Walking Dead S7

4merper4mer

Eugene wants to feel safe. I don't think he cares either way about Negan, as long as he feels safe.

Right now, after Negan questioning Sasha's death, he's probably not feeling very safe.

Exactly. He was completely on board with Negan up until the uprising. But since he's stuck with them now, he has to play it very smart, pretty much the only thing he is capable of doing. He'll be very careful moving forward thanks to what he saw with the doctor. No matter how useful he is, Negan will not hesitate to eliminate him if he even suspects anything.

I just want to say again: way to go, Carl. I still think the best part of the episode was him seizing the initiative and starting the shooting without a second thought.

But the tiger...look, I want to give serious props to the visual effects people, who did wonders making attacks by an animatronic stuffed animal look passingly realistic (they looked just real enough for me to willingly susspend disbelief - "That's clearly fake, but not so obviously that it detracts from everything." Good job on a TV budget, and excellent example of the combined use of CGI and practical effects.) But that's not how tigers attack. They don't normally lunge in from the side in a half-assed leap. But particularly, when they have your head in their jaws, they don't just sort of casually wiggle your head around like...something that casually wiggles something else (I don't know, I don't really have an analogy here.) Tigers can carry their own body weight in their jaws up a ten foot leap. They have your head in their jaws, they crush it or rip it clean off.

I just want to say again: way to go, Carl. I still think the best part of the episode was him seizing the initiative and starting the shooting without a second thought.

But the tiger...look, I want to give serious props to the visual effects people, who did wonders making attacks by an animatronic stuffed animal look passingly realistic (they looked just real enough for me to willingly susspend disbelief - "That's clearly fake, but not so obviously that it detracts from everything." Good job on a TV budget, and excellent example of the combined use of CGI and practical effects.) But that's not how tigers attack. They don't normally lunge in from the side in a half-assed leap. But particularly, when they have your head in their jaws, they don't just sort of casually wiggle your head around like...something that casually wiggles something else (I don't know, I don't really have an analogy here.) Tigers can carry their own body weight in their jaws up a ten foot leap. They have your head in their jaws, they crush it or rip it clean off.

I thought it looked pretty impressive too. Maybe in part because I was so surprised by the attack, but even considering that, I thought it was great.

they don't just sort of casually wiggle your head around like...something that casually wiggles something else (I don't know, I don't really have an analogy here.)

Ask Boyst. He'll have something for that..

The whole kingdom thing should be so cheesey, but it works. The three main players there are such damn good actors, they make it great.

I assume you're talking Morgan, Carol and Zeke. If true I agree 100%. The guy playing Zeke is really good and it can't be easy trying to hang with James and McBride. They are both awesome IMO.

I also think Richard did a very good job as did the kid.

I thought it looked pretty impressive too. Maybe in part because I was so surprised by the attack, but even considering that, I thought it was great.

I should have added: I still feel like the biggest idiot for being surprised by the tiger attack. It's a bad day when that (*^*&%^$^#Gimple sneaks such an obvious panthera ex machina by me.

The tiger shots were short and sweet. They didn't focus on it long enough to get too distracted by tv budget effects.

I assume you're talking Morgan, Carol and Zeke. If true I agree 100%. The guy playing Zeke is really good and it can't be easy trying to hang with James and McBride. They are both awesome IMO.

I also think Richard did a very good job as did the kid.

Yeah, I liked Richard too. The kingdom as a hole has worked really well. Casting and story, it actually makes sense. Their quirks are so much more explainable than the junk yard people.

I should have added: I still feel like the biggest idiot for being surprised by the tiger attack. It's a bad day when that (*^*&%^$^#Gimple sneaks such an obvious panthera ex machina by me.

That was a classic "watch the birdie" moment that would catch just about anybody off-guard. Plus, it really doesn't make much sense once you think about it. You would think that at least one of the saviors would have yelled "hey, lookout! There's a %$#@ing tiger!". It's not like there wasn't a small crowd gathered around or anything. The viewer had no clue that Shiva was going to appear.

I saw it last night.

Observations:

1) Was still a slow episode up until the fighting at the end.

2) Why did the Kingdom and Hilltop walk to Alexandria?

3) Why did Negan feel he needed Sasha to negotiate when he already had the freaky garbage people and essentially cornered Rick?

4) Why doesn't Rick just bite off Negan's throat when he had the chance rather than just hope for a tiger to appear?

5) Next season I will just read reviews and maybe just TIVO until the war scenes.

Edited by meazza

1)lots of commercials in the first half hour also

2) quieter?

3) Negan likes theater

4) not sure - in shock he got caught a second time? Or did he know Kingdom and Hilltop were there and kept it from Jadis?

5) ok

3) Why did Negan feel he needed Sasha to negotiate when he already had the freaky garbage people and essentially cornered Rick?

He doesn't want to just kill people. He needs these other communities to produce for him. He wants to show the people of Alexandria that both Eugene and Sasha are working with him and they can have that same chance. Get on board and things will get better.

Why did Sasha have to ride in the coffin for two hours? She could have rode in the trucks with the rest, and then they could have put her in the coffin a couple miles away before they got there, and it would have had the same intended impact on Rick.

I was thinking Michonne would shoot Lucille out of Negan's hands as he was about to hit Carl.

Why did Sasha have to ride in the coffin for two hours? She could have rode in the trucks with the rest, and then they could have put her in the coffin a couple miles away before they got there, and it would have had the same intended impact on Rick.

I was thinking Michonne would shoot Lucille out of Negan's hands as he was about to hit Carl.

Michonne was fighting the extremely subtle "we're going to backstab you" blonde girl from the garbage society.

Michonne was fighting the extremely subtle "we're going to backstab you" blonde girl from the garbage society.

Understood, but she had already gone splat by then, and everyone thought it was Michonne who fell, so it would have been a surprise that a sniper would shoot on Negan.

Sasha told Negan she wanted to ride in thickset to get some sleep.

Understood, but she had already gone splat by then, and everyone thought it was Michonne who fell, so it would have been a surprise that a sniper would shoot on Negan.

Yes but she looked like balboa after rocky 3 so she might have had issues aiming.

They didn't execute that scene very well. I had to rewind it a couple times to see that someone actually fell. It came across to me as just a distant scream.

That was Negan's intention, but Sasha wanted to get in the coffin right away. Which impressed Negan even more, I think he really was hoping she would be on team Negan.

“You've got some beach ball-sized lady nuts, and I wanna harness the heat coming off 'em,”

"I admire your courage and would like you on my team."

it was the only way she could turn and not be noticed.

"Only one has to die"

why shoot the bat, shoot the head off of the snake.

It's hard for me to put the "Marine" in me away sometimes. When they all came running in to rescue Rick and Carl nobody even tries to find cover and shoot? They all just stand straight up in the open and fire with automatic weapons. Also, when Negan was driving away right at the end with his middle finger up out the OPEN window of the truck, the 6 people firing automatic weapons from 15 feet away didn't hit him once?

Ok, now I'll put the Marine away and just enjoy it for what it is. :D