Yay NBA 2016-17 season!

The Poojer

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jimmy Buckets rules, don't want to see this.

it will be either him or Paul George. I think they are worried about PG being only a one- year rental due to his public interest in going to LA. But you could say they had the same situation with Kevin Love, and they convinced him to sign long term.

More Marc Stein bombs

@espnSteinline

Cavs owner Dan Gilbert, just like that, just issued a statement that he and GM David Griffin have mutually agreed NOT to extend his contract

News drops on the one-year anniversary of the Cavs winning their only NBA title

@WojVerticalNBA

Sources: As David Griffin departs as Cavs -- "Just couldn't agree on future," source says - Chauncey Billups expected to emerge as candidate

Cavs front office had difficulty in trade talks this week, constantly needing to address Griffin's future with rival executives. Tough spot.

Edited by YoloinOhio

More Marc Stein bombs

@espnSteinline

Cavs owner Dan Gilbert, just like that, just issued a statement that he and GM David Griffin have mutually agreed NOT to extend his contract

News drops on the one-year anniversary of the Cavs winning their only NBA title

@WojVerticalNBA

Sources: As David Griffin departs as Cavs -- "Just couldn't agree on future," source says - Chauncey Billups expected to emerge as candidate

Cavs front office had difficulty in trade talks this week, constantly needing to address Griffin's future with rival executives. Tough spot.

Why don't they fire Lebron ?

He's responsible for Tristan, Swish, and Love.

How do you C's fans see this team going forward. I go back to the Hondo Era and they are #2 for me after the Raptors, but it's a team of competent general players without much greatness outside of Thomas (who might be hobbled a bit). WIth all due respect for one with a Bird-shrine still at the home.

How do you C's fans see this team going forward. I go back to the Hondo Era and they are #2 for me after the Raptors, but it's a team of competent general players without much greatness outside of Thomas (who might be hobbled a bit). WIth all due respect for one with a Bird-shrine still at the home.

I'm only old enough to remember a hobbled big 3, then the end of Larry Legend. Onto Reggie Lewis, Dino Radja, and all those teams. Then finally some real juice with Walker and Pierce.

The team has a bunch of mediocre scrappy players who compete well. That's an easy 50 wins in the east but it's not a winning combination.

If I were GM? That's always a fun game. I'm keeping Brown no exceptions. I'm not maxing out IT, I fear they will now that they passed on Fultz. I'd take Fox @3 and let the ping pong balls bounce again next year. The Hayward signing seems to be inevitable, that is meh to me. His size is redundant even though a better shooter than the Celts currently have at that spot.

It's a spot where they can trade assets to get better immediately but still not as good as GS. Or they can draft and go young and possibly get worse in the short term of that means not inking IT.

commonsense: The team has a bunch of mediocre scrappy players who compete well

me: That's an unfriendly way of viewing the roster. I like watching them, they come to play almost every night and someone comes through most nights (of about 9 of them.) The Bucks are another Eastern team that I enjoy, The Freak is a luxury to watch, the Bucks come to play most nights.

The Raptors are "entitled" to slack off when they feel like it, which makes it unwatchable for 1/3 of the season in-town.

Waiting to see if my lakers actually draft Lonzo Ball or trade the pick

this might answer your question (and makes sense to me)

@ESPNSteinline

League sources tell @RamonaShelburne and me: The Pacers and Lakers have engaged on Paul George trade talks in advance of Thursday's draft.

what are you hearing regarding Jason Tatum now... starting to pick up some steam at 3

More mentions of the kid from FSU than Tatum. Some folks hinting at Fox now alluding to Ainge possibly not wanting to max IT.

Some talk they made trade down again if Ball is there at 3. I hope something actually happens this year. Do you have any preferences?

More mentions of the kid from FSU than Tatum. Some folks hinting at Fox now alluding to Ainge possibly not wanting to max IT.

Some talk they made trade down again if Ball is there at 3. I hope something actually happens this year. Do you have any preferences?

i mostly watch Big 10 Bball so I don't have a strong opinion about the players themselves but I did do some research on Fultz when I thought they were drafting first. I did see Josh Jackson play several times and think he is very good. I don't care about Lonzo's dad really when it comes to whether to draft him. I think he is going to focus on his younger sons after lonzo is drafted. If Ainge thinks he's best available then take him. Ultimately if they take a PG I'll worry about the future of IT and he's my favorite player :cry: