Is Tom Brady a First Ballot Hall of Famer?

Brady HOF  

189 members have voted

1. 1. Is Tom Brady a First Ballot Hall of Famer?

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I do believe they still had very few fumbles last year as well. This year is different as Jacoby and Jimmy G. Both had like 2 or 3 each.. (but it is up this year... )

As for Deflation, well if it gives you a "competitive advantage" and "against the rules" per the commish it is against the integrity of the game. This Rogers over inflation is illegal and should have been punished. (Not! Because I think the hole thing was a fiasco and poorly done.

I guess the lawyer in me feel Goodell lied and was caught in said lie so anything he said before or after is discredited. Ad to the fact he just sucks in general at his job and well..

And my final word on the subject is this. I believe the equipment guys went down there and deflated the balls. Not on direct orders but probably were told by Brady that they better damn well make sure the balls are the weight he likes or there will be hell to pay and he didn't care how they did it. (My evidence is the text after the Jets game where he got a 15 psi balls and was pissed) as for destroying his phone? Well anyone tech savvy knows that doesn't destroy data on it but people's ability to access data from that phone. I.e. You can still get it from the cloud. (How we all are able keep our pics from phone to phone) So saying he "destroyed evidence" just well wrong. He just made getting said evidence a little longer that's all.

So in other words GOODELL SUCKS AND HE IS DESTROYING THE GAME!

Your team cheats.

Owner, head coach, QB.

They've cheated since their first SB win, and they find new ways to cheat today.

Just because you don't like it, or wish it wasn't true, doesn't make it any less of a fact. Deflect blame to Goodell all your want, but he didn't makes your team cheat.

Your team cheats.

Owner, head coach, QB.

They've cheated since their first SB win, and they find new ways to cheat today.

Just because you don't like it, or wish it wasn't true, doesn't make it any less of a fact. Deflect blame to Goodell all your want, but he didn't makes your team cheat.

And your post is what every fan base goes down to when their argument fails. Again (sigh) my point was the investigation was FLAWED and done PISS POORLY . Thus making whatever result the came up with easy to punch holes in on both sides.... the investigation SHOULD have been about getting the truth. What it ended up being was a distraction for the NFL so all the fans turn on a common enemy instead of the warts that were all over the NFL that year. It's common tactic in battle, it's called a diversion and we ALL fell for it. Edited by PatsFanNH

And your post is what every fan base goes down to when their argument fails. Again (sigh) my point was the investigation was FLAWED and done PISS POORLY . Thus making whatever result the came up with easy to punch holes in on both sides.... the investigation SHOULD have been about getting the truth. What it ended up being was a distraction for the NFL so all the fans turn on a common enemy instead of the warts that were all over the NFL that year. It's common tactic in battle, it's called a diversion and we ALL fell for it.

You're on a Bills board, you have to expect their will be irrational bias from a Bills perspective as much as we would expect a Pats fan to have a prejudiced tone-deaf view of Brady and the Pats.

And your post is what every fan base goes down to when their argument fails. Again (sigh) my point was the investigation was FLAWED and done PISS POORLY . Thus making whatever result the came up with easy to punch holes in on both sides.... the investigation SHOULD have been about getting the truth. What it ended up being was a distraction for the NFL so all the fans turn on a common enemy instead of the warts that were all over the NFL that year. It's common tactic in battle, it's called a diversion and we ALL fell for it.

Pay no attention to the cheaters behind the curtain.

Goodell is the real monster here.

Tom Brady = Barry Bonds. Hall of Shamer. But the football sportswriters fall all over themselves bending forward for the King, so he'll be first ballot, even though he doesn't really deserve it. I just can't get past Flutie talking about how Brady's helmet kept going after the cutoff. Enjoy it Marcia, but you're just a cheatin' @#$% who never got convicted.

That's the worst comparison ever.

Not to mention, Brady should get the McGuire/Bonds/Sosa/Clemens treatment for cheaters.

Mark Twain cheated? Say it ain't so!

At least one voter will say no on the grounds that he was implicated in cheating. Twice.

Convicted? No, never convicted.

He's won 4 Super Bowls, played in 6, been to 11 Pro Bowls, 2 time MVP, 3 time Super Bowl MVP, 4th all-time in passing yards, 4th all-time in TDs, 3rd all-time in wins, and has the highest winning percentage of anyone with at least 50 wins. Other than that he's just like Alex Smith.

Right. But the point is, what would Alex Smith's stat line look like if he were in Brady's place. Probably similar. I believe Brady benefits from his situation, that's all I'm saying.

i can't wait for the new england patriots led by jimmy garappollo. the mass-holes will disappear in droves and all of a sudden the Bruins will have a fanbase again.

Edited by quinnearlysghost88

i can't wait for the new england patriots led by jimmy garappollo. the mass-holes will disappear in droves and all of a sudden the Bruins will have a fanbase again.

I still love my B's hockey is MY sport! Also the Pats still be successful with Jimmy G., IMO the wheels come off when BB retires.

Right. But the point is, what would Alex Smith's stat line look like if he were in Brady's place. Probably similar. I believe Brady benefits from his situation, that's all I'm saying.

Really? I can't tell if you are kidding or not so sorry if I'm missing sarcasm. If not, really? We are to assume that Alex Smith would have those same accomplishments if they switched situations? Really?

Brady has accomplished more in his career than ANY QB.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

You're on a Bills board, you have to expect their will be irrational bias from a Bills perspective as much as we would expect a Pats fan to have a prejudiced tone-deaf view of Brady and the Pats.

Very true! I swear my point was it was yet AGAIN another botched investigation. I mean remember the Ray Rice investigation.. OMG "we don't have any tape"... (eye roll). It always seems they mess up every damn time they investigate... I can't think of one time where it was a nice clean investigation since Goodell started. (There also seems to be a lot more of them.. )

Very true! I swear my point was it was yet AGAIN another botched investigation. I mean remember the Ray Rice investigation.. OMG "we don't have any tape"... (eye roll). It always seems they mess up every damn time they investigate... I can't think of one time where it was a nice clean investigation since Goodell started. (There also seems to be a lot more of them.. )

And yet Ray sure did beat the **** out of that girl even though the investigation was bungled.

Just like the Pats cheat regardless of the competency of the investigation.

But keep trying to deflect attention.

And yet Ray sure did beat the **** out of that girl even though the investigation was bungled.

Just like the Pats cheat regardless of the competency of the investigation.

But keep trying to deflect attention.

My point was unlike spygate which was impossible for any reasonable person to defend this one left both sides open:

Guilty -- texts between tax and other guy, 90 sec in bathroom, destroying phone

Innocent -- Goodell lied in Apeal judgement, ideal gas law, outright lies never corrected in the media for months (psi etc),

Yes we know Ray Rice did it, we know Peterson bet his kid, we know spygate happened but the investigations were botched (spygate burning the tapes immediately after seizing them) with Deflategate BOTH sides have compelling evidence and arguments and No one who is reasonable will say "that def happened" or "def didn't happen" do we ALL have opinions of course but no one knows. The courts just decided Goodell can suspend anyone for any reason under the CBA not guilt or innocence.

Edited by PatsFanNH

My point was unlike spygate which was impossible for any reasonable person to defend this one left both sides open:

Innocent -- Goodell lied in Apeal judgement, ideal gas law, outright lies never corrected in the media for months (psi etc),

Yes we know Ray Rice did it, we know Peterson bet his kid, we know spygate happened but the investigations were botched (spygate burning the tapes immediately after seizing them) with Deflategate BOTH sides have compelling evidence and arguments and No one who is reasonable will say "that def happened" or "def didn't happen" do we ALL have opinions of course but no one knows. The courts just decided Goodell can suspend anyone for any reason under the CBA not guilt or innocence.

Lol.

Your list of proof of innocence.

Your understanding of the CBA.

Your understanding of the suspension.

Your support for a franchise that has been caught multiple times and suspected multiple more for cheating.

Lol.

Your list of proof of innocence.

Your understanding of the CBA.

Your understanding of the suspension.

Your support for a franchise that has been caught multiple times and suspected multiple more for cheating.

Sigh I should apologize. I never should think someone would be reasonable or think objectively. That's my bad!

The issue here is that we've got a guy that calls himself "the deflator", who takes the balls to the field by himself (against league rules), disappears into a bathroom with the game balls for enough time to tamper with them, lies about going into the bathroom at all, then lies about what he did when he was in the bathroom (claiming on multiple occasions that he dropped the balls to his left and used a urinal on his right, when in fact no urinal exists in that bathroom), and then changes his story when asked about it on multiple occasions.

Add to that mix that Brady claimed he didn't know McNally when in fact he did, and lump in the fact that Brady and Jastremski hadn't spoken for 6 months prior to the accusation, after which they talked over the phone for several long conversations, and then Brady destroys his phone--supposedly because that's standard procedure for him...except that he still had 2 old phones that he never destroyed.

Clearly something went on, and to deny that would be to toss by the wayside some seriously incriminating behavior by all 3 parties.

Where Goodell erred was in his phrasing of the suspension--all he had to do was say that Brady was being suspended for not fully cooperating with the investigation by destroying his phone after it was requested. Done. No multiple appeal process necessary, because the reason for the suspension can be proven, and the CBA gives him the power to suspend for that infraction.

Really? I can't tell if you are kidding or not so sorry if I'm missing sarcasm. If not, really? We are to assume that Alex Smith would have those same accomplishments if they switched situations? Really?

Brady has accomplished more in his career than ANY QB.

I understand and I don't suggest that Brady is not great or that Alex Smith is as good. I'm just suggesting that he is fortunate where he landed and that his accomplishments are helped by having a great team around him with excellent coach and I'm sure the cheating helped too.

Please. Saying the patriots cheated is not irrational. I've never said that Brady isn't great, or that Goodell is competent. But Brady and his organization have cheated. It's that simple. Deflecting the blame to the commissioner is pathetic.