't make the playoffs with Bledsoe, we can lose with him and we can lose without him. Bledsoe is gone, Losman is the starter...build a bridge and get over it already.

i disagree. teams that do well with rookie qbs - do it for 3 reasons.

1. the qb is talented. rothelsburge is a money player with all the tool. carson palmer looks the part.

2. a team must have a GREAT pk. rookie qbs can move the ball - but not in the red zone where the field shortens and thems don't play the soft zones or the cover 2 anymore. a great pk can make the difference. 3 point is 3 points.

3. a rookie qb needs a tough def that can get him the ball, create turnovers and win the field position battle.

if jp has these things we can win 10 or 11 - as willis can carry a team.

Sure, although I'm not sure how well the French would take to something American.

I don't know how somebody can honestly say that "Donohoe's Ego" has gotten us in trouble again. We haven't even started training camp yet, let alone played a single down. Lets wait and see what happens this season before we start saying we're going to be picking in the top 5 of the draft next year or we're going to the Super Bowl for that matter. It's almost like there's a contest to see who can be the first one to say I said Losman was going to suck and he did!  They drafted the guy to play, not hold a clipboard. Considering we didn't make the playoffs with Bledsoe, we can lose with him and we can lose without him. Bledsoe is gone, Losman is the starter...build a bridge and get over it already.

252868[/snapback]

Agreed.

Here's another old article about JP

Donohoe bet the farm on Greg Williams and Rob Johnson and now.....

No way can JP be groomed before the nucleus of this team is disbanded. Mark these words The whole "small market" franchise is in jeopardy and riding on the hopes of a raw not very bright college kid with all the "physical skills." :flirt:

252393[/snapback]

You related to Rudy?

DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMED!

Funny how Donahoe's "ego" has turned into a blame-all for some people. Many claimed it was his "ego" that made him trade for Bledsoe. Then it was his "ego" that made him resign Bledsoe last year. Now it's Donahoe's ego that cut Bledsoe.

Instead of just recognizing Donahoe as a GM who is genuinely trying to improve his team, some people insist on personalizing his decisions. It seems to be an inane exercise.

Maybe we should exhume George Allen for HC, and hire Bobby Bethard as GM and stop bothering with that silly 'ol draft.

252912[/snapback]

I miss the OTH gang. Imagine Kilmer throwing in the wind at OP in December? Brutal.

Beathard sure did a bad job in SD after being pretty smart in DC. Weird.

This is just another post by an idiot who doesn't get it.

this isn't about donahoe and his ego, you dolt.

donahoe didn't do the scouting on JP. Sam Wyche did. Donahoe didn't decide that Mularkey needed a mobile qb to run his offense. Mularkey did.

TD facilitated these things. He got it done. It was not HIS research. It was not HIS baby. It was his final decision. Modrak had more to do with the research.

Idiots love to talk about TD and his "ego" when he has less ego in this job than most GMs in the business. He removes himself from all talk of credit and shows up when fingers are being pointed.

Grow up. Or better yet, WISE up.

This is just another post by an idiot who doesn't get it.

this isn't about donahoe and his ego, you dolt.

donahoe didn't do the scouting on JP. Sam Wyche did. Donahoe didn't decide that Mularkey needed a mobile qb to run his offense. Mularkey did.

TD facilitated these things. He got it done. It was not HIS research. It was not HIS baby. It was his final decision. Modrak had more to do with the research.

Idiots love to talk about TD and his "ego" when he has less ego in this job than most GMs in the business. He removes himself from all talk of credit and shows up when fingers are being pointed.

Grow up. Or better yet, WISE up.

252917[/snapback]

Good post!

I miss the OTH gang.  Imagine Kilmer throwing in the wind at OP in December?  Brutal.

Beathard sure did a bad job in SD after being pretty smart in DC.  Weird.

252914[/snapback]

Yep. Allen's Redskins teams were tough customers. IIRC, he was credited with uttering the phrase, "The Future is Now".

I think he stole part of that from Drew Boylhart. I dont like to post it...because I think JP

is gonna do fine...but here's the negative article.

http://www.thehuddlereport.com/archive/200...es/JPLosman.htm

252397[/snapback]

The Huddle Report was fond of Ben R. too. But, it's posted on the internet, so people will take it as gospel, I guess.