Mehta says we're all a bunch of "dopes"

DrDawkinstein

Bills fans are dopes for putting Rex Ryan on the hot seat in his second season

But at least he doesnt think we're as bad as Doug Marrone. Wow!

On Doug Marrone:

...The crazies have curiously channeled their frustration at a man who embraced them after his power-hungry, condescending, uninspiring predecessor left....

...He welcomed heroes of the past like Jim Kelly and Thurman Thomas, who felt alienated at times by a previous regime led by a glorified offensive line coach....

...Or maybe they’d prefer Doug Marrone return, steal more of the owner’s money and abandon them all over again.

Wonder what really happened between Mehta and Marrone...

Edited by DrDareustein

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bills fans are dopes for putting Rex Ryan on the hot seat in his second season

But at least he doesnt think we're as bad as Doug Marrone. Wow!

On Doug Marrone:

Wonder what really happened between Mehta and Marrone...

He is 100% right about Marrone and 75% wrong about Rex.

Shouldn't a coach actually produce some results to deserve to stay on the fans good side? Rex is a good dude and loyal,and that is big. The problem is that the game has passed him by schematically and even before it did he had the poor organizational,skills which linger on.

and the excuses for Rex have begun. Jeremy White has been beating the drum that a Rex Ryan Coach of the year bet is a great bet precisely because of articles like this.

Poor Rex, how can he be expected to win? The freaking Pats just won without their 3 best players and both starting tackles(not included in 3 best players) ...just hand coach of the year, decade, and history to the hoodie...coached circles around this guy

I still believe in Rex. I'm more patient than others and think we need to stay the course. Marvin Lewis can be our blueprint. His playoff issues aside, his teams are consistently good now. Turnover sets franchises back several years.

Marrone bailed on us and our city.

Mularkey same thing.

Rex is all about Buff. Wants to win for us, bring the Bills back to relevance. I know he ain't perfect but god I'd hate to start all over again. That's why we're on 16.

Edited by r00tabaga

Rex puts himself on the hot seat w his big mouth and empty promises. If he was a normal coach n kept his mouth shut he wouldnt be on the hot seat. Just like Whaley wouldnt be on the hot seat w out his head scratching moves.

1. Fighting out in the open w your coach

2. Trading way to much for a wr in the draft.

3. Cutting fred jackson the most beloved player on the team when he was still productive.

4. Swearing to anyone who would listen he drafted EJ and he was in fact a franchise QB.

5. Cutting a starting FB that cost alot of $ to do so only to run back to him 1 week later.

To name a few.

Rex puts himself on the hot seat w his big mouth and empty promises. If he was a normal coach n kept his mouth shut he wouldnt be on the hot seat. Just like Whaley wouldnt be on the hot seat w out his head scratching moves.

3. Cutting fred jackson the most beloved player on the team when he was still productive.

4. Swearing to anyone who would listen he drafted EJ and he was in fact a franchise QB.

5. Cutting a starting FB that cost alot of $ to do so only to run back to him 1 week later.

To name a few.

3. Love Fred but he was kicked. Where is he now? One year later.

5. Felton saved the team money by not having a guaranteed contract.

1 fighting with Marrone ; good for him

2 gave up a first round pick in an extremely weak draft.

3 I love feed but we was shot. Didn't get an invite by any team this year

4 Ej has all the tools of a Franchise qb . The parts did t come together that happens more then it works out

5 cutting the full back saved the team 2 million in real money

for the record, it is not just the fans putting him on the hot seat. Several of the shows on ESPN and NFLN talked about his job being in jeopardy already this week.

That comes from our constantly negative local media. They continually stoke the replace the coach and GM fire, then whine because the team doesn't make the playoffs. Continuity is a necessity for success. You change the coaching staff, who in turn changes the schemes which takes you back to the beginning.

To name a few.

2. How do you know he spent way to much for Watkins when his career is still in it's infancy? is it because the clowns who write for the papers say so? If he turns out to be a bust then you are right, but if he turns out to be a HOF'er then you and the media clowns will be the fools not him. It's way to early to cross that bridge yet.

3. I hated to see Freddy go but the truth of the matter is there were more productive players ahead of him. This is the NFL not the lonely hearts club.

4. ​I don't recall hearing him swearing he drafted EJ( IIRC Nix was the GM at the time) I will admit that he has been on record for defending the choice.

5. I believe Jerome Felton missed more blocks than anyone else in the league. They brought him back out of desperation. They thought Gronk could handle the job but he couldn't. In case you didn't notice Bellicheat makes mistakes too.

To name a few.

He should've cut Fred earlier, that was the mistake. And how does releasing a fullback have anything to do with the quality of a gm??