McCoy asks Bills fans to be respectful of Kaepernick

Yeezus

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So I turn on NFL Network after the game to see the Bills highlights. After waiting 45 minutes they finally get around to it. Do we get to see McCoy, Tyrod? Yes, but they were overwhelmed but "highlights" of Kaep. You would think from the way they were singing his praises he actually played a good game and didn't just get shellacked by 29 points. This guy pisses enough people off and then to have his substandard performance shoved down your throat is it any wonder why the NFL ratings are taking a hit?

^this. I watched the CBS post game report and one of the talking heads (I believe it was Boomer Esaison) said that, despite the loss Kapernik and the 49ers were going places.

What if you don't really care what Kaepernick does?

Because I don't...but last time I said that, I was told I was promoting the genocide of blacks.

You are fine to not care about what Kaepernick does. But what Kaepernick is standing up for, for you to say you don't care about those issues, does show a profound lack of empathy.

Let's lock this and get back to the real stuff. no more politics on tsw

No more kaep threads. Someone second, and someone carry...

Will "I honestly don't give a crap" suffice?

(I know I can be flamed for "not caring", but I'm happy to move on from a bogus agenda.)

You are fine to not care about what Kaepernick does. But what Kaepernick is standing up for, for you to say you don't care about those issues, does show a profound lack of empathy.

He continues to make "cops are targeting and killing unarmed black men and nobody cares" the centerpiece of his argument, and since it's difficult to statistically support that narrative, some folks have a really hard time taking him seriously.

Protest all you want, Kaep, just build your stance on a foundation of truth, and I think you'll find much more empathy.

Edited by thebandit27

I will post this until I get thumped by the mods, but what you call a lack of empathy on our part, i call a lack of understanding on your part. Yes, there are real abuses, but this issue is being used and abused. Listen to this, then lets hear back from you.

http://insider.foxnews.com/2015/08/25/grandmother-peggy-hubbard-takes-down-black-lives-matter-viral-video

P.S. My best friends here in Atlanta are all black (though I am not), and they're on board with this as far as I've polled so far.

Tell me what fascism is.

you can just google it if you actually give a damn.

What if you don't really care what Kaepernick does?

Because I don't...but last time I said that, I was told I was promoting the genocide of blacks.

if you actually don't care, you skip the thread and don't reply.

you can just google it if you actually give a damn.

Yeah, I've done that in the past.

Here you go. Now, tell me what you're talking about:

Definitions
Main article: Definitions of fascism

Historians, political scientists, and other scholars have long debated the exact nature of fascism.[22] Each interpretation of fascism is distinct, leaving many definitions too wide or narrow.[23][24]

One common definition of the term focuses on three concepts: the fascist negations of anti-liberalism, anti-communism and anti-conservatism; nationalist authoritarian goals of creating a regulated economic structure to transform social relations within a modern, self-determined culture; and a political aesthetic of romantic symbolism, mass mobilization, a positive view of violence, and promotion of masculinity, youth and charismatic leadership.[25][26][27] According to many scholars, fascism—especially once in power—has historically attacked communism, conservatism and parliamentary liberalism, attracting support primarily from the far right.[28]

He continues to make "cops are targeting and killing unarmed black men and nobody cares" the centerpiece of his argument, and since it's difficult to statistically support that narrative, some folks have a really hard time taking him seriously.

Protest all you want, Kaep, just build your stance on a foundation of truth, and I think you'll find much more empathy.

This is it for me. I have no problem with the protest. I have a problem with the fact it's based on a false narrative.

Yeah, I've done that in the past.

Here you go. Now, tell me what you're talking about:

Definitions
Main article: Definitions of fascism

Historians, political scientists, and other scholars have long debated the exact nature of fascism.[22] Each interpretation of fascism is distinct, leaving many definitions too wide or narrow.[23][24]

One common definition of the term focuses on three concepts: the fascist negations of anti-liberalism, anti-communism and anti-conservatism; nationalist authoritarian goals of creating a regulated economic structure to transform social relations within a modern, self-determined culture; and a political aesthetic of romantic symbolism, mass mobilization, a positive view of violence, and promotion of masculinity, youth and charismatic leadership.[25][26][27] According to many scholars, fascism—especially once in power—has historically attacked communism, conservatism and parliamentary liberalism, attracting support primarily from the far right.[28]

This is it for me. I have no problem with the protest. I have a problem with the fact it's based on a false narrative.

if you want to assert that coerced flag-worship is not an inherently fascist practice, then that really is it for you.

and your so-called "false narrative" of black people disproportionately being the victims of unjust policing is not false.

Let's lock this and get back to the real stuff. no more politics on tsw

No more kaep threads. Someone second, and someone carry...

Probably worth locking since the game has come and gone. Not sure what's wrong with discussing it. What's sad is to see the blatant racism and ignorance throughout 11 pages of comments. But that's not surprising to me anymore.

Probably worth locking since the game has come and gone. Not sure what's wrong with discussing it. What's sad is to see the blatant racism and ignorance throughout 11 pages of comments. But that's not surprising to me anymore.

throwing the accusation of racism out there is exactly why this needs to be locked. There is a forum for this and a topic on this in PPP. Merge this with PPP and no more kaep on the big board.

I'm on mobile which is a pain in the ass to change over. But mods will see it and hopefully do that.

As far as racism. Such a lazy counterpoint. First it was the infamous "n-word" being used in the star spangle banner so it must be racist argument which stacked on top of you boo kaep you're a racist. Now its superior high ground by so many because the flag and this nations history are corrupt.

Its a sad, sad, horribly inept focus of ignorance that is just heaping with BS. By the arguments: jay z and kanye are mega racists, David Allan coe too. Abe Lincoln, George Washington and jimmy carter are all white privilege. And our liberation of entire continents during multiple wars as well as funding entire governments is corrupt

This entire argument and those bi-enlarge are foolish. Some of the most educated here have not nor rarely chimed in on this.

throwing the accusation of racism out there is exactly why this needs to be locked. There is a forum for this and a topic on this in PPP. Merge this with PPP and no more kaep on the big board.

I'm on mobile which is a pain in the ass to change over. But mods will see it and hopefully do that.

As far as racism. Such a lazy counterpoint. First it was the infamous "n-word" being used in the star spangle banner so it must be racist argument which stacked on top of you boo kaep you're a racist. Now its superior high ground by so many because the flag and this nations history are corrupt.

Its a sad, sad, horribly inept focus of ignorance that is just heaping with BS. By the arguments: jay z and kanye are mega racists, David Allan coe too. Abe Lincoln, George Washington and jimmy carter are all white privilege. And our liberation of entire continents during multiple wars as well as funding entire governments is corrupt

This entire argument and those bi-enlarge are foolish. Some of the most educated here have not nor rarely chimed in on this.

Accusation? Read the comments.

But go ahead and keep defending it.

if you want to assert that coerced flag-worship is not an inherently fascist practice, then that really is it for you.

and your so-called "false narrative" of black people disproportionately being the victims of unjust policing is not false.

See how you need to broaden the scope to say "unjust policing" in order to make it fit?

Kaep was very clear: murder in the streets and then getting paid leave.

That's what I have an issue with; it's not the de facto protest

thebandit27, on 17 Oct 2016 - 09:29 AM, said:thebandit27, on 17 Oct 2016 - 09:29 AM, said:

See how you need to broaden the scope to say "unjust policing" in order to make it fit?

Kaep was very clear: murder in the streets and then getting paid leave.

That's what I have an issue with; it's not the de facto protest

call it whatever you want. he's used the same terminology I used and he still has a valid point.

you look great sitting up their on your rhetorical rhetorical high horse, but the facts are still that way too many people are being killed by cops for no good reason, and justice is not being served. if my use of the term "unjust policing" seems sneaky to you, then I would counter, that so does claiming theirs no such thing as fascism because some political scientists disagree on a precise definition

meanwhile, all the arguments I've heard against his protest boil down to one of the following..

- Oh, it's not REALLY that big a problem -like white people would know (racism).

- He can protest, but not THAT way (fascism).

Of course for the some dead-enders, it is a combination of the two!

Either way he's a hero, and history will judge him kindly.

Edited by jester43

call it whatever you want. he's used the same terminology I used and he still has a valid point.

you look great sitting up their on your rhetorical rhetorical high horse, but the facts are still that way too many people are being killed by cops for no good reason, and justice is not being served. if my use of the term "unjust policing" seems sneaky to you, then I would counter, that so does claiming theirs no such thing as fascism because some political scientists disagree on a precise definition

meanwhile, all the arguments I've heard against his protest boil down to one of the following..

- Oh, it's not REALLY that big a problem -like white people would know (racism).

- He can protest, but not THAT way (fascism).

Of course for the some dead-enders, it is a combination of the two!

Either way he's a hero, and history will judge him kindly.

Well, since I never said anything about fascism, you're arguing that point against the wrong person.

I also never said that police killing people isn't a problem; what I said is that the statistics don't support the assertion that police are targeting and killing unarmed black people and getting rewarded for it, which is what Kaep said.

I also never said that he couldn't protest as he is; not even close actually. I said that the centerpiece of his argument is something that is very difficult to support statistically, and so people have a hard time taking him seriously.

I have a hard time seeing him as a hero for kneeling during a song. Pat Tillman was a hero. Mohammed Ali was a hero. Joe Delaney was a hero. This guy? Not in my opinion.