First "Throwback" Attempt

linksfiend

Who remembers the first time we attempted "throwback" uniforms? Except instead of going back to a white standing buffalo on a red helmet they stuck with the red helmets we were using that season and put a white standing buffalo on it? Does anyone remember the date and opponent?

Who remembers the first time we attempted "throwback" uniforms? Except instead of going back to a white standing buffalo on a red helmet they stuck with the red helmets we were using that season and put a white standing buffalo on it? Does anyone remember the date and opponent?

It was because Ralph didn't want to spend money on a new set of helmets so he told the equipment guys to just slap a sticker on the red helmets. Pretty sad really. It was joke to call them throwbacks. The Bills never wore that style of helmet.

Vs Denver Monday night football 1994

Can't really see the helmet in that picture, but I get the idea what it would look like... in other news, I always thought those oil well helmets looked cool... but only because the Bills beat them often.

buffalobillsfauxback.png

Jets+Bills+94.png

s-l640.jpg

Wow what a blast from the past. Its amazing how much better looking our current unis are. Blue jersey with white helmet and blue charging buffalo. Top 3-5 unis in nfl in my opinion.

I know it is not the popular opinion, but with the current jerseys looking so similar to the throwbacks (don't get me wrong, I love the current uniform), I'd love to see them switch the throwback set back to the 1990s uniform.