I cant believe im backing him but...

The Bills were actually pretty good against the run because Blount had 18 carries for 43 yards, which was a pretty bad 2.4 yard per carry average!

Why run it when you have Tom Brady (GOAT) at QB. He was like a surgeon most of the game and it looked like he relished carving up Rex Ryan's secondary.

they didnt set up the run. I could have seen them run much better

Wrong! How about skill position players dropping passes, how about the play calling? The Bush call at the goalline was exactly that-bush! How about not sticking to a running game that was working? The overall defense and lack of communication. And yes it is a problem they have a ton of injuries.

Not as simple as is being made out to be as Taylor and Gilmore/Safeties.

4 drops going into Sunday

Back to blaming OC again i see

Not blaming Taylor for the loss. Defense played poorly in all 3 AFC East games. Not a good omen. 4-1 vs the rest of the league.

yet there is no 19-page thread about how poorly the defense has played against the Jets, Dolphins and now the Patriots. WTH is happening with all that talent on the defense that it doesn't equate to better play?

Almost 500 yards of offense given up to the Jets with Fitz throwing for 375 in a loss.

An unknown Miami RB rushes for 214 yards in a loss.

Tom Brady throws for 375 yards and 4 TD's in a loss.

1-3 in the division and with the defense 23rd overall in yards, 18th against the pass, 26th against the run. It's like all those Jets coaches that game planned against the AFC East so well last year are falling on their faces this year :blink:

Per the norm, finally now, everyones piling on Tyrod....not me.

It has been me in the past, but even after a huge beating yesterday, and in Miami, I am seeing alot of improvement in Tightwads game.

Two sundays in a row now he has used the middle of the field. He threw alot of nice passes, seam type passes, yesterday for first downs, the kind of which he has never thrown in 1.5 seasons. He has started to run up the middle more as well. When he REALLY wants a first, he will take off up the middle and makes it look so easy. The problem has been his penchant for always scrambling sideways, and getting 5-6 yards on third and 7's. Many a game was lost last year do to scrambles up the sideline when the middle was wide open.

If you think he played bad because of the score yesterday, he didnt. Youre wrong and thats that. His numbers yesterday were the same as always but should have been even better. To start I blame the missed FG giving NE time to get a lucky FG, thereby causing the score to be so lopsided we were forced to go for it every time and press. With no wide receivers thats hard to do. I also blame Clay for never making a tough catch. I also blame a crap defense, (mainly gilmore) and I also blame not having McCoy.

With these 5 contributing factors we got trounced. But tightwad was not one. He actually played well considering AND THIS IS COMING FROM ME!

Stay positive Bills fans, Tyrod may be turning the corner and when we get goodwin mccoy and woods back (and dont play new england) we will be much more competitive. In any case until we draft someone at qb, he is the best option we could hope for and can definitely get us some wins.

Any explanation for the 8 or 9 misses or off-target throws?

Really? And what would give you that idea?

I'm far from anti TT...But come on...He is who he is...Would he be better with more weapons? Yes...Would he be good enough to get the Bills where they need to go? I think the evidence is pretty clear on that one... B-)

Really!? You don't see TT turning that corner?

It leads into a dead-end alley, mind you, but that corner is coming! :lol:

And I like Tyrod too, for the record, but he's not good enough.

But but these WR suck they are the problem

Well, there are, in fact, many times when the WRs aren't getting open quickly enough, but there are just as many times that they are indeed creating separation early on in their routes and he either (a) doesn't see it, or (b) doesn't trust it enough to make the throw early.

When did the playing well part occur ?

How many passes were just beyond the fingertips of recievers?

The passing game is all about timing that comes with reps. Tyrod has had a different receiving core almost every game this year. Not to mention that an injured WR will not run routes to the same precision and will throw timing off further.

Edited by Jobot

How many passes were just beyond the fingertips of recievers?

The passing game is all about timing that comes with reps. Tyrod has had a different receiving core almost every game this year. Not to mention that an injured WR will not run routes to the same precision and will throw timing off further.

Excuse and all those airmailed balls sunday were just off fingertipes lol

But but these WR suck they are the problem

Let me just say this....if someone has to explain to you why Tyrod doesn't throw that ball to the slant receiver, then ....well whatever...

At least pick a good example of Tyrod screwing up. That one is not even close to a good example. If you want to argue it is, you are just seeing whatever you want to see without being objective....

There are way better plays to choose from to make a point on. Complete lack of objectivity on display.

Let me just say this....if someone has to explain to you why Tyrod doesn't throw that ball to the slant receiver, then ....well whatever...

At least pick a good example of Tyrod screwing up. That one is not even close to a good example. If you want to argue it is, you are just seeing whatever you want to see without being objective....

There are way better plays to choose from to make a point on. Complete lack of objectivity on display.

Or it was just one of many examples where the ball didn't get to where it needed to go. It's not a lack of objectivity, and I noticed that you didn't comment on the other link I provided in this very thread. Sure, pressure up the middle, but the ball needs to get out quickly in the red zone; that's football 101. Powell had made his break and was clearly open before the rush got there. That's the very problem I've said is killing Tyrod's game right now: he isn't throwing with anticipation. Better pre and post-snap reads would've resulted in a TD.

If anyone is cherry-picking, it's you.

The evidence is there. He's missing a lot of plays.

Want a few more examples?

https://twitter.com/YardsPerPass/status/793488637363093504

https://twitter.com/YardsPerPass/status/793464311662407680

Got it you cant explain it too me... I can tell you why he doesn't. I would like for you to explain it though since you infer you know why. So go ahead

Or it was just one of many examples where the ball didn't get to where it needed to go. It's not a lack of objectivity, and I noticed that you didn't comment on the other link I provided in this very thread. Sure, pressure up the middle, but the ball needs to get out quickly in the red zone; that's football 101. Powell had made his break and was clearly open before the rush got there. That's the very problem I've said is killing Tyrod's game right now: he isn't throwing with anticipation. Better pre and post-snap reads would've resulted in a TD.

I didn't call you out on the second one because I didn't see an issue with it. Like I said, if you want to make a point - at least make the effort to choose a play that actually makes that point. The one you brought up sure as hell didn't. That's all.

Can't just admit it was a poor example and move on huh? Okay. No prob. I get it. enough said.

Definitely think the emphasis is on the pre-snap reads since we know he is determining his progression at the line based on matchups.

I didn't call you out on the second one because I didn't see an issue with it. Like I said, if you want to make a point - at least make the effort to choose a play that actually makes that point. The one you brought up sure as hell didn't. That's all.

Can't just admit it was a poor example and move on huh? Okay. No prob. I get it. enough said.

It wasn't a poor example...it was a perfect example. Bad pre-snap read, bad post-snap read. There's no reason for you to take it personally (twice).

Definitely think the emphasis is on the pre-snap reads since we know he is determining his progression at the line based on matchups.

It's a big part, yeah.

It's the kind of thing that Roman was eager to limit last year. I know that most QB coaches want the QB to pare down his options to a 3-route read pre-snap; I wonder if (a) Tyrod is being coached to pare down to 2, and/or (b) he's struggling to recognize which 1 or 2 routes should be eliminated based on the defensive look.

It wasn't a poor example...it was a perfect example. Bad pre-snap read, bad post-snap read. There's no reason for you to take it personally (twice).

It's a big part, yeah.

It's the kind of thing that Roman was eager to limit last year. I know that most QB coaches want the QB to pare down his options to a 3-route read pre-snap; I wonder if (a) Tyrod is being coached to pare down to 2, and/or (b) he's struggling to recognize which 1 or 2 routes should be eliminated based on the defensive look.

I think it's mostly B, honestly. And unfortunately I think it's partly to do with a lack of experience being allowed to do it. I suspect it will improve, but the question is how quickly?

Injuries to all kinds of skill players. A horrendous offensive line that cant pass protect to save their lives, a secondary that's catagorically worthless. Yes...this is ALL on Tyrod...

Why stop with just these two ridiculous and exaggerated generalizations? Keep going.

Injuries to all kinds of skill players. A horrendous offensive line that cant pass protect to save their lives, a secondary that's catagorically worthless. Yes...this is ALL on Tyrod...

http://www.scout.com/nfl/bills/story/1671762-tyrod-taylor-had-most-time-to-pass-in-nfl

Can't find the tweet, but he's last in the NFL again so far in 2016.

He's taking longer to release the ball than any other player in the NFL. Let that sink in before you criticize the OL's pass protection.

http://www.scout.com/nfl/bills/story/1671762-tyrod-taylor-had-most-time-to-pass-in-nfl

Can't find the tweet, but he's last in the NFL again so far in 2016.

He's taking longer to release the ball than any other player in the NFL. Let that sink in before you criticize the OL's pass protection.

This was emphasized as a strength when Rodgers was playing in prime time though Bandit! Increased time to cover receivers!

This was emphasized as a strength when Rodgers was playing in prime time though Bandit! Increased time to cover receivers!

Actually, it is an advantage in terms of buying time for the WRs.

I just meant that, despite how good a scrambler Tyrod is, the fact that he can hold the ball as long as he does means the OL is doing their job. Despite playing in front of the QB that holds the ball longer than any other, they've only allowed 40 QB hits for the season, which ranks 14th in the NFL (and 10 of the teams that have allowed fewer hits have also played 1 fewer game).

Actually, it is an advantage in terms of buying time for the WRs.

I just meant that, despite how good a scrambler Tyrod is, the fact that he can hold the ball as long as he does means the OL is doing their job. Despite playing in front of the QB that holds the ball longer than any other, they've only allowed 40 QB hits for the season, which ranks 14th in the NFL (and 10 of the teams that have allowed fewer hits have also played 1 fewer game).

Out of curiosity, is the time you're referencing time in the pocket, or snap to release in general? I'd also argue that the low QB hits are partly due to Tyrod's skillset as well. In my head I see it as roughly 60/40 on whether holding the ball is a detriment to the OL or assisting them.

To add, I do not list the OL as part of what's hindering our passing game. I think they play off Tyrod as much as he plays off them, and they generally compliment each other quite well.

Edited by BuffaloHokie13

Out of curiosity, is the time you're referencing time in the pocket, or snap to release in general? I'd also argue that the low QB hits are partly due to Tyrod's skillset as well. In my head I see it as roughly 60/40 on whether holding the ball is a detriment to the OL or assisting them.

To add, I do not list the OL as part of what's hindering our passing game. I think they play off Tyrod as much as he plays off them, and they generally compliment each other quite well.

I believe it's simply snap-to-release time, so yeah, I'm sure his scrambling effects it to a degree. That's one reason that I like to cross-reference it with QB hits, because scrambling can buy time, but it often results in a higher number of QB hits. That's why guys like Wilson and Newton are always near the top of the most-hit QBs (though Wilson's injury has actually limited his QB hits a bit this year because he hasn't moved around anywhere near as much).

I agree on the second statement.