Yay NBA 2016-17 season!

The Poojer

With all the Lebron leaving talk starting already I have to wonder if that would be the case had they kept Wiggins. That trade was terrible. Then overpaying his buddies JR and Thompson.

Over paying was LeBron throwing his weight around for his pals, I think. What would you trade one Super Bowl? They got one, and it was amazing. Not seeing another this year. :)

No Braves = no interest for me. It will never change!

That is part of why I barely pay attention until the Finals. They pissed me off! They fail to give any effort until the playoffs. Even my AAU playing kids were disappointed after spending hundreds of dollars on several regular season games. Straight up garbage not worth seeing in regular season (assuming they even try to play). I do LOVE college hoops where they try and care.

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still hate the Wiggins for Love trade. The Cavs have no young developing talent unless you count Kyrie, but he's an established all star.

How has he panned out in Minnesota? I follow the East a bit as Wizards fan...but have no clue on the Timberwolves

How has he panned out in Minnesota? I follow the East a bit as Wizards fan...but have no clue on the Timberwolves

For the regular season I usually watch struggling teams that are going to bother showing up most nights. Wolves are one of them, they don't have the stacked talent to compete in the West but are building and give a darn each night. The Bucks are my Eastern choice and they are paying off with good play on top of honest effort.

Over paying was LeBron throwing his weight around for his pals, I think. What would you trade one Super Bowl? They got one, and it was amazing. Not seeing another this year. :)

That is part of why I barely pay attention until the Finals. They pissed me off! They fail to give any effort until the playoffs. Even my AAU playing kids were disappointed after spending hundreds of dollars on several regular season games. Straight up garbage not worth seeing in regular season (assuming they even try to play). I do LOVE college hoops where they try and care.

Same here. I stopped paying attention to the NBA years ago.

College Basketball is far more exciting and interesting.

Same here. I stopped paying attention to the NBA years ago.

College Basketball is far more exciting and interesting.

As a fan since the UCLA dynasty, the college game doesn't provide superstars worthy of watching.

It's just 20 kids run in and out of lineups without dominating or noting their name.

back in the day when they stayed for 3 years you got to know their names, they developed a national interest that they had earned

now you get some kid from UCLA who quits out there against minimal pressure by Kentucky and he's deemed the greatest of all time for hoops.

not buying it...

As a fan since the UCLA dynasty, the college game doesn't provide superstars worthy of watching.

It's just 20 kids run in and out of lineups without dominating or noting their name.

back in the day when they stayed for 3 years you got to know their names, they developed a national interest that they had earned

now you get some kid from UCLA who quits out there against minimal pressure by Kentucky and he's deemed the greatest of all time for hoops.

not buying it...

Overly simplistic view. The "one and done" players are the exception in college BB, not the rule. It's a far "purer" game than the NBA and there are plenty of stars to follow.

Overly simplistic view. The "one and done" players are the exception in college BB, not the rule. It's a far "purer" game than the NBA and there are plenty of stars to follow.

No no no.....

The NCAA best would become LEGIT household names and TRULY DOMINATE in college, and THEN go to the pros and TRULY DOMINATE right from their rookie season....

Alcindor, Hayes, Ewing, Olajuwon, Bird, Magic Johnson, Isaiah Thomas, Mark Aguirre, Dantley, endless list of names....

now it's almost 100% the coach being the star (and I couldn't care less)

cheering for your favourite college (even if you never attended it) is understandable

but almost all games have nobody that is going to dominate in the NBA immediately, they barely put up noticeable points in routine college games.

just because they SCREAM YOU GOTTA WATCH THIS KID!!! OH BABY HE"S THE GREATEST EVER... HE WILL SCORE 8 POINTS AND GET 2 ASSIST TONGIHT....

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

And the NCAA tourney is great for Beta-males who never watch the regular season, pretending they can fill out a bracket and telling everyone on a public elevator how the bracket is doing.

You could give them the Women's bracket and they wouldn't notice anything amiss....

No no no.....

The NCAA best would become LEGIT household names and TRULY DOMINATE in college, and THEN go to the pros and TRULY DOMINATE right from their rookie season....

Alcindor, Hayes, Ewing, Olajuwon, Bird, Magic Johnson, Isaiah Thomas, Mark Aguirre, Dantley, endless list of names....

cheering for your favourite college (even if you never attended it) is understandable

but almost all games have nobody that is going to dominate in the NBA immediately, they barely put up noticeable points in routine college games.

just because they SCREAM YOU GOTTA WATCH THIS KID!!! OH BABY HE"S THE GREATEST EVER... HE WILL SCORE 8 POINTS AND GET 2 ASSIST TONGIHT....

And the NCAA tourney is great for Beta-males who never watch the regular season, pretending they can fill out a bracket and telling everyone on a public elevator how the bracket is doing.

You could give them the Women's bracket and they wouldn't notice anything amiss....

I get your point, and I somewhat agree with you.

Still, I will take college basketball over the NBA all the time.

No no no.....

I'll repeat myself. Overly simplistic. If you truly enjoy the game of basketball (and not just watching "stars") you'll watch the NCAA over the NBA every day of the week.

I'll repeat myself. Overly simplistic. If you truly enjoy the game of basketball (and not just watching "stars") you'll watch the NCAA over the NBA every day of the week.

I don't know about that E...the Warriors play the most unselfish game in either level right now. I would rather watch them play than anything on the college level.

Some will say they don't play "fundamental" basketball, but i think its great how they have changed the game and use the rules to their advantage.

I don't know about that E...the Warriors play the most unselfish game in either level right now. I would rather watch them play than anything on the college level.

Some will say they don't play "fundamental" basketball, but i think its great how they have changed the game and use the rules to their advantage.

Yeah, I like the Dubs. They're the exception.

Wiggins is sweet. Imo they would be better off with Wiggins > Love.

He's a rich mans Otto Porter in Wizards talk.

Sorry I missed this earlier, thank you for the info...much appreciated.

I've taken my (now grown) kids to a lot of NBA and college games. Never spoken by my boys at a college game were the words "they're not even trying!"

so...is college hockey better than the NHL...cause in that 82 game NHL season, there are a bunch dog games...same as the NBA. 6 games in 10 days for the NBA can make for some tired ass players.

I watch about 10 Wizards games a game a year tip off to buzzer, and parts of about 30-40 others....ain't no different than Sabre games in terms of the level of effort for a Wednesday night game middle of Feb.

But much like the NHL..almost 100% of the games in the playoffs are max effort.

Its not the players or the "want to" ..its the just the sheer number of regular season games.

Sorry I missed this earlier, thank you for the info...much appreciated.

so...is college hockey better than the NHL...cause in that 82 game NHL season, there are a bunch dog games...same as the NBA. 6 games in 10 days for the NBA can make for some tired ass players.

I watch about 10 Wizards games a game a year tip off to buzzer, and parts of about 30-40 others....ain't no different than Sabre games in terms of the level of effort for a Wednesday night game middle of Feb.

But much like the NHL..almost 100% of the games in the playoffs are max effort.

Its not the players or the "want to" ..its the just the sheer number of regular season games.

I won't argue that at all! It's an insane number of games, and the NBA (or at least Adam Silver) acknowledges they need to tweak it to make it better. I don't watch much hockey since leaving WNY so I won't even comment on that. I do LOVE college hoops, but maybe because I'm a Xavier grad and we've been to 4 of the last 8 Sweet 16's (elite 8 last season). I watch every minute of 30+ games a year. It's where I go to get my "winning fix" during and after watching every minute of the Bills season. Balance is critical in life. :)

That would be an epic and unpresidential comeback if the Cavs were to win it all. I think a team down 0-3 is like 0 for 216 in the palyoffs? THAT would be history, so to me that makes it exciting. I don't like the was GS was "built" with Durant, but that's his right. I do hope they win because David West (Xavier guy again) has given up about $10 mil/year the last 2 years trying to get a ring. Not like Durant in my mind because he's sacrificed about $20 mil+.

That would be an epic and unpresidential comeback if the Cavs were to win it all. I think a team down 0-3 is like 0 for 216 in the palyoffs? THAT would be history, so to me that makes it exciting. I don't like the was GS was "built" with Durant, but that's his right. I do hope they win because David West (Xavier guy again) has given up about $10 mil/year the last 2 years trying to get a ring. Not like Durant in my mind because he's sacrificed about $20 mil+.

Your boy West almost got kicked out!

The Durant thing is interesting to me. Lebron has done the super team thing for 6 years, no worries I guess as there is an enemy in GS

And the complaint about pro athletes, and NBA players, in particular, has always been they only play for themselves and the money...as referenced by your comments above.

But then when a player plays unselfishly and makes a move to win a championship over taking max money...he is criticized. These guys just can't win some time with the fans.

Nobody killing Brady, or Edelman, or any other Pat for taking less money to win a championship, but somehow Durant is getting killed for it.

And the difference between max money with your original team and going to a new team is significant.

Your boy West almost got kicked out!

The Durant thing is interesting to me. Lebron has done the super team thing for 6 years, no worries I guess as there is an enemy in GS

And the complaint about pro athletes, and NBA players, in particular, has always been they only play for themselves and the money...as referenced by your comments above.

But then when a player plays unselfishly and makes a move to win a championship over taking max money...he is criticized. These guys just can't win some time with the fans.

Nobody killing Brady, or Edelman, or any other Pat for taking less money to win a championship, but somehow Durant is getting killed for it.

And the difference between max money with your original team and going to a new team is significant.

You got me wrong. I prefer "organic". West is playing for about 10% of his Indy deal he opted out of, and I said I respect that him for that. I don't know how much Durant lost in the move, but I bet it's not 90% and I don't hate him for it like so many do. I just don't love it. This could be a great team for years to come. KD has already said (I believe) he'd re-up for less than what's possible. To watch greatness is always pretty cool.

Edited by Augie