Gilmore "O-lay" move on Blount

You can clearly see blount raising his foot like hes going to hurdle him but gilmore pretty much gets out of the way.

what would Antoine Winfield have done there? or Nate Clements in his prime?

Edited by pi2000

This is a silly thread, didn't he end his season last year on a similar play? On that play he decided to shoulder the RB and that didn't end so well. I remember calling him stupid...maybe I'm wrong.

I'm not a Gilmore defender but you need to be fair, he sucks at tackling...don't get yourself hurt on a needless tackle.

This is a silly thread, didn't he end his season last year on a similar play? On that play he decided to shoulder the RB and that didn't end so well. I remember calling him stupid...maybe I'm wrong.

I'm not a Gilmore defender but you need to be fair, he sucks at tackling...don't get yourself hurt on a needless tackle.

On that hit last year he didn't get low enough... he doesn't tackle well.

what would Antoine Winfield have done there? or Nate Clements in his prime?

I dont know. How many times did those guys have to tackle a 250-260lb running back attempting to hurdle them? He's a taller, more muscular version of Jerome Bettis. He whiffed. Cut him. 🙄

I dont know. How many times did those guys have to tackle a 250-260lb running back attempting to hurdle them? He's a taller, more muscular version of Jerome Bettis. He whiffed. Cut him.

I'm not criticizing Gilmore's play at all outside of this tackle attempt. He needed to wrap the guys legs up to trip him up or something. He definitely whiffed on the tackle though.

Edit: If you slow it down to .25 speed on youtube, it looks much worse too.

Not a huge deal. We still won, and hopefully he will be coached up on what to do in that scenario.

Edited by What a Tuel

I'm not criticizing Gilmore's play at all outside of this tackle attempt. He needed to wrap the guys legs up to trip him up or something. He definitely whiffed on the tackle though.

Edit: If you slow it down to .25 speed on youtube, it looks much worse too.

Not a huge deal. We still won, and hopefully he will be coached up on what to do in that scenario.

Fair enough. All im saying is that a player tried going low on Blount either las week or the prior week and he completely hurdled him and the defender still missed. You can see blount starting to lift his leg but gilmore isnt going low hes kinda just standing there. So hes lifitng his cleets and gilmores like im out of here lol. Blount charging gilmore 1v1 gilmore is going to lose 9/10. It is what it is.

You can clearly see blount raising his foot like hes going to hurdle him but gilmore pretty much gets out of the way.

Yeah it looked like he was planning to karate kick him in the groin or something. I might have gotten out of the way too at that point in the game.

Yeah it looked like he was planning to karate kick him in the groin or something. I might have gotten out of the way too at that point in the game.

HAHA. Thats pretty much how I see it. It would be different if Blount is going in lowering his shoulder and Gilmore backs off but Blount is kinda going in karate style. Weird looking play. Not a typical whiff in my opinion.

Trying to find the clip but google is failing me, and the NFL doesn't usually release injury videos by themselves. I think it was against the Houston Texans in December

Yeah if you do please post it. My memory isn't great but I remember it being a needless hit.

I cannot believe any one is defening Gilmore here. He has been in the league long enough to effectively tackle. But he doesn't. He has ALWAYs left it another player when tackling runners.

I loathe him, have loathed him for this kitty style of play. Even Seymour tackles better. Leodis tackled Much better.

And this just in , when playing zone you either tackle or VERY strongly redirect the play out of bounds.

I would be ashamed to watch that if i were her.

And that is why you are not getting 11 million dollars perhaps?

Edited by 3rdand12

I cannot believe any one is defening Gilmore here. He has been in the league long enough to effectively tackle. But he doesn't. He has ALWAYs left it another player when tackling runners.

I loathe him, have loathed him for this kitty style of play. Even Seymour tackles better. Leodis tackled Much better.

And this just in , when playing zone you either tackle or VERY strongly redirect the play out of bounds.

I would be ashamed to watch that if i were her.

And that why you are not getting 11 million dollars perhaps?

LOL. Tell us how you really feel.

Gilmore on another team would be an "elite" corner but on the Bills you hate him. Sounds about right. Funny you mentioned Leodis, bc when he was here he could never do anything right by bills fans.

Edited by bobobonators

Game was pretty much over at that point. Blount wasn't going far anyway. Gilmore had a great game overall so I'm not complaining. It didn't look good, but it isn't a surprise. The man is in a contract year. He's not going to take unnecessary punishment.