New "Simplified Offense"

DirtDart

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Never kiss and tell.

Thing is , in that game .500 is a pretty decent average.

On any Sunday my Friend !

:beer:

Sounds like the Nate Hackett offence to me.

Little Nate.
His run till he pukes offense never had him run till he puked. he just got winded lols

They have all said the same thing, but here's to hope.

Simplified offense means simplified for the opponents defense. Crushed,nuff said.

Have any of you guys who don't believe in a simplified offense ever played football on any level whether high school level, college or beyond? Just curious.

Have any of you guys who don't believe in a simplified offense ever played football on any level whether high school level, college or beyond? Just curious.

Yes I have played higher level football. And simplifing after two games is not a good sign.

Is staying with something that is having minimal success a good sign?

No it is not. But was Roman the root cause? Was it a limited QB? Maybe a HC philosophy?

What I can tell you is 18 games of All-22 I have watched and there were players open ALOT.

There was alot of plays left on the field. So just be careful when you are buying OBD spin on "how bad Romans offense was"

Bills Kim gun ran 10 plays. Their run game was counter right and left. If simple means multiple WR screens a game which require no read I'm all for it. Just get the ball to Sammy, Clay, and McCoy

In the EARLY 90s. 26 years ago. Guess what NFL changed

No it is not. But was Roman the root cause? Was it a limited QB? Maybe a HC philosophy?

What I can tell you is 18 games of All-22 I have watched and there were players open ALOT.

There was alot of plays left on the field. So just be careful when you are buying OBD spin on "how bad Romans offense was"

Yes and yes.

There is no doubt TT is a limited player who doesn't use the entire field.

Was Roman the root cause of this? Obviously not. Did he take the necessary steps to correct this? Who knows...My lame-ass hypothesis is that he knew his QB was limited, and he game-planned around it to bad results (this season, at least). Depending on who you ask, that's either on him or TT.

Considering Whaley's entire career is wrapped up in the Watkins trade, we can assume Roman had almost no support from the FO.

Sadly, Roman's firing probably has less to do with the actual football being played, and more with the self-preservation tactics of a misguided football operation.

Edited by stony

You want the Bills to take a 1st round RB? Yeah! Good answer!

I don't trust any spread QB in the first round as they need time to learn the game.

McCaffrey is a unique talent comparable to Marshall Faulk and so he is just not some running back but can be a slot receiver and catch out of the backfield along with kick and punt returns.

Which in Buffalo were all hoping means "What Would Jimbo Do!?!"

suit up again after seeing our dismal QBs