Sully throws in the towel too

8-8 Forever?

Guys, I think Skurski just threw in the towel too...predicts 8-8

http://bills.buffalonews.com/2016/09/03/bills-preview-can-the-positives-outweigh-the-negatives/

Crazy how nearly every member of the media / analysts have this "syndrome." How odd is that?

Any media outlet feeds (gets more clicks) off of doom and gloom more than sunshine and rainbows (unless you're a continually winning team). I'm sure someone in Denver has a few pieces already written up for the QB debacle that is going to come out of there along with bashing everyone from player to owner.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone is basing this off last year

Its a new year.....talent was never a problem with this DL

Why shouldn't we base it off last year when the coaches took an all pro line that led the NFL in sacks and castrated it with a bad scheme. A scheme so outdated and bad that it had two of those all pros going public vocally complaining about how they were being utilized in that scheme. It's one thing when the fans say something about the scheme and when the players themselves say it then fans should believe it.

The best pass rusher on the team was forced to stay put and read the offense before committing to the play and if that wasn't bad enough he was being asked to drop into pass coverage far more than he should have been. Which were about 14 times in the first six games! Paying the man 100 million dollars to rush the passer and a new coach comes in and decides to limit the number of times he will rush the passer in a game was blatantly moronic. The team hardly blitzed and when they did they were usually burned by big plays.

To some of us fans nothing is a given this year considering how badly the coaching staff performed last season. They need to show that they can correct all the problems. I'll believe things are better when I see it on the field during the regular season and after a few games!

To some of us the 2016 Buffalo Bills do have enough talent to make the playoffs and they had enough talent to get into the playoffs last season too...and only went 8-8! The simple truth is after you get past the few star players on this team the depth is terrible at certain positions and the dropoff in that talent won't win many games.

Why shouldn't we base it off last year when the coaches took an all pro line that led the NFL in sacks and castrated it with a bad scheme. A scheme so outdated and bad that it had two of those all pros going public vocally complaining about how they were being utilized in that scheme. It's one thing when the fans say something about the scheme and when the players themselves say it then fans should believe it.

The best pass rusher on the team was forced to stay put and read the offense before committing to the play and if that wasn't bad enough he was being asked to drop into pass coverage far more than he should have been. Which were about 14 times in the first six games! Paying the man 100 million dollars to rush the passer and a new coach comes in and decides to limit the number of times he will rush the passer in a game was blatantly moronic. The team hardly blitzed and when they did they were usually burned by big plays.

To some of us fans nothing is a given this year considering how badly the coaching staff performed last season. They need to show that they can correct all the problems. I'll believe things are better when I see it on the field during the regular season and after a few games!

To some of us the 2016 Buffalo Bills do have enough talent to make the playoffs and they had enough talent to get into the playoffs last season too...and only went 8-8! The simple truth is after you get past the few star players on this team the depth is terrible at certain positions and the dropoff in that talent won't win many games.

Welcome to the NFL! BTW, how's that Kevin Hogan projection looking these days?

The front 7 is NOT average.....there is Hughes who is a very good player and 2 pro bowlers on that DL.

You cannot call them average just because we lost Mario Williams who mailed it in last year.

He can, did and will. This is a poster who makes Sully look like a Bills fan and he does not even LIKE football.

because it was last year

I assume that you are talking about Mario Williams every time you say this

Mario WIlliams of last year was not going to be the Mario WIlliams going forward

Please list the starting front 7 week 1 if you think I'm incorrect. I have :

KW, Bryant, Washington, Hughes, Brown, Brown, Alexander.

On what planet is that an average front 7? Two of the LBs were cut, and one was called out as stupid. The other leads the league in stupid penalties. The front 3 has a rookie 3rd rounder a decent backup journeyman and a 100 year old guy who gets injured every year. This ain't 2014 any more John. We USED to have a good front 7.

Any media outlet feeds (gets more clicks) off of doom and gloom more than sunshine and rainbows (unless you're a continually winning team). I'm sure someone in Denver has a few pieces already written up for the QB debacle that is going to come out of there along with bashing everyone from player to owner.

The Buffalo News is a subscription-based website, it's a completely different business model than say, Bleacher Report. No, every sports reporter at TBN is not making inflammatory predictions "for clicks." Just one is.

Please list the starting front 7 week 1 if you think I'm incorrect. I have :

KW, Bryant, Washington, Hughes, Brown, Brown, Alexander.

On what planet is that an average front 7? Two of the LBs were cut, and one was called out as stupid. The other leads the league in stupid penalties. The front 3 has a rookie 3rd rounder a decent backup journeyman and a 100 year old guy who gets injured every year. This ain't 2014 any more John. We USED to have a good front 7.

jesus im sorry i did not realize 2014 was so long ago

should we discuss what was there in 2014?

Wow did it take you 16 years to think up that stinging retort? Problem with all the complaints about changing dates and rerunning things is that he's been right for 16 years on the team.

Doofus sully wants to blame Rex and the pegulas for sixteen years. Hey morons. Its year two for this group whether you like or not. Sully is more to blame. He has been here for 16+ years should we be blaming him?

You are like hostages to negativity You wallow in it. Go cheer for another team. Please.

Edited by racecitybills

lets not...and list the 2014 players....yu know since as yu claim 2014 was our last decent roster

Jesus Mary and Joseph could have been there in 2014 but that is not the point I'm refuting. You said this year's front 7 is above average. Now I show the names and you refuse to defend it.

The front 7 is NOT average.....there is Hughes who is a very good player and 2 pro bowlers on that DL.

You cannot call them average just because we lost Mario Williams who mailed it in last year.

I posted this before, but the front 7 that will start next week will be a rookie LDE (Washington), a career backup NT (Bryant), a 33 year old RDE coming off a major injury who hasn't played at all in preseason (K Williams), a career backup LOLB (Alexander), two average ILBs (the Browns) and 1 very good ROLB.

That's 1 very good player, 1 unknown, 2 average players, 1 rookie and 2 career backups. That's average at best. In fact, you could argue below average.

I posted this before, but the front 7 that will start next week will be a rookie LDE (Washington), a career backup NT (Bryant), a 33 year old RDE coming off a major injury who hasn't played at all in preseason (K Williams), a career backup LOLB (Alexander), two average ILBs (the Browns) and 1 very good ROLB.

That's 1 very good player, 1 unknown, 2 average players, 1 rookie and 2 career backups. That's average at best. In fact, you could argue below average.

You make that arguement like that is our 16 game lineup......our best d player returns in 4 games

they just need to hold out till thrn a pro bowler is added