Troy Aikman POed about FOX Hiring Skip Bayless

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just don't understand why Aikman is so obsessed with some sixth grade style rumor that Bayless started over twenty years ago. I wouldn't necessarily expect the two to be eating lunch together, but I don't understand why Troy feels the need to publicly rehash it all in 2016. Aikman is giving Bayless way too much credit. Aside from Aikman no one cares what Bayless thinks. Aikman has lived a great life that I doubt was harmed much by the Bayless comments. I don't understand why it still bothers him. It doesn't make sense to me.

I just don't understand why Aikman is so obsessed with some sixth grade style rumor that Bayless started over twenty years ago. I wouldn't necessarily expect the two to be eating lunch together, but I don't understand why Troy feels the need to publicly rehash it all in 2016. Aikman is giving Bayless way too much credit. Aside from Aikman no one cares what Bayless thinks. Aikman has lived a great life that I doubt was harmed much by the Bayless comments. I don't understand why it still bothers him. It doesn't make sense to me.

Quite possibly there is more to it...

IIRC, Didn't Bayless infer Troy was Gay when he covered the Cowboys in that era? I seem to recall this and the Cowboys PR began a campaign of covering Aikman on dates with models & actresses.. I can't argue with Troyboy. Bayless is trash -and has been since way.

Isn't it acceptable in today's society for Troy Aikman to come to bat no matter what the sex of the batter was? Not see how Cowpokes RM helps.

Quite possibly there is more to it...

I certainly think so.

I think it's more about the fact that Bayless wipes out any credibility a show has and brings down the reputation of a network.

Aikman is more concerned about that, while Fox is more concerned about headlines.

I certainly think so.

I think it's more about the fact that Bayless wipes out any credibility a show has and brings down the reputation of a network.

Aikman is more concerned about that, while Fox is more concerned about headlines.

Another way to say that is Bayless is perfect for Fox.

I mean, he put it in a book he wrote about those Cowboy teams. It wasn't some off hand remark.

Skip is a total moron, but he's moved needles at ESPN the past few years when TV ratings outside of live events have dipped. It's why ESPN has cut ties with numerous well-respected (and well-paid) hosts over the past couple of years but chose to make an aggressive offer to resign Bayless.

I certainly think so.

It can't be that, though... Apparently all Aikman does is put into words what just happened on tv...

It can't be that, though... Apparently all Aikman does is put into words what just happened on tv...

It's exactly what he did. He analyzed the play and gave his feedback. That's what FOX hired him to do and if they're surprised he did that, then they're dumber than they appear to be.

I mean, he put it in a book he wrote about those Cowboy teams. It wasn't some off hand remark.

Skip is a total moron, but he's moved needles at ESPN the past few years when TV ratings outside of live events have dipped. It's why ESPN has cut ties with numerous well-respected (and well-paid) hosts over the past couple of years but chose to make an aggressive offer to resign Bayless.

I agree with all of the above. All I meant is that the rumor in a book (I didn't know Cowboy fans read) is unlikely to have caused Aikman much distress. I find it amazing that Aikman is so hung up on it. I don't expect the guys to become friends, but the only time we ever hear about Aikman's gay rumors these days are when he brings it up himself. He just seems a little overly sensitive to it imo. Everyone thinks Bayless is a jerk. So why is Aikman still constantly bringing it up? The whole thing just seems childish to me.