Jerry Hughes reportedly #2 in NFL in pressures

Rubes

Sam Monson @PFF_Sam
Aaron Donald leads the entire league with 17 total pressures...yet to notch a sack.

Sam DeFilipps @SDeFilipps
@PFF_Sam How many pressures does Jerry Hughes have ?

Sam Monson @PFF_Sam

Not bad considering he hasn't had Mario or Dareus attracting attention away from him...

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sam Monson @PFF_Sam

Aaron Donald leads the entire league with 17 total pressures...yet to notch a sack.

Sam DeFilipps @SDeFilipps

@PFF_Sam How many pressures does Jerry Hughes have ?

Sam Monson @PFF_Sam

Not bad considering he hasn't had Mario or Dareus attracting attention away from him...

He's been the best Bills' player on the field in all 3 games

He's been the best Bills' player on the field in all 3 games

Absolutely. Hughes has been playing out of his mind. It's great to see his effort and intensity have only increased after getting the big extension. I still think the whole Jets game goes differently if he doesn't bite his tongue on that one play. With him out, it just stagnated what little pressure they had been generating on Fitz.

Absolutely. Hughes has been playing out of his mind. It's great to see his effort and intensity have only increased after getting the big extension. I still think the whole Jets game goes differently if he doesn't bite his tongue on that one play. With him out, it just stagnated what little pressure they had been generating on Fitz.

Not sure about that last point; he only missed 5 snaps against the Jets

If I'm an NFL GM, I'm always calling Indy for trades. What a steal.

I was thrilled when I found out. I loved Hughes at TCU and thought he'd be a good fit in Indy bookended with Freeney. Thought Sheppard was very average at LSU. But people seemed kind of hyped on him. Can't wait to see this front with Dareus and Shaq in the mix.

-272.15 oC

:lol::lol:

Not sure about that last point; he only missed 5 snaps against the Jets

It's overly wishful thinking of course, perhaps delusional is a better adjective.

Still, in my eyes he wasn't the same when he came back in. Watching that first quarter again he was getting pressure despite the ridiculously bad game plan deployed by Rex. Then, suddenly, it stopped. I can't help but wonder if that injury didn't slow him down more than it might seem.

I was thrilled when I found out. I loved Hughes at TCU and thought he'd be a good fit in Indy bookended with Freeney. Thought Sheppard was very average at LSU. But people seemed kind of hyped on him. Can't wait to see this front with Dareus and Shaq in the mix.

If we can just find a way to stay in the mix until both of them are up to speed, it could be very fun to watch.

If we can just find a way to stay in the mix until both of them are up to speed, it could be very fun to watch.

Yup. Can't wait to see it in action. If the Bills can find a way to win this week, and if Shaq is anywhere close to as good as his billing, then there's a chance we can turn a negative into a huge positive. Even though it's stunk to have MD and SL out, it's given playing time to the other guys on the front like Douzable and Worthy, that will only improve the DL rotation and make the defense that much harder to prepare for.

That kind of experience and cohesion along the DL could lead to a dominant second half of the season for that unit.

Dareus better be ready when he comes back... I don't want any !@#$ing rust. Kyle and Jerry are beasting right now.

They are for sure. I underestimated the impact of losing KW had on the defense last year. I'm now remembering what kind of animal he is. I hope he can remain healthy this year. *knock on wood.