Tom Coughlin was at the stadium

BuffaloPride

Interesting. So maybe Coughlin decided the organization was too much of a dumpster fire to be part of? I know I will catch some heat for this comment, but it's exactly how I interpret it.

According to Tom himself(see video below) the Pegulas broke things off. It sure sounds like Tom was interested and he and Rex thought the meeting went really well. Soooooooooooo close! :doh:

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just so we can start the conspiracies (and complaining) asap....

Coughlin was a RB/WR from 1964 to 1967 at... Syracuse

His first coaching job was at... Syracuse

This Saturday he was on the sidelines for... Syracuse

Tom Coughlin is a Russ Brandon hire.

Start hating, folks.

The links don't work for me. Sorry.

Odd, link you copied didn't work, but original post did. Basically, no one tells the truth. It's not just us. Coughlin and agent fibbed about meeting, and we are not the only team to act this way. Every little thing doesn't need to be public.

I think it is good to get someone like Coughlin in the Owners' box soon enough (perhaps next offseason?). The issue is with the GM and coach. Unless they are struggling and the ship is going down, power struggles could really derail a successful campaign. The way this year plays out will have a lot of impact on Rex and Whaley.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/watch-tom-coughlin-says-beckham-is-a-distraction-confirms-bills-meeting/

No mention of Whaley anywhere....Confirms to me that Ryan has more say in the team than our GM

Could be Whaley who expressed "discomfort" with Coughlin having a role that caused the Pegulas to reconsider.

So in the end, all those reports that he was at the stadium two weeks ago to discuss the Bills job were false.

Maybe, or maybe not. If (according to some on this board) John Clayton can "literally make things up" -- that is, lie --, then perhaps the Coughlin camp and others could engage in the same behavior. Or maybe everybody is right and Coughlin wants to be the next head coach at Alabama. Who knows.

Edited by BuffaloPowerEye

Its that type of thinking that gets us the modern Twitter-ESPN rumor mill circlejerk. So hungry to break a story, grab a headline, go viral... they sacrifice facts and integrity.

Maybe someone can shine the JW Bat Signal and get his thoughts? I'm not saying get all your stories from TBD. But just being aware that sometimes someone knows somebody who knows something and spills the beans here. It has happened.

Maybe, or maybe not. If (according to some on this board) John Clayton can "literally make things up" -- that is, lie --, then perhaps the Coughlin camp and others could engage in the same behavior. Or maybe everybody is right and Coughlin wants to be the next head coach at Alabama. Who knows.

Or they were completely separate meetings - Coughlin met with Bills in the spring about a possible role and then again two weeks ago in his capacity with the NFL.