Expectations?

OldTimer1960

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know what you mean. Just took my first sip. First game of the season has never agreed with me. Tend to over-do it.

i had been having difficulty getting excited for the season, in the past few days it has been ramping up. and now i am downright giddy! sweet jeebus i am ready to sing the shout song!

I expect a significant leap forward from the defense. No excuses for this unit this year. They need to set the tone early and prove that they are elite.

On offense, I expect to see better redzone/3rd down performance. This unit has a bunch of stars and they performed admirably last year but they certainly have no room for complacency. I want to see improvement.

On special teams, I do not want to see easy missed extra points or FGs. I want to see kick coverage units making stops. I want to see deep high punts.

Finally, I expect to see fewer penalties. There were way too many boneheaded, unnecessary penalties last year. This needs to end now.

I'm starting to get the jitters also. Might be time to crack a beer.

Amen! Headed to the fridge now. Zubas colored Blue Lite.

Edited by Rockinon

I have been right and wrong about qbs. I am not trying to come off as an expert.

That said, I have lots of faith in Tyrod. I expect him to easily be a top 15 qb by the end of the season. He might already be and I do not think top 10 is out of reach.

I think many underestimate his ability to run. He runs as well as any qb in football imo. The kid can also throw, and he is smart.

I am not at all worried about TT. :)

While you might not be worried about the player. I still am concerned about his protection and the right side of that line.

How many years does it take to fix that right side?

I expect the offense to do its part, and average 27 ppg (+/- 1). It's on the D to improve. A good indicator for making the playoffs is a differential close to 7 ppg, which requires the D to hit around 20, an improvement of 3-4 ppg over last season. In my view, it's all on the Ryans.

Good luck.

Same old story in Bills world. Best time to be a Bills fan is before the regular season starts. Everyone says "this year is different.. Playoffs this year!" There is excitement. But most people that have been through this the last 15 years know deep down that we're going to be losers... Again. Today proved that we have little to look forward to. Yes, the Pats lost an opener to us 31-0 and went on to win a Super Bowl. The difference? They have Belichick and Tom Brady. We have Rex and Tyrod.

Go ahead and blast me for my pessimism, but everything about this team sucks.. fix the management and the coaching and maybe, just maybe the culture may change. Would love nothing more than this organization to prove me wrong. This has seemed like 1 continuous 16 year long season.