What's Cardale Jones up to?

Commish

I thought the Bills had the option to rescind after this season. A prove it season. Maybe i am mixed up though.

Do not want to find out Cardale is not ready when he is NOT ready. Let them show him when Bills think it is time to get him on the field. If that is sooner than my opinions so be it :thumbsup:

They can rescind it...by cutting him. In which case he's gone.

And if Cardale isn't ready, he's not ready. He's still under contract for 3 more years and there's no need to cut him. It just means the Bills need to find a new starter.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Numbers, film. Workouts. Not some ambiguous, unquantifiable it factor.

But isn't always about "potential" ? The transition to the NFL will claim its victims a plenty.

GMs and Coaches are always, and i mean always taking a gamble when drafting players.

QB is nearly impossible. And even teams need to be accommodate wht that said QB can bring to the table. Those that will have nothing less than Tom Brady will forever be unhappy.

Let Tyrod do what he does.

and i do think he has an It factor. He is a gamer for sure . But can he get it done? Of that I am not sure ,...yet.

They can rescind it...by cutting him. In which case he's gone.

And if Cardale isn't ready, he's not ready. He's still under contract for 3 more years and there's no need to cut him. It just means the Bills need to find a new starter.

I thought they did not need to cut him, they just do not sign him and contract talk begins all over. If he does not live up to it, and he has not IMO , Bills need to figure out the best path. Like i said before, My opinion will change about Jones after this seasons end.

I don't accept mediocrity. So sue me.

and yet you remain a BIlls fan ?

:nana:

Your right Cardales gonna be a ten time superbowl champ whose gonna be the first qb to break the 100000 yard mark for his career. With a first time ever 100 td to 1int ratio. Fifteen yards per attempt. 1500 yards rushing per season. 60 tds average passing a season and 20 tds rushing. Hell also be the first ever fifteen time MVP. Does that work better in your delisional world. Been enjoying those 17 consecutive superbowls the Bills just won. bet your really enjoying the 10000 yard, 100 td pace tyrod is on this year. that 150 yard td run he had against the patriots last week was probably the most exciting play in the bills 72-0 victory. great to be 8-0 this year with an average margin of victory of 95 pts. Which actually makes the 72-0 against the Pats a bit disappointing.Thought they should have put up at least 100 against them. And if you think I literally meant 1000 draft picks your not very bright.

Did you forget to take your medication?

There is only one thing potentially wrong with Jones and his future with the Bills. People here are pointing to 2018 as his potential coming out party. Hopefully those folks are right, but, if this organization simply sits and waits on the QB position that will be a colossal blunder. They need to turn over every rock between now and 2018. Draft & FA need to address the position. Most importantly the organization needs to realize that they must overvalue the position. If they like a guy in the second they better be prepared to take him late first. Give a qb a 3rd round grade you better be prepared to take him in the second. This organization has for too long stood back and waited for a qb to come to them...that doesn't work. See your guy...go get your guy or else you'll lose out.

Yep. I agree with that. Cardale should not preclude drafting another. I am not sure about this QB class though... which is why I have advocated getting out from under Tyrod's contract picking up a cheaper vet game manager and using the cash elsewhere. 2017 QB class feels a bit like the 2013 class to me and I don't think forcing a pick if a guy isn't there is the wise course.

What about Cardale Jones was so intriguing to Whaley, needed to draft? He's a bigger version of Tyrod Taylor looking at the pre-draft scouting.

He is not like Tyrod Taylor.

Whaley seems to like the "physically talented" types, but Id much rather have a QB who lacks the physical talent but can read a defense quickly.

We heard the same about EJ. "Has all the talent in the world physically". He lacks the decisiveness necessary to be a successful NFL QB.

All you have to do is watch Derek Carr to see what a real QB looks like. If your guy doesn't look like that after a season, cut him and try another.

All you have to do is watch Derek Carr to see what a real QB looks like. If your guy doesn't look like that after a season, cut him and try another.

Was that player expected to become as good as he has become? Did the Coaching staff stick him a couple years when he was not looking so good ?

I am standing firm in the " it takes years to develop a QB within a system "

Sure there are anomalies , but they are few and far between. They are sometimes called , "elite"

I am going to stick with TT and Rex and Whaley till something better becomes self evident

To be fair Carr didn't look like that immediately. I generally think two years is when you know. If they are not showing progress year 1 to year 2 they are not your guy.

To be fair Carr didn't look like that immediately. I generally think two years is when you know. If they are not showing progress year 1 to year 2 they are not your guy.

I was thinking 3. But circumstances can be so varied. I do think by the end of this season we will know what we have in Tyrod. I refuse to draw a line till then. It is only fair to him and Lynn imho.

Jones is the best developmental project there is. Incredible upside but he needs a lot of work. He should never prevent from drafting another qb this year.

And the "it" thing is insanely dumb. People were saying Jones had "it" against 5th string players in the preseason. Jones didn't have "it" when he was throwing multiple ints against MAC teams. Dude needs a lot of work but it is a good project.

Jones is the best developmental project there is. Incredible upside but he needs a lot of work. He should never prevent from drafting another qb this year.

And the "it" thing is insanely dumb. People were saying Jones had "it" against 5th string players in the preseason. Jones didn't have "it" when he was throwing multiple ints against MAC teams. Dude needs a lot of work but it is a good project.

And there is no reason to stop drafting them.