Cam Newton Excuse Thread 2016

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this is a lame thread. You must a be Tide loyalist. The Panthers have been a playoff team since getting Newton. I guess he screamed bust when he broke Payton Manning's rookie passing records

They've made the playoffs 3 out of his 6 years, once with a losing record.The Panthers have finished with a losing record 4 out of the 6 years Cam has been there. In no way does your statement reflect the truth.

yes the Panthers were so much better with Brian St. Pierre and Jimmy Clausen. Who could forget?

Never said they were. Where did you come up with that? I simply responded to you saying the Panthers were a playoff team since getting Cam. While they have made it 50% of the time, they have also had losing seasons 66% of the time. Making the playoffs with a losing record should never happen.

Or without Cams 35 Td's and MVP trophy.

or without

Or without Cams 35 Td's and MVP trophy.

or without jake delhomme whom led them as far as cameron did... because...ya know, when we're making baseless ridiculous statements like below, well... just remember...

yes the Panthers were so much better with Brian St. Pierre and Jimmy Clausen. Who could forget?

...that clausen and st pierre were never starters for that team, but this is totes mcgoats awesome...

...needless to say...

...defense was the reason they reached the championship game.

...newton sure helped, but went down faster than george michael in a london bathroom.

Never said they were. Where did you come up with that? I simply responded to you saying the Panthers were a playoff team since getting Cam. While they have made it 50% of the time, they have also had losing seasons 66% of the time. Making the playoffs with a losing record should never happen.

his point was completely unrelated to cam newton and the panthers, as both of those qb's were backups.

clausen eventually started, but not an entire season, for a few games in 2010.

aj feeley and others were prior and post delhomme.

In the entire history of the NFL probably 35 to 40 QB's have made the super bowl. Why does he need an excuse for anything?

59, including legends David Woodley, Rex Grossman and Vince Ferragamo.

I love this thread. Newton leads the league in hype/performance ratio.

or without

or without jake delhomme whom led them as far as cameron did... because...ya know, when we're making baseless ridiculous statements like below, well... just remember...

...that clausen and st pierre were never starters for that team, but this is totes mcgoats awesome...

...needless to say...

...newton sure helped, but went down faster than george michael in a london bathroom.

his point was completely unrelated to cam newton and the panthers, as both of those qb's were backups.

Clauses and St. Pierre were BOTH starters for the Panthers.

St. Pierre is the perennial punchline to many jokes here on local sports talk radio.

Also, " Boy, I'm glad we have TT and not Cam!!! Love me some 7-9 !!!"

Clauses and St. Pierre were BOTH starters for the Panthers.

St. Pierre is the perennial punchline to many jokes here on local sports talk radio.

Also, " Boy, I'm glad we have TT and not Cam!!! Love me some 7-9 !!!"

clauses never started a game for the panthers, ever. I just looked.

Disirregardless of your misspelled word, he was not the legitimate starter. Their own Ryan Fitzpatrick who was named matt Moore was to be the starter. St Pierre was a high draft pick who started a handful of games, just like Clausen. Your wildly inaccurate portrayal of the history of Carolina qb is hilariously rewritten to fit your narrative. Scouts said Clausen would succeed and st Pierre was the small school star poised to one day start after grooming for a couple years on the bench.

Cam Newton will never win the panthers a super bowl. They're scrrwed for 2017 with no defense and keuchly being one hit away from dropping 50 points on an IQ scale

20 K passing yards and 3 K rushing yards in 6 seasons. Also his team's best RB.

individual merits and participation trophies, yep. Boys got a lot.

But, I'm sure he'd trade them all for a ring. Actually, I doubt it. The guy is a diva who loves him some him. He's a weak little snowflake

Uh.....Jimmy Clausen started 10 games in 2010 when he was drafted.

I remember it well because there was talk of the Bills taking him and Mel was talking him up big time and I was bummed at the time the Bills didn't pick him.

Then I watched the suckfest that was the Panthers 2-14 season and I was relieved we didn't take him.

Also, St.Pierre was called up OFF THE STREET to start ONE!!! game . Marijuana, it's not just for breakfast anymore🤔😵

or without

...needless to say...

If Defense is what gets teams there then why didn't we go with Schwartz's D.

Also, the Panther's D kept giving away lead after lead in the SB season. Leads that Cam and the O kept giving them.

Not sure why the hatred but Cam is better that any QB the Bills have had since Bledsoe first year with us.

Edited by Buffalo Boy

Uh.....Jimmy Clausen started 10 games in 2010 when he was drafted.

i don't think it was ten, despite checking that is what stats show. looking at game logs, i only counted 6 and 7, depending on source. wikipedia, the joke of all sources also shows game lots showing 6, i think it was

ember it well because there was talk of the Bills taking him and Mel was talking him up big time and I was bummed at the time the Bills didn't pick him.
Then I watched the suckfest that was the Panthers 2-14 season and I was relieved we didn't take him.
Also, St.Pierre was called up OFF THE STREET to start ONE!!! game . Marijuana, it's not just for breakfast anymore
ok, go buy your cam newton jersey, learn a little bit more about how hilarious it is that you mention me and pot.

If Defense is what gets teams there then why didn't we go with Schwartz's D.
what the hell does this mean? defense doesn't do it all in the championships. carolina was a flawed team beating arizona, etc. and i am pretty sure if we got in the playoffs that year we could have succeeded. carolina had a great ol, a decent run game, a top defense. with schwartz, we did not have a defense as good as carolina's.

Also, the Panther's D kept giving away lead after lead in the SB season. Leads that Cam and the O kept giving them.

this is also a fallacy. the panthers of 2015 were the bills of 90. the offense couldn't control the ball, posses it, and the dfeense got tired. their coverage could be picked apart and ron rivera is a moron with their defense. they went to zone coverage, prevent, etc and let defenses come back in. they had no ability to rush the passer when teams went to heavy passing games, and had terrible safeties.

newton's huge lead he would get them to was generall halted by the second half. they started out strong and crapped out. i can't explain that one, because its not like they suddenly had a switch come on with the 2nd half... but teams abused carolina more so than the hype showed them. they played a soft ass schedule ,too.
Not sure why the hatred but Cam is better that any QB the Bills have had since Bledsoe first year with us.

this does not have to be mutually exclusive. why do we need to say cam newton is good because the bills have a bad qb? that's logic that might work on bbmb, but that's ridiculous.

anyway, i'll bet you $100 he never wins a super bowl by 2026. i think that is fair to say. if i die first, let those whom do my will (if i ever write one) give you $100.

Hey do the Panthers have a "Tyrod excuse thread"?

Or is it only teams with no franchise QB?

i so want to join that site and start that thread.

they hate me there because i would go there and talk football about them since i end up seeing so much panther stuff. they never liked my dose of reality.