Week 4: Patriots' Game Preparation - Inactives Announced

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pats QBs Brissett & Garoppolo questionable

New England’s quarterbacks Jacoby Brissett and Jimmy Garoppolo are both listed as questionable for Sunday’s game against the Bills.

Both signal callers were again limited in practice Friday. Most national reports are indicating that Brissett will start at quarterback Sunday. Some media outlets are reporting that Garoppolo has a second degree shoulder separation in Weeks 2 against Miami.

I find the Watkins-Spiller comparisons absurd and don't understand why CJ continues to be labeled as 'high talent, high upside.' He went to the same system that made Reggie Bush look like a valuable asset and fell on his face and is now a midseason free agent.

I don't see all this talent with CJ, I see a guy who is really fast and really quick with no power, no moves and no instinct. His elusiveness was incredibly overrated- when he was one on one with a defender in space he almost always was tackled or driven out of bounds. Fred Jackson was far more elusive than Spiller ever was. A waterbug who doesn't learn to block and can't make people miss is virtually useless even when fully healthy. Spiller is the TJ Graham of running backs, bringing no strong attributes to the table other than physical speed.

The 2015 Chiefs game is a microcosm for Sammy's young career. He spent the first half burning double coverage to the tune of 6 catches for 158 yards and 2 TDs, and the Bills led at halftime on the road over an eventual playoff team. In the second half the Bills targeted him only once for zero catches and lost the game.

If you want to make the case Sammy is as pedestrian as someone like Spiller who can't stay on an NFL roster you'll need more than raw reception and yardage numbers. Those numbers don't account for the Bills' refusal to throw him the ball against the Chiefs, their refusal to throw him the ball when he spends his afternoon roasting Darrelle Revis, or when he burns the Ravens all day (injury and all). Check out the A22's throughout this guy's career-- it turns out he eats the lunch of any cornerback who is put in front of him.

He outclassed Antonio Brown, Odell Beckham and the rest of the league on a per-target basis. Its a dependent position and the Bills have done a sorry job of getting this phenomenal talent the rock and the A22 proves it. Its one of the main reasons Greg Roman now spends Sundays on his couch. I thought everyone knew this already but raw numbers simply do not tell the entire story in every single case. Please explain how a pedestrian talent is always open no matter what the defense does.

I'm not talking about the injuries or the trade to get Watkins, only saying there's a canyon separating the ability levels of Watkins and Spiller.

simply put, the comparison is absurd.

And you have pointedly derived the issue for me with Bills and Watkins. WTF have they not thrown to him every play til he pukes. I mean this very sincerely. Maybe was the best playmaker on the team as soon as he was drafted.

This whole thing of not getting the ball in his hands weirds me out.

What did he do at Clemson? That type of play calling has yet to happen here. Not even tried it !!!

Let's be honest for a change. This team is talent deficient on offense. Now it's more so. Burn it down, start over.

I have no idea why you would think burn it down start over. None.

and even if i did, what would you do ? Dump the roster?

The Coaches from top to bottom?

Or maybe the Training staff has gotten under your skin.

I can't believe how soft and pathetic Bills fans have become.

Big game this weekend against the Pats. We just came off a nice win, yet everyone wants to protect their little egos by predicting doom and gloom! I get being realistic and analytic, but lets rally around the team, and have some fun!

Big game this weekend against the Pats. We just came off a nice win, yet everyone wants to protect their little egos by predicting doom and gloom! I get being realistic and analytic, but lets rally around the team, and have some fun!

Huzzah!!

Damn millennials

This beers for you breh! welcome to the clan :ph34r:

:beer:

GO BILLS! BRISCETT AND JG CAN GO SIT ON A BROOMSTICK! HIT EM TILL THEY SEE GHOSTS AND THROW PICKS!

Damn millennials

Hey man some of us gotta keep the positive energy alive here!

:thumbsup:

simply put, the comparison is absurd.

And you have pointedly derived the issue for me with Bills and Watkins. WTF have they not thrown to him every play til he pukes. I mean this very sincerely. Maybe was the best playmaker on the team as soon as he was drafted.

This whole thing of not getting the ball in his hands weirds me out.

What did he do at Clemson? That type of play calling has yet to happen here. Not even tried it !!!

It is frustrating. I would've liked to see Anthony Lynn get a shot as a lot of the chirping after he took over centered around getting the ball to the playmakers.