Cam Newton is a crybaby

Hey, no worries.

It's not just Cam, but its not across the board either. Cam is just the most visible and vocal of the group of "victims".

Tyrod doesnt get the calls either. As evidenced by that huge late hit early in the game yesterday, no flag. Even Fouts was screaming about it.

If you're young and mobile, it's open season.

More evidence that the league only put those rules in to protect its Golden Boys.

But they are super concerned about player safety and stuff................

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, no worries.

It's not just Cam, but its not across the board either. Cam is just the most visible and vocal of the group of "victims".

Tyrod doesnt get the calls either. As evidenced by that huge late hit early in the game yesterday, no flag. Even Fouts was screaming about it.

If you're young and mobile, it's open season.

More evidence that the league only put those rules in to protect its Golden Boys.

Who are the Golden Boys though?

The rules on hits to a QB who is in the pocket are different than the rules for QB's that are no longer in the pocket and are running outside of the pocket.

So yeh, the hits vs a mobile QB are going to be worse b/c defenders can do more when a QB is outside the pocket.

Who are the Golden Boys though?

The rules on hits to a QB who is in the pocket are different than the rules for QB's that are no longer in the pocket and are running outside of the pocket.

So yeh, the hits vs a mobile QB are going to be worse b/c defenders can do more when a QB is outside the pocket.

IfBrady took those helmet shots while running like Cam did against Denver, there would be a suspension.

I heard on the LeBatard Show this morning that Cam hasn't had a roughing the passer flag thrown for him in the last two seasons. Cannot confirm it's true but I tend to believe that show. Anyways, Cam does have a legitimate complaint. He's not complaining about the rules being the way they are, just about the blatant inconsistency that the refs have displayed. It definitely should be a topic for discussion and I don't believe calling Newton a crybaby is fair in this instance.

Edited by Marcellosaurus

IfBrady took those helmet shots while running like Cam did against Denver, there would be a suspension.

Brady never runs so I dont know.

Whats the point to overly protect Drew Brees who is a couple of years from retirement but to blindly ignore hits on a current and future NFL star? There is no logical explanation to say Cam is targeted by refs.

I heard on the LeBatard Show this morning that Cam hasn't had a roughing the passer flag thrown for him in the last two seasons. Cannot confirm it's true but I tend to believe that show. Anyways, Cam does have a legitimate complaint. He's not complaining about the rules being the way they are, just about the blatant inconsistency that the refs have displayed. It definitely should be a topic for discussion and I don't believe calling Newton a crybaby is fair in this instance.

But he "has an arrogant smile" so some people don't like him.

(Hint: "has an arrogant smile" is code for something else)

I can't stand Cam but he is getting destroyed and not getting the same treatment that Brady, Brees, etc get. He has a valid point.

I still hate the dude.

He's been getting helmet to helmet hits all year that don't get called. Love him or hate him, I wish he played for us. And he's not wasting his life away on bong hits like the dude we got two picks later.

Brady never runs so I dont know.

Whats the point to overly protect Drew Brees who is a couple of years from retirement but to blindly ignore hits on a current and future NFL star? There is no logical explanation to say Cam is targeted by refs.

All the more maddening.

And its not that he is targeted by the refs. Just the opposite. He is ignored by the refs.

Again, you'll have to ask the NFL and the refs why. No one here knows why they do it, but it's obvious to everyone with a set of eyeballs that they are.

Is it possible to have one ref that has a specific gripe vs Cam and will refuse to throw a flag? Sure that could happen. But to say that Cam systematically gets hits against him ignored, directly implies a league-wide conspiracy. No one cant argue that without implying a conspiracy. Its a slippery slope.

All the more maddening.

And its not that he is targeted by the refs. Just the opposite. He is ignored by the refs.

Again, you'll have to ask the NFL and the refs why. No one here knows why they do it, but it's obvious to everyone with a set of eyeballs that they are.

Sorry. In this case i meant targeted in that refs are specifically looking the other way. Poor use of wording by me.

Boo Hoo, I'm telling Roger that players are mean and don't like me and it is just not fun or safe for ME to play :cry::cry::cry: .

cam-newton-0207162-getty-ftr-usjpg_1xxjo

Yea you would just stay quiet after taking this hit with no flag thrown. Lucky he's not hurt again. Cam's 100% right

http://m.panthers.com/media-vault/videos/Cam-Newton-gets-hit-dangerously-low/c0815a82-36ba-40e4-a436-db03e8732acb

Edited by Ryan L Billz

Is it possible to have one ref that has a specific gripe vs Cam and will refuse to throw a flag? Sure that could happen. But to say that Cam systematically gets hits against him ignored, directly implies a league-wide conspiracy. No one cant argue that without implying a conspiracy. Its a slippery slope.

Sorry. In this case i meant targeted in that refs are specifically looking the other way. Poor use of wording by me.

Yeah man, I wasnt trying to argue semantics. I only clarified as a point of emphasis. It's not that the refs need to be conspiring against him, they simply arent doing their job. It's like they become "hit blind" when it comes to Cam. "Oh, he's young and huge and athletic. He can take it. The rules are only meant to protect the old statues."

And more than one ref sees it this way.

Same thing for Taylor.

I think what this comes down to is, the NFL was so over the top with protecting those aging statues that when they dont protect the young guys, who are supposed to be equals, its that much more obvious.

Edited by DrDareustein

Yeah man, I wasnt trying to argue semantics. I only clarified as a point of emphasis. It's not that the refs need to be conspiring against him, they simply arent doing their job. It's like they become "hit blind" when it comes to Cam. "Oh, he's young and huge and athletic. He can take it. The rules are only meant to protect the old statues."

And more than one ref sees it this way.

Same thing for Taylor.

I think what this comes down to is, the NFL was so over the top with protecting those aging statues that when they dont protect the young guys, who are supposed to be equals, its that much more obvious.

I can see how someone like Cam who is so big and strong for a QB to not get a call his way after taking a hit bc he doesnt flop as often for example. Sometimes these less athletic QBs get touched and go flying backwards leading to a much more dramatic looking hit and possibly influencing a ref to throw a flag just bc it looked worse. Is it fair? I would say its not fair. Its almost as if its a curse for Cam to be his size and be able to take hits. I just dont know how much of the lack of flag throwing is attributed to refs having an agenda.

Would you say a player like Russel Wilson doesnt get calls either? Andrew luck is a big guy too who scrambles a lot. I feel that hes getting killed every other game.

One day Luck may literally die on the field at the rate hes going.

I remember years ago being annoyed that the Bills beat the Panthers in an ugly, meaningless game that affected the draft order and put Carolina into position to draft him instead of us. Suffice to say that I am no longer bothered by that after watching Cam being a ginormous front-running pvssy for the last 5 years.

Quitcher cryin Cameron

Edited by Simon

Refs know how to protect certain star players. QBs are the most obvious, but other positions get it too. Just watch Antonio Brown repeatedly push off on his routes. Never a flag. Now have Robert Woods try that.

I agree. But its undeniable that Cam is a star. So by that logic, why wouldnt the NFL protect him? Cam is implying that the NFL is not protecting him the same way others are protected.

I remember years ago being annoyed that the Bills beat the Panthers in an ugly, meaningless game that affected the draft order and put Carolina into position to draft him instead of us. Suffice to say that I am no longer bothered by that after watching Cam being a ginormous front-running pvssy for the last 5 years.

Quitcher cryin Cameron

Very interesting article. To me it comes down to this: if a player like Cam is going to vocally complain about not getting calls people are going to start looking at every play where he gets hit and question whether or not he should get flagged. Players that dont vocalize their complaints dont go under the microscope. Everytime Cam gets hit now whats the first thing people want to know? They want to know if it was flag worthy. It becomes an event.

Cam needs to realize the NFL has much to lose and nothing to gain by having him injured. Refs arent out to get him. It defies logic.

Very interesting article. To me it comes down to this: if a player like Cam is going to vocally complain about not getting calls people are going to start looking at every play where he gets hit and question whether or not he should get flagged. Players that dont vocalize their complaints dont go under the microscope. Everytime Cam gets hit now whats the first thing people want to know? They want to know if it was flag worthy. It becomes an event.

That's a very good point; and I would think that having a microscope placed upon him is not something that is likely to pay dividends for Cam Newton.