Shame on VIC

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just be fair.

You can believe that but the coaches and players know the fans and media expect them to fail because of history. That has an effect. When everyone says you won't succeed no matter what you do or how hard you try, don't be shocked when you get what you wish for.

Ahh, so the fans and media are to blame for the Bills decades long ineptitude. :lol:

And you want the media to be fair? You're more critical of the fans on this board than the media ever has been of the Bills. So by your same rationalization you have caused the fans on this board to be negative because you always believed them to be.

I did. I didn't think it was that bad because I lived through the 2-14 seasons and remember the genuine enthusiasm when Kelly signed. The Bills went 4-12 that season, but the feeling was that the tide had finally turned for the franchise.

That was 30 years ago. There's more of a cautious enthusiasm for this season. Where there was certainty that Kelly was our franchise QB, there's more guarded hope that Taylor will be. Success is dependent on key players with a history of injury staying healthy. And hopefully our coaches, who have been on a downward trend can regain their past success.

30 years ago, leading into the opener, Buffalo was all Kelly all the time. Today, it's more wait and see. I would compare today more closely to Marv Levi's in-season hire. People were happy Bullough was gone, but Marv had a sketchy past, so fans took a wait-and-see approach.

I think that most fans are taking the same approach with '16 Bills. It's not uncontrolled enthusiasm, it's cautious optimism. And if this turns out to be another lost year, at least we have those Deadspin tailgate videos to look forward to.

Ahh, so the fans and media are to blame for the Bills decades long ineptitude. :lol:

And you want the media to be fair? You're more critical of the fans on this board than the media ever has been of the Bills. So by your same rationalization you have caused the fans on this board to be negative because you always believed them to be.

I think only 20% of fans are miserable pricks. But 90% of the media are. But go ahead and make it about me if you want.

The media is a huge reason why we are always having negative connotations around our beloved Bills. I know 16 year drought has a lot to do with it, but shame on VIC for this article.

You're blaming the wrong guy. Its up to the Bills to go on the field and change it. Until then they will get the neg's

I did. I didn't think it was that bad because I lived through the 2-14 seasons and remember the genuine enthusiasm when Kelly signed. The Bills went 4-12 that season, but the feeling was that the tide had finally turned for the franchise.

That was 30 years ago. There's more of a cautious enthusiasm for this season. Where there was certainty that Kelly was our franchise QB, there's more guarded hope that Taylor will be. Success is dependent on key players with a history of injury staying healthy. And hopefully our coaches, who have been on a downward trend can regain their past success.

30 years ago, leading into the opener, Buffalo was all Kelly all the time. Today, it's more wait and see. I would compare today more closely to Marv Levi's in-season hire. People were happy Bullough was gone, but Marv had a sketchy past, so fans took a wait-and-see approach.

I think that most fans are taking the same approach with '16 Bills. It's not uncontrolled enthusiasm, it's cautious optimism. And if this turns out to be another lost year, at least we have those Deadspin tailgate videos to look forward to.

Good summary. I've started as a fan in 1967, have seen a lot

You can't change the facts from the ground. 16 years. Just think about what was going on with you and the world then. Is Vic a victim of the present day negative BN tone? No doubt. But as a poster said in this thread, until they win it won't change. Is it lazy to shoot fish in a barrel when the team seems destined for mediocrity. Yes and no. Truth and time shows everything. Here's hoping they prove everyone, including me, wrong.

fair post

Just be fair.

You can believe that but the coaches and players know the fans and media expect them to fail because of history. That has an effect. When everyone says you won't succeed no matter what you do or how hard you try, don't be shocked when you get what you wish for.

So it's OUR fault we have sixteen years of lousy football? Thanks for clearing that up.

I'll never forgive Vic for this loss.

My name is Dan. Do you know how many people say "Dan the man" to me? Can they think of something different to say? Do they think it's something original they came up with?

Do I have to like hearing it over and over and over? I get it - my name rhymes with man. Shut up!

Just be fair.

So what happened last week. Was it too much optimism from the fans and media saying this game the Bills should win? Did the Bills take that and get too confident?