NFLN Suspends Brian Baldinger over Eagles' Bounty Claim

Stupid yes but he's a commentator. It's not like he can enforce it.

An employer has to right to suspend/fire an employ if they feel that they are negatively impacting the company. NFL Network didn't like it and took actions. Not sure what the big deal is.

What an America we live in now, sigh.

agreed

He will be suspended indefinitely soon, and fired. Nonetheless, you get just as drastically provocative and incidiary remarks on other topics all the time. Especially when socially acceptable or "hip" and pushed by the media.

Edited by Boyst62

What does that mean?

probably evident if you think about it. Free speech is only free when those who permit it agree. Journalists and commentators can't commentate. Similar to that pitcher whose name I forgot who got so wrongly fired. Curt schilling, its too earl o think

probably evident if you think about it. Free speech is only free when those who permit it agree. Journalists and commentators can't commentate. Similar to that pitcher whose name I forgot who got so wrongly fired. Curt schilling, its too earl o think

Free speech does not mean free from punishment or reprimand from an employer.

Free speech does not mean free from punishment or reprimand from an employer.

did not say that. Won't say that. I hate unions. I support right to work states. But, when your job is a commentator and you can only tow the company line toeing the line is not an option.

They hired this guy to be a commentator. Someone hired Rush Limbaugh to commentate on football. Someone hired Schilling to write. Why is someone mad and sponsors threatened and the like because someone has an opinion?

Sure, what a lot of people say is something we disagree with, but if we didn't allow someone to say something than Cam Newton can't open his mouth about his feelings, Tom Brady knob gobblers can't knob gobble, Chris Klewe can't love him some Jesus, broadcasters can't insert their observations or personal beliefs in to a play or call, journalists can't do their jobs.

This guy did 100% absolutely nothing wrong and that is 100% fact. If anyone thinks they did, than they do jot understand free speech. And, of course, someone will chime in his company thought it was wrong... well,his company is a hypocritical joke for one. But, most importantly, his company is the likes of NBC, Viacom, Clear Channel, ABC, Fox, CNN, Disney, etc. and greater political and social agendas must be followed. The idea of safe spaces, the idea of kid gloves for everyone, the idea of participatoon trophies is the message these company support. They're pandering hypocrits to the massively stupid population of this country.

"Free speech"...oh, god.

did not say that. Won't say that. I hate unions. I support right to work states. But, when your job is a commentator and you can only tow the company line toeing the line is not an option.

They hired this guy to be a commentator. Someone hired Rush Limbaugh to commentate on football. Someone hired Schilling to write. Why is someone mad and sponsors threatened and the like because someone has an opinion?

Sure, what a lot of people say is something we disagree with, but if we didn't allow someone to say something than Cam Newton can't open his mouth about his feelings, Tom Brady knob gobblers can't knob gobble, Chris Klewe can't love him some Jesus, broadcasters can't insert their observations or personal beliefs in to a play or call, journalists can't do their jobs.

This guy did 100% absolutely nothing wrong and that is 100% fact. If anyone thinks they did, than they do jot understand free speech. And, of course, someone will chime in his company thought it was wrong... well,his company is a hypocritical joke for one. But, most importantly, his company is the likes of NBC, Viacom, Clear Channel, ABC, Fox, CNN, Disney, etc. and greater political and social agendas must be followed. The idea of safe spaces, the idea of kid gloves for everyone, the idea of participatoon trophies is the message these company support. They're pandering hypocrits to the massively stupid population of this country.

My bad, I misunderstood your initial post, I think I get where you're coming from now. Thanks for clarifying.

My bad, I misunderstood your initial post, I think I get where you're coming from now. Thanks for clarifying.

free speech has not been free in 5-10 years; corporate america has done what it does to everything - been corrupted by the minority groups of safe spacers/agitators/corrupt/government/hate groups/Evangelists/ bronies