Corey Graham Post Game Interview

Fadingpain

Agree 100%

I thought the ball had been caught by that point...but still, 5-10 yards out of the end zone, he pulls up to B word at the safeties.

No, you play until the play is over. Yes, maybe the play was virtually over...but virtually over isn't over. Ask Don Beebe or Leon Lett.

I can accept getting beat fairly. I can accept making a mistake. But goddammit, don't get beat because you act like a !@#$ing amateur.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Graham went so far as to suggest most if not all of NE's big plays came as a result of defensive communication breakdowns.

He said "We are what we are...mediocre."

I liked his tone. He seemed pissed they lost, was frustrated, and wasn't afraid to call it like it is.

Who relates the plays on the field? I wouldn't be surprised to find out that AW relays the coverage to the other DBs, and his being out ends up being a major contribution to the drop in play.

This is what I think. So frustrating--this season has been totally derailed by serious injuries to many of our best players and most important ones. Healthy, with everyone on the same page, this roster could be special imo.

"Just miscommunication in coverage," Meeks said after the game. "We had two calls come in. It was pretty much just miscommunication on what we were actually in on that play."

Evidently, Gilmore thought he was supposed to have help over the top.

"Uh, maybe so," Meeks said. "Because the first call that came in was a drop call, which was pretty much a Cover 2. Then it became a man situation. Just like Corey Graham just said, we have to communicate better across the board. Everybody has to know what we're playing, what we're doing so we don't have simple mistakes like that versus great players."

So, from what Meeks is saying tallies with my initial thoughts. Gilmore thought he was in zone, had to carry the vertical underneath with safety help over the top.

Still needs to play to the whistle though. Can't really defend him on that.

Edited by Blokestradamus

Wait til you hear Gilmore's idiotic post game comments. Just more blame game than anything else. Guys like him are not going to win anything.

I don't want Gilmore on this team for $5M a year let alone $14M a year.

He has no ball skills.

He's a defensive holding penalty waiting to happen.

He can't snap his head around and locate the football

And lately......he can't tackle anything

I don't know why he continues to try and tackle people uo around the neck, instead of wrapping up low, but he's really embarrassing himself out there.

Thank god the Bills didn't give him the long term extension he was rumored to have turned down, I dont want him on this team PERIOD

The Gilmore defenders are starting to show up! How about jamming your player and showing him who the boss is?

Gilmore got owned by Hogan all day.

I'm interested in the truth. The truth is there was a miscommunication. Vilify Gilmore if you must but there's a bigger issue at play than just him.

Graham went so far as to suggest most if not all of NE's big plays came as a result of defensive communication breakdowns.

He said "We are what we are...mediocre."

I liked his tone. He seemed pissed they lost, was frustrated, and wasn't afraid to call it like it is.

As he should being a guy that has also played for a Super Bowl champion, he has the credibility to lay it out there that performances like today are not acceptable.

I'm interested in the truth. The truth is there was a miscommunication. Vilify Gilmore if you must but there's a bigger issue at play than just him.

Right, but who's communicating what? None of us know. Period. The less wise will jump to the conclusion that it's a "coaching" issue.

And yet none of this happened in the first seven games with AW back there. Save for the Torrie Smith TD against SF...a busted play involving...oh, you know. GILMORE.

Edited by The Big Cat

Right, but who's communicating what? None of us know. Period. The less wise will jump to the conclusion that it's a "coaching" issue.

And yet none of this happened in the first seven games with AW back there.

It can't happen against anyone but Brady? That's a recipe for disaster.

Internally, they know what went wrong. Got to sort it out, whatever it is.

I thought the ball had been caught by that point...but still, 5-10 yards out of the end zone, he pulls up to B word at the safeties.

No, you play until the play is over. Yes, maybe the play was virtually over...but virtually over isn't over. Ask Don Beebe or Leon Lett.

I can accept getting beat fairly. I can accept making a mistake. But goddammit, don't get beat because you act like a !@#$ing amateur.

Sorry I've been drinking all day, didn't come out right but i meant exactly what you said. He's roasted by 10 yards and is turning to look for the flag before the damn play was over when there was clearly no contact. Gilmore has certainly played himself off the Bills this year, and most likely cost himself some money with whoever he ends up with

"Just miscommunication in coverage," Meeks said after the game. "We had two calls come in. It was pretty much just miscommunication on what we were actually in on that play."

Evidently, Gilmore thought he was supposed to have help over the top.

"Uh, maybe so," Meeks said. "Because the first call that came in was a drop call, which was pretty much a Cover 2. Then it became a man situation. Just like Corey Graham just said, we have to communicate better across the board. Everybody has to know what we're playing, what we're doing so we don't have simple mistakes like that versus great players."

So, from what Meeks is saying tallies with my initial thoughts. Gilmore thought he was in zone, had to carry the vertical underneath with safety help over the top.

Still needs to play to the whistle though. Can't really defend him on that.

Which all points back to poor coaching, or "over coaching" ... this becomes very apparent on 3rd downs.

If they call a play, and someone messes it up, it's the coaches... we were gonna lose this game. The patriots are the best team in the league, we have injuries... and we aren't that good.

It's not Tyrol, it's not the injuries, they're just a lot Better than us

Which all points back to poor coaching, or "over coaching" ... this becomes very apparent on 3rd downs.

Like I said. :lol:

Two years in a row the defense has crumbled in the absence of AW.

As the veterans of the secondary, it's disappointing that Graham and Gilmore haven't taken on Aaron's leadership role. I'm on record that I think Aaron's a pretty average player but Rex has typically had that kind of vocal guy in the secondary to marshall the troops. Why he loved Jim Leonhard, why he wanted an old Ed Reed.