Walking Dead S7

4merper4mer

Madison is the female version of Rick (when he's not being a wussy)

Travis' actor compared himself to Laurie on the after show of the episode in which he died. The Madison/Rick comparison is legit.

I think Daniel is like bizarro-Morgan and that is about the only other comparison I draw. I think they are doing a good job not repeating the other story. I'm interested to see how Nick, Strand, Madison, and Daniel evolve. I like the Ophelia and Alicia stories and some of the new characters too, especially Efraim. Jake played on "The Following" as creepy murderous twins and he is not like that at all on this show. I think Jake or Troy will die this season, maybe both. The new native American guy could make it a few seasons maybe/maybe not. I'm also wondering when the actresses from the snippet commercials from the past season of the main show come into play.

Travis' actor compared himself to Laurie on the after show of the episode in which he died. The Madison/Rick comparison is legit.

I think Daniel is like bizarro-Morgan and that is about the only other comparison I draw. I think they are doing a good job not repeating the other story. I'm interested to see how Nick, Strand, Madison, and Daniel evolve. I like the Ophelia and Alicia stories and some of the new characters too, especially Efraim. Jake played on "The Following" as creepy murderous twins and he is not like that at all on this show. I think Jake or Troy will die this season, maybe both. The new native American guy could make it a few seasons maybe/maybe not. I'm also wondering when the actresses from the snippet commercials from the past season of the main show come into play.

the women in the tunnels??

when they first showed Ophelia that is exactly who I thought she was at first.

the women in the tunnels??

when they first showed Ophelia that is exactly who I thought she was at first.

Yes, the women in the tunnels. It had been so long since I had seen Ophelia i didn't remember her at first either. The woman from the plane from last year is also alive but probably off the show for good in reality. The tunnel people will probably show up at some point this season.

Yes, the women in the tunnels. It had been so long since I had seen Ophelia i didn't remember her at first either. The woman from the plane from last year is also alive but probably off the show for good in reality. The tunnel people will probably show up at some point this season.

They already had the guy from the tunnels, didn't they? I thought the guy who helped Travis and Nick break out of the army base in the first season was the main guy from those clips.

Speaking of that, I have absolutely no clue how that whole tunnel thing ended. The last couple episodes of the main series, I watched on the DVR. So I fast-forwarded right through them. The same exact thing happened with the whole plane thing for me.

Edited by shrader

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

This show has seriously hit its stride. 2HS3 first 3 episodes:

1: Really good. A lot of intrigue.

2. Some pretty cool stuff. Not the best episode ever...a little slow....but set up the rest of the season

3. Last night. I thought it was really great. A lot of great characters and interplay and it is hard to 100% understand the motivations of any of them. All of the actors did a great job. Daniel, Strand, Madison, Walker, Lola, Efraim. All really well done. Really good episode IMO.

Yeah, I'm liking the start to the second half. A little slower paced than the first but it's still very good. Walker is a little hard to figure out though. One minute seems like he's going to be a good guy and the next he's back to his original self. We'll see how it progresses when they get back to the ranch.

Yeah, I'm liking the start to the second half. A little slower paced than the first but it's still very good. Walker is a little hard to figure out though. One minute seems like he's going to be a good guy and the next he's back to his original self. We'll see how it progresses when they get back to the ranch.

Walker is interesting to me. At one point he is trying to do the right thing but at any sign of trouble he "lawyers up" and completely ignores the needs of anyone but his group. He uses the race card in a manner of speaking but if things turn in a positive way, he takes it back off the table. It will be interesting to see how his character plays out. I like the actor.

The interaction between 6 characters: Madison, Strand, Walker, Efraim, Lola, and Daniel is very complex. I really like it. I think I understand the underlying motivations of all of them but the ones I wonder about most are Walker as you state, Lola to an extent and ....actually.....Madison. Strand and Daniel seemed to have turned corners and I believe they truly have. Madison? Daniel seems worried about Strand betraying her but I'm starting to wonder if it might not end up the other way around somehow.

One place out of water but having guns and the other needing guns and having water is a little cheesy, but I don't care that much. It's about the characters in the end. I don't think the trading post is a great spot for the exchange though. Too many dangerous third parties. That is going to go south.

I just watched season 7. I didn't read back through the whole thread so I apologize if this was brought up already, but re: the people who live in the dump was there some explanation I missed, or am I simply supposed to believe they mostly forgot how to speak English since the apocalypse even though that hasn't happened to any of the other groups we've encountered?

I just watched season 7. I didn't read back through the whole thread so I apologize if this was brought up already, but re: the people who live in the dump was there some explanation I missed, or am I simply supposed to believe they mostly forgot how to speak English since the apocalypse even though that hasn't happened to any of the other groups we've encountered?

It's pretty stupid. They didn't explain. Maybe they will do a back story in season 8. I'd prefer to see the dump spontaneously combust and get them out of the show because it was just dumb.

It's pretty stupid. They didn't explain. Maybe they will do a back story in season 8. I'd prefer to see the dump spontaneously combust and get them out of the show because it was just dumb.

They're definitely cannon fodder, a nice simple way for the show to up the body count and to slightly balance out the war on 3 fronts that Negan would have to be fighting very soon.

They're definitely cannon fodder, a nice simple way for the show to up the body count and to slightly balance out the war on 3 fronts that Negan would have to be fighting very soon.

I agree they will probably be a short term rival/ally/rival/ally but why the stupid language stuff. The junkyard setting was probably enough.

I agree they will probably be a short term rival/ally/rival/ally but why the stupid language stuff. The junkyard setting was probably enough.

My guess is that all of the surviving politicians from DC wound up in that junkyard.

• 2 weeks later...

Another good episode last night. Finale should be interesting.

They were finally starting to make wannabe-Johnny Depp interesting and then he starts using again. His whole interaction this season with Troy has been a huge head scratcher. I'm kind of at the point where I want them to just kill of the rest of the Clark family so that it can be the Daniel show. That of course means that he won't make it through the finale.

They were finally starting to make wannabe-Johnny Depp interesting and then he starts using again. His whole interaction this season with Troy has been a huge head scratcher. I'm kind of at the point where I want them to just kill of the rest of the Clark family so that it can be the Daniel show. That of course means that he won't make it through the finale.

I did like this episode but some of it seemed sudden and I agree on the part with Nick. I get that he might relapse at his first opportunity but the stuff with needing to get away from Madison is weird.

Also sudden:

Strand quickly going into sell mode after getting frustrated with Madison

Ofelia's death. But the actress is pregnant and I guess this takes Daniel in a new direction

Alicia is venturing into somewhere that will turn into something but that has to be next season, no?

I like what they have done with Season 3. A lot. But I'm not quite sure how it will set up Season 4. I have to admit that I kind of love not really knowing which characters are "good guys" or "bad guys". I think that is a cool aspect.

That had to be the most idiotic introduction to a villain that Ive ever seen. Someone please tell me why they threw that tumor operation throw away scene in there.

with any luck he's dead.

They had a fire sale ... Everyone must die.

Why not turn the boat around and ride the wave head on?

I think Daniel knows a way to save himself and Nick.

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

with any luck he's dead.

They had a fire sale ... Everyone must die.

Why not turn the boat around and ride the wave head on?

I think Daniel knows a way to save himself and Nick.

For a while there, I was hoping they'd kill off everyone and then the show would transition to whatever Walker was going to do. At this point, once the dust settles, I'd say it's safe to assume that they're headed to Texas.

the thing about Texas is .... who is running the "show" more of these thugs?

Probably a group of little people cannibals. It'll be the violent version of the munchkins from the wizard of oz.

For a while there, I was hoping they'd kill off everyone and then the show would transition to whatever Walker was going to do. At this point, once the dust settles, I'd say it's safe to assume that they're headed to Texas.

I liked the season and I liked parts of last night's episodes. I didn't like the silly Christmas dinner stuff. It was just weird. I don't think Taka and Crazy Dog would have just happened to hang around so they could sniper a few bad guys down, because the bad guys could have easily stayed inside. Lots of plot holes IMO. I do think the actors on the show are very good and coming into their own in their roles.

I don't know where any of the characters are going. It's like the show is starting over again. I still like aspects of this show more than some aspects of the main show but Season 4 could be their last.

Kirkman or Gimple said that one character would crossover from one show to the other. It would be useless to put a FTWD character into TWD but you could do it. TWD is years ahead timeline wise so although the character could be on both shows, he/she could never die on FTWD. To me it has to be a prequel with Abraham....or maybe Rosita. Some of FTWD's characters appear headed to Texas

I liked the season and I liked parts of last night's episodes. I didn't like the silly Christmas dinner stuff. It was just weird. I don't think Taka and Crazy Dog would have just happened to hang around so they could sniper a few bad guys down, because the bad guys could have easily stayed inside. Lots of plot holes IMO. I do think the actors on the show are very good and coming into their own in their roles.

I don't know where any of the characters are going. It's like the show is starting over again. I still like aspects of this show more than some aspects of the main show but Season 4 could be their last.

Kirkman or Gimple said that one character would crossover from one show to the other. It would be useless to put a FTWD character into TWD but you could do it. TWD is years ahead timeline wise so although the character could be on both shows, he/she could never die on FTWD. To me it has to be a prequel with Abraham....or maybe Rosita. Some of FTWD's characters appear headed to Texas

I was just looking on a news feed and saw these spoilers

what ever happened to the "Mini show" and the two women in the tunnels?

I still can't get over the whole part where the new guy in a wheelchair had a tumor cut out of his back without any sedation, then immediately starts walking and joins in on the assault on the dam. Even if you're willing to suspend disbelief on that one for a second, it still made absolutely no sense to include that in the story. They rushed his whole story ridiculously. They needed to come up with some reason for Alicia to have won him over and be brought to the dam, so they added that absurd story line in there. Maybe the fact that they aired two episodes together makes it feel even more rushed, but it was a horrible idea to introduce this guy and then have the big raid all within one night.