Why are people hung up on Ravens 5-11 record last year?

GG

This is not a thread to defend how poorly the Bills played today.

But it's a total disservice to the Ravens to think that 5-11 is representative of actually how good this team is. There was a valid reason for the 5-11 record, when they had the worst injury record in the NFL last year including down to their 3rd & 4th string QBs by the end.

For a better perspective, they appear to be more talented than the team that had an impressive playoff run in 2014.

Edited by GG

But it's a total disservice to the Ravens to think that 5-11 is representative of actually how good this team is. There was a valid reason for the 5-11 record, when they had the worst injury record in the NFL last year including down to their 3rd & 4th string QBs by the end.

For a better perspective, they appear to be more talented than the team that had an impressive playoff run in 2014.

I've seen three or four posts like that today ("but the Ravens were 5-11")

Thanks for bringing this out. No Terrell Suggs last year. No Flacco for many games. No Perriman. No Smith Sr.

They are not an elite team by any stretch. Well coached, decent defense (although Bills made them look all world) and Flacco. No real RB or WR threat, just don't see them doing much better than 8-8 this year.

They seem to have better personnel than the team that went 10-6 in 2014 in a very tough division. They will definitely compete for the division title.

They seem to have better personnel than the team that went 10-6 in 2014 in a very tough division. They will definitely compete for the division title.

Just my 2 cents...I don't think they compete for the division at all. It is a two team battle between the Bengals and Steelers.

Absolutely. Ravens at home are very tough, and in the home opener at that. I had this game as an L as soon as I saw the schedule. True, the Bills could've won this game, but I've seen much better teams than them fail here.

Absolutely. Ravens at home are very tough, and in the home opener at that. I had this game as an L as soon as I saw the schedule. True, the Bills could've won this game, but I've seen much better teams than them fail here.

They posted a whole bunch of stats on the scoreboard during the game about the ravens incredible home record since 2008? and a variety of other stats at home.

Last year baltimoRe had a ton of I juries and a poor start.

They starTed 1-6 and 4'8 with all the games one score games with many of them coming down to the last few minutes of the game. They easily could have gone 8-4 instead of 4-8 and been in the wildcard hunt last year.

Last year baltimoRe had a ton of I juries and a poor start.

They starTed 1-6 and 4'8 with all the games one score games with many of them coming down to the last few minutes of the game. They easily could have gone 8-4 instead of 4-8 and been in the wildcard hunt last year.

PWI