A franchise QB covers up for so many shortcomings...

LabattBlue

- Makes the HC and OC look better

- Can put up huge numbers of points on a day when the defense isn't playing well

- Makes his WR's look good

- A few bad zebra calls. No problem...I'll just complete a big pass on 3rd and forever

- Game on the line late in the 4th quarter...here's another comeback

Until we have a franchise QB, this 5-11, 6-10, 7-9, 8-8, 9-7 crap will continue no matter how many times they change coaches, players, GM's, team presidents, etc...

Until we have a franchise QB, this 5-11, 6-10, 7-9, 8-8, 9-7 crap will continue no matter how many times they change coaches, players, GM's, team presidents, etc...

Okay. A not unpopular opinion around here. But then what?

Keep going to games? Keep buying gear?

Actually stop watching?

Me, I have been following since 88. I have been detached last year and this year. I cancelled cable TV this year (g'bye NFLN and ESPN and RedZone). I found another team in another sport on another continent to follow, since I cant root for any other american team. I'm so bad that it wasnt until this Tuesday that I actually realized the Bills play on Thursday night.

Buffalo born and raised. And I remember when being a fan was actually . . . fun. Otherwise, in the greater scheme, what's the point?

Fool me 15 times, shame on me. As I approach 50, I realize that every hour is precious.

Your plan?

Edited by maddenboy

- Can put up huge numbers of points on a day when the defense isn't playing well

- A few bad zebra calls. No problem...I'll just complete a big pass on 3rd and forever

I'm not sure why TT doesn't ignore the radio and just run the offense in the hurry-up. Roman is so slow he should be a supervisor at the DMV. Wait, I apologize. That's insulting to DMV supervisors.

It's no longer Tyrod time....unfortunately, the common denominator is front office personnel decisions. We can blame these remedial players, as they are a "byproduct" of Doug Whaley's poor draft picks. He hung his hat on EJ and now Tyrod with a half-ass committed $90MILL contract.

It is plain and simple- "gut" the front office and coaching organization like the Sabres did and put in a solid GM who can effectively draft quality players. It starts with a franchise QB (not EJ or Tyrod).

Hiring Rexy who wanted to make us a "bully" was never a good move in the first place. He is a Defensive Coordinator at best in the NCAA. Rexy has an undisciplined team full of suspensions and penalties. Good teams just don't put up with these violations...

Maybe the average Bills fan's expectations are so low over the past 16 years, that Rexy could be "sold" as the next big thing. Time to move on from Rexy, Whaley, and Brandon.

Time for some wholesale changes this year! Wake up Peguals...

Moves the chains so your stretched, tired defense isn't constantly trotting back on the field.

A franchise QB still needs a good team around him. Take a look at the mess that is Atlanta, NY Giants, New Orleans over the past few years. They all have what are considered to be franchise type QBs . But because the team around them is not well balanced, they have sucked even worse than the Bills over the past few seasons.

Go on... tell us who...

To no effect.

Point is, fandom should actually provide a benefit to the fan. Team doesnt have to go 16-0 every year, but there should be . . . fun.

I've watched that other team 7-8 times. And its actually fun. I was almost ashamed of how much fun. Then I realized how dead the Bills have made me. And since I cant root for any team in any American sport, . . .

----

(I dont mean this as a "cry cry" post. I mean it to remind us that there are alternatives. You only live once. Fandom should be fun. Beyond the "fun" of talking junk on a message board 7 days per week. Not that that isnt funnish, but the Bills havent given us joy in 20 years. Fool me 15 times, shame on me.)

Edited by maddenboy

Okay. A not unpopular opinion around here. But then what?

Keep going to games? Keep buying gear?

Actually stop watching?

Me, I have been following since 88. I have been detached last year and this year. I cancelled cable TV this year (g'bye NFLN and ESPN and RedZone). I found another team in another sport on another continent to follow, since I cant root for any other american team. I'm so bad that it wasnt until this Tuesday that I actually realized the Bills play on Thursday night.

Fool me 15 times, shame on me. As I approach 50, I realize that every hour is precious.

Your plan?

I had already committed to friends and family to play in several cash fantasy football leagues this year or I would do the exact same. My intention now is to cut satellite TV as soon as football is over this year (ESPN and the networks have become cesspools and every other cable show is some personality driven reality show), and if the NFL doesn't get its act together on several issues I'll be letting my fandom become very casual and by that I mean no more memorabilia and MAYBE streaming 550 AM on gameday. Thats it. You and I are about the same age, I just started on the Bills train earlier than you did (44 and possibly my last year) but looks like we may be getting off at the same stop.

To no effect.

Point is, fandom should actually provide a benefit to the fan. Team doesnt have to go 16-0 every year, but there should be . . . fun.

I've watched that other team 7-8 times. And its actually fun. I was almost ashamed of how much fun. Then I realized how dead the Bills have made me. And since I cant root for any team in any American sport, . . .

I am interested.