Offense #3 in Points, Defense #6 in Points

WickedGame

Would looking at points-per-game be more appropriate?

Yes, of course. I just couldn't get those numbers easily from ESPN/NFL.com mobile sites. Still, I doubt it dramatically changes those rankings, since most teams haven't had their bye week yet. There'd likely be a shift of 1-2 positions on either side of the ball, with improvement on the defensive ranks and a possible slippage on the offensive ranks.

Obviously good numbers 6 games in. Are the offensive numbers sustainable due to the lack of an aerial attack? Bears watching , but interesting for sure

Seattle and NE are two of the better run defenses, so we will know more soon. Last I checked Seattle was holding opponents to 3.3 YPC and NE is somewhere around 3.7. My guess is BB try's to take away Shady next week, if we don't respond well that will affect future game plans from DC's. Huge game next week, can't wait.

Our Red Zone Play has improved significantly on both sides of the ball.

Red Zone Offence

We have scored a TD on 73.3% of trips to the red zone this year, good for 6th in the league and up from 50% in 2015 (ranked 24th). It would be nice to get more red zone opportunities as we only reach the red zone 2.5 times per game (ranked 29th in the league)

Red Zone Defense

Opponents have scored a TD on 33.3% of trips to the red zone this year - 1st in the league by a wide margin (2nd best is Pittsburgh at 39.1%), up from 60% in 2015 (ranked 21st).

We are entering the toughest stretch of our schedule, so I hope we can maintain this kind of performance.

FP

Granted the numbers are skewed because several teams have had bye weeks, but here's a stat for you: We're #3 in the NFL in points produced and #6 in points allowed. Our defensive rank could be higher if not for 5-game teams like Minnesota.

#1 in net points(points for-points against)