Seriously. Who expected us to win yesterday? Seriously.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Honest question. What is it about the Pats? How does a team continue to be the best team every year for 16 years, able to go on a tear whenever they feel

victimized (talk about delusional with the treatment they get from the refs), able to go 11-5 and 3-1 without Brady, etc.?

Plenty of other teams have had a HOF coach and HOF QB before, there are teams who had 8-10 HOFs all playing at the same time, but no one in the modern era has been able to maintain it for16 years. Most great teams couldn't even manage it for a decade in a pre-FA era? So how do the Pats continue to do it?

Is it really just the greatest coach, QB, and organization ever? Or is it something else? Cheating, HGH, steroids, always getting the calls? What?

I know I just sound like a bitter fan of a rival team, but honestly it is hard to fathom. Injuries don't seem to bother them, losing great players---no problem, they just fill in with another guy and all of a sudden he's all Pro. Other teams with great QBs and excellent coaching go up and down from year to year: New Orleans, Pittsburgh, Green Bay, etc. But the Pats have 11-13 wins and are contending for the Super Bowl every year.

Just curious what you all think. Are they just the greatest footballers ever or do you think something else is afoot?

Honest question. What is it about the Pats? How does a team continue to be the best team every year for 16 years, able to go on a tear whenever they feel

victimized (talk about delusional with the treatment they get from the refs), able to go 11-5 and 3-1 without Brady, etc.?

Plenty of other teams have had a HOF coach and HOF QB before, there are teams who had 8-10 HOFs all playing at the same time, but no one in the modern era has been able to maintain it for16 years. Most great teams couldn't even manage it for a decade in a pre-FA era? So how do the Pats continue to do it?

Is it really just the greatest coach, QB, and organization ever? Or is it something else? Cheating, HGH, steroids, always getting the calls? What?

I know I just sound like a bitter fan of a rival team, but honestly it is hard to fathom. Injuries don't seem to bother them, losing great players---no problem, they just fill in with another guy and all of a sudden he's all Pro. Other teams with great QBs and excellent coaching go up and down from year to year: New Orleans, Pittsburgh, Green Bay, etc. But the Pats have 11-13 wins and are contending for the Super Bowl every year.

Just curious what you all think. Are they just the greatest footballers ever or do you think something else is afoot?

I think it's a perfect storm of all of these variables. Bill B. is probably the best coach of all time. Brady is the best QB of all time, or tied with a few others like Joe Montana as the best ever.

They clearly have a smart, very well run organization that makes shrewd moves at the right time with great scouting for what they need.

They have a culture of winning and disciplined structure which newcomers seemingly want to partake in. They tend to ignore dumb/hot shot players in exchange for smart, lower key players.

On top of this they have a demonstrated culture of cheating and clearly look to push the rule book to--and beyond--the edge everywhere they can.

You add it all up and they are just very, very good, year in and year out.

Kraft sold his soul. Fact.

I honestly didn't think we played all that poorly. We sacked that bastard a few times, which was good. Usually we never get to him.

We had some blown coverages, and a lot of penalties (more than deserved, especially the offensive pass interference on #85) and a few dropped passes. But Brady is going to carve up every team he plays. At one point we had #51 covering Gronk. WTH!!

We had no shady and a bunch of second rate wideouts strolling around out there. And every time one of our wideouts got hit, he/she seemed to have to go to the locker room, presumably for a bra adjustment.

The Pats are healthy and firing on all cylinders with the goat at QB. We should have gotten our butts kicked. And we did.....

Who expected us to win? Who?

At least we have an extra day to get healthy, and if anybody is questionable, give them the night off. I think we can beat Seattle next week with the team that played yesterday. I think we'll give them all they can handle. If giving Shady an extra week gets him ready for the stretch run, let's do it.

not me. did not even watch the game. why take the pain? they are loaded and will take the SB this year, our best players all injured. the result was inevitable. and yes, sit anyone who is less than 90% for the Seattle game, as that's probably an L as well. without shady at 100%, we have no real chance. Karlos Williams fattening up llke a TGiving turkey really hurting us this year.

I think in NE they run the football team like fortune500 business.

There is accountability throughout the entire organization... the ENTIRE organization. Every coach, player, scout, administrative personnel has clear expectations. I feel like other teams hire 'football' guys who; sure they may know the game well, but in NE they fill their organization at all levels with people who have that corporate style mentality.

In reality there is no difference between how successful football organization vs any other successful business.

Talent is talent.... every NFL roster is filled with it which is why on any given Sunday, for the most part anybody can beat anybody.