Where do you put Lawson when he comes back.

Davealan74

Alexander has been playing some good ball the last few weeks and i'm not really sure where we should use Lawson when he comes back. Alexander has 22 tackles 4 sacks and 2 force fumbles. You think they might move some guys around to get him in the mix. The way our D has been playing I think we should leave well enough alone. Whats your thoughts?

Edited by lxxenigmaxxl

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

one game can change everything.

The plan will be to work him in and get him in game shape. The postive side of Lawson's injury is that he should be rounding into shape right during a possible playoff push. Usually rookies experience a drop in performance late in the season due to their body adjusting to the longer NFL season.

Think back to the Giants last SB team that beat the Pats. You can never have enough pass rushers.

Alexander has been playing some good ball the last few weeks and i'm not really sure where we should use Lawson when he comes back. Alexander has 22 tackles 4 sacks and 2 force fumbles. You think they might move some guys around to get him in the mix. The way our D has been playing I think we should leave well enough alone. Whats your thoughts?

Alexander is old and cannot keep up this production. He will start slowing down by the time Lawson is back.

Age is the one thing you can't lie about. Look at you 6am and trying to start ****.

If starting **** is challenging baseless points, then I'm guilty. It's not as if Alexander has been a full time starter in a long NFL career.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

If starting **** is challenging baseless points, then I'm guilty. It's not as if Alexander has been a full time starter in a long NFL career.

Doesn't matter if they were a full time start or not. Hell thst might mean their body really isn't ready for 16 games. 7 pro bowl weeks from an aging player is very good. But as you said he hasn't been a starter in this league long enough b.c in the end he will regress. He is 33...

Tell me how many players can be James Harrison?

Edited by Beef Jerky

Doesn't matter if they were a full time start or not. Hell thst might mean their body really isn't ready for 16 games. 7 pro bowl weeks from an aging player is very good. But as you said he hasn't been a starter in this league long enough b.c in the end he will regress. He is 33...

I'll admit that you could be right. The operative word is could, but your strong assertion that it will definitely be the case lacks any evidence whatsoever. Carry on.

I'll admit that you could be right. The operative word is could, but your strong assertion that it will definitely be the case lacks any evidence whatsoever. Carry on.

Your problem is you take everything too literal on a !@#$ing Bills Forum.... Hahaha

I mean damn you act like I posted an article in time magazine predicting Alexander's demise.

I am just using common sense... He hasn't been a start in this league long enough to be considered a great talent. He is already 33 so he isn't getting better. Rex has the perfect scheme for him to fit in, it has rejuvenated him into playing above his level of play. That cannot last forever...

I have said this in an old Alexander thread before the season and didn't get this type of response.

Shaq is a DE. You ease him into the game as a situational pass rusher. Hand down, rush the passer, work on beating an NFL tackle.

Seems a natural for a 4-3, not sure how his speed is if he has to drop, something I don't think they had him doing at Clemson. Mostly it was he and Dodd going full out upfield every play. Best 1/2 punch in college ball last year.

Edited by Webster Guy