The Bills Won Today because You....

I finally have one this week. My 17 year old son took his younger brother, and a friend of his who had never seen a Bills game before in his 17 years on this planet, to Buffalo Wild Wings for the game. It was the first time my sons had gone out to watch a game as well. Lots of firsts!

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Skipped the game -though I set it to record and went for a hike with my wife on a beautiful autumn afternoon. I finally peeked at the score at the end of my hike and saw Bills were up 23-7 on Carpenters missed PAT. Put my phone back in my pocket and hoped for the best as we drove home. I peeked once more when we got home and it was 30-16 with 6 minutes left so I didn't turn on the TV until I saw Bills made a FG. Thought it was safe so turned on the game with 4 minutes left to see Cory Graham's interception and subsequent safety. I held my breath as my wife and I watched the end of the game, but think I should miss live football on TV the rest of the season and enjoy the beautiful weather we're having in New England. Go Bills!

Drove 3 hours to and from the game with my Dad, who introduced me to Bills football in the late 80's when I was a very young kid. Expected nothing, got everything, including seeing the afterburner of the Air Force jets during the flyover. Totally awesome game.

And, I had Johnson as my RB in fantasy, while the guy I played had Carson Palmer. He will still beat me though :(. I also started the AZ D. But didn't care at all as they were getting driven all over the field by Shady!!!

Also, our punter was awful. Perhaps a good sign. Usually we have a great punter and terrible team. I'll take the inverse.

Instead of making burgers and fries or ordering pizza delivery like the last 2 games, I went to the local pizza place right after our 1st td and ordered a Sicilian slice cold, drove the 10 block back home like my life depended on it and heated it up in the toaster over. Also wrote a few rhymes during the game. They had alot of :censored: . But we won so F!@#$ it!

Edited by Marty McFly

Wow; I am not sure I would have the courage to do that. Now that is really taking one for the team.

If you get in the stadium 45 min or so before kickoff, and go to the outer-concourse restrooms, the stalls are actually quite clean.

I'm not saying that it's an altogether pleasant experience, but a man's gotta do, ya know?

The Bills won because I came to my first game since 1999. I left Buffalo and moved to Youngstown, Ohio in 1989 but kept my season tickets until 1996, so I made the six hour round trip eight times a year from '89 to '96, which I believe was instrumental to their Super Bowl runs. I also believe that they didn't win any of those Super Bowls because I couldn't go to any of them.

So if anyone wants to pay for my expenses this year, I'll be happy to come to the rest of them! lol

BTW - The team has done a great job of keeping the stadium up to date. I don't see any reason to build a new one. And still LOUD as ever!

Edited by gobillsinytown

If you get in the stadium 45 min or so before kickoff, and go to the outer-concourse restrooms, the stalls are actually quite clean.

I'm not saying that it's an altogether pleasant experience, but a man's gotta do, ya know?

I have been going to that stadium since they started playing games there, and i have never been brave enough to have a constitutional at the stadium, not had i known anyone that had. But my buddy did last year...and was quite surprised by the cleanliness of the head. So make sure you have plenty of cabbage and Genny the night before games now. Question is what is the equivalent for an away game????

Next Sunday at 12.15, i say you head to local park or beach and hit one the public heads there!

It was the 2nd game that my Wife has come with me to the game.

1st: Home Opener 2015 vs the Colts (did not expect the Bills to win.

I told her on the way home the bad news is that she will have to start coming to all the games, as they seem to blow out their opponents on games they were not predicted to win.

My oldest son found a 1999 Upper deck hologram card of Doug Flutie at the flea market. He of course gave it to me as I have been unable to inflict this curse upon my children that my father gave me.

I promptly propped the card up in front of Billy, my Buffalo Bills gnome who watches every game. Billy obviously obtained power from this somehow.