According to these stats, Sammy more valuable than Dareus

Sammy gets his Option picked up in April.

Then he plays in 2017, 2018 (UFA after year)

At the same time the Bills can move on from Dareus after the 2018 season with 10M in cap savings

Interesting to me that the same time Sammy will be do his deal the Bills can move on from Dareus

Edited by MAJBobby

Sammy gets his Option picked up in April.

Then he plays in 2017, 2018 (UFA after year)

At the same time the Bills can move on from Dareus after the 2018 season with 10M in cap savings

Interesting to me that the same time Sammy will be do his deal the Bills can move on from Dareus

I don't see how the Bills can wait until after the 2018 season to retain Watkins (assuming that they do want to retain him long term). WRs are getting paid stupidly if they hit FA. Some team would give him a crazy deal and with his injury history it'd be prudent to let him walk if his price got that high. If they want him, after the 2017 season is when they can get him at a decent price.

I don't see how the Bills can wait until after the 2018 season to retain Watkins (assuming that they do want to retain him long term). WRs are getting paid stupidly if they hit FA. Some team would give him a crazy deal and with his injury history it'd be prudent to let him walk if his price got that high. If they want him, after the 2017 season is when they can get him at a decent price.

Correct dont let him play his option year like they are with Gilmore. I just found it interesting is all

If they let him walk after trading up for him....

If they let him walk after trading up for him....

My worry is if injuries are an issue again for him next season. If that happens I can see him playing out the option year. Or at least that would be a real possibility. I just don't know how you sign him to a big deal if you can't count on him staying healthy. Maybe they could come to terms on a contract that gives him a nice payday, but gives the Bills some protection if he can't stay on the field. But that'd be tough to do since his option year would provide him a nice, guaranteed chunk of cash. Hope he stays healthy and earns a nice contract so we don't have to worry about all of that.

The picks are gone. There is nothing you can do about it now. This shouldn't affect your decision on him.

I'd hate to see Doug try and extend him in its undeserving specifically because he invested so much into him.

LOL '/s' with a little truth in there.