Sully throws in the towel too

8-8 Forever?

7-9 is very optimistic with a coach who has 2 winning seasons out of 8 or whatever.

How about assessing the positives and negatives of the 2016 team instead of making a blanket statement that has nothing to do with any success or failures they will have by year''s end.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow did it take you 16 years to think up that stinging retort? Problem with all the complaints about changing dates and rerunning things is that he's been right for 16 years on the team.

And that makes it permanent, right? And what does that make you? A fan of a team that will never make the playoffs again, or someone who just loves losing?

Edited by PromoTheRobot

6-10 is Sully's prediction. Gaughan, now him... Why is everyone so down on this team? We actually have a quality starting QB, the roster is healthy (Shady, Kyle, Aaron) and is as good or better than last years and they have the systems down now. Top ten talent (we'll see if they perform at that level) at all key NFL positions. Until the injuries pile up and trash everything, What's not to like? I don't see a healthy roster 6-10. No way.

Roster is arguably worse than last year on paper.

Imminently needed and drafted-for starting defensive help won't come this year.

Depth at most positions still questionable, and injuries will happen.

No QB depth to speak of.

On the plus side: Tyrod should be better, I think the D will be more in synch, and yes, everyone has had more time to get used to how Rex wants to do things.

I think our realistic record range is 7-9 to 9-7, with 8-8 most likely.

So Sully is a bit low. But he's on the cusp of reasonable likelihood.

No need to crucify him regarding this particular topic.

Roster is arguably worse than last year on paper.

Imminently needed and drafted-for starting defensive help won't come this year.

Depth at most positions still questionable, and injuries will happen.

No QB depth to speak of.

On the plus side: Tyrod should be better, I think the D will be more in synch, and yes, everyone has had more time to get used to how Rex wants to do things.

I think our realistic record range is 7-9 to 9-7, with 8-8 most likely.

So Sully is a bit low. But he's on the cusp of reasonable likelihood.

No need to crucify him regarding this particular topic.

Washington is starting Seymour looks solid and Lawson plays half a year. umm yeah they will get help from this draft. Qb depth is the best it has been in a decade.

Hillary is Hillary, Trump is Trump, Rex is Rex and Rob is Rob. Not wanting to see people and their strengths and weaknesses because of your desires and hopes is human.

This team is 6-10 to 8-8.

This defense is not better than last years and TT didn't suddenly become able to read defenses and release before the receiver comes out of his break or put it down the middle of the field because he is acting like a leader in pre season.

I don't want them to be mediocre but they are.

Sully can be a weeny but I don't think he is far off on this one.

It is every fans right to predict losing records before they hit the field.....so you are entitled to your opinion

But.....be prepared to be wrong.....this defense IS better then last years because of improved communication on the field and changing the players on this team to "rex" players.....gone are malcontents and locker room lawyers and in are "out work players with more talent guys" like Worthy

Going into last season we had no incombant starting QB....this year we do.....(and by the way.....Tyrod threw guys open just fine last year...not sure where you are getting that) his over the middle throws have looked better in the offseason but we need to see on that.

It is every fans right to predict losing records before they hit the field.....so you are entitled to your opinion

But.....be prepared to be wrong.....this defense IS better then last years because of improved communication on the field and changing the players on this team to "rex" players.....gone are malcontents and locker room lawyers and in are "out work players with more talent guys" like Worthy

Going into last season we had no incombant starting QB....this year we do.....(and by the way.....Tyrod threw guys open just fine last year...not sure where you are getting that) his over the middle throws have looked better in the offseason but we need to see on that.

EXACTLY

I really hope you're right. Of course, the negative view can be easily correct too: less talent on defense and it's worse. Teams have an offseason of studying tape on Tyrod and he struggles.

I'm always excited for Bills football so I'm pumped no matter what. But last year and this offseason killed the homer in me.

I still wouldn't read Sullivan because he's a miserable SOB.

Pretty much where I stand as well.

For as negative as he is he is right most of the time and the people that bash his predictions and then make their own are usually wrong.

I'm not thrilled with our team this year but Sullivan is so predictable. His articles are the same every year.

He used to kill Mario and then Mario became an all pro before Rex showed up. He killed Dareus after his bad offseason a couple years ago and Marcell became one of he best DTs in the NFL (not the best example because of recent events). Does he ever admit he's wrong? Nope. I really don't know why people would read or listen to him. He adds nothing.

I'm not thrilled with our team this year but Sullivan is so predictable. His articles are the same every year.

He used to kill Mario and then Mario became an all pro before Rex showed up. He killed Dareus after his bad offseason a couple years ago and Marcell became one of he best DTs in the NFL (not the best example because of recent events). Does he ever admit he's wrong? Nope. I really don't know why people would read or listen to him. He adds nothing.

It is way too much work for Sully to come up with a up to date take.....that and the fact that bills brass appear to keep him at arms length because he is pretty much a crap columist (I dont read his stuff....cliffnotes are enough) so he just throws crap at the wall and see hat sticks

This team is still pretty darn talented......and its year 2 of a pretty complicated Rex defense and year two of getting players that FIT that defense.....I think a good examples of that are Lorenzo, Humbar, Washington......humbar comes in a couple of days before a pre season game and is all over the place and making the D calls......

Its pre season.....but the fact is our starting guys especially on D have looked pretty darn good.....we only starting having issues when we started getting down to players that have been pretty much cut. Now....does that mean something for the regular season? Only that Rex starts really putting even more confusing D's on the field in the regular season so they might actually be BETTER then this.

Im excited....lots of talent on this roster......deep RB group......Sammy Watkins.....Tyrod Taylor.......lets do this

He lobbied for Fitz and Stevie Johnson to get paid then ripped the Bills for paying them. The man can't even stay in his lane.

He lobbied for Fitz and Stevie Johnson to get paid then ripped the Bills for paying them. The man can't even stay in his lane.

Sports journalism is the best job ever. You are always right and never wrong. The coach should have done the opposite thing and the GM should have picked Tom Brady instead of Leif Larsen. So simple.

I have enough stress and anxiety in my life. I don't need Sully or some troll making me miserable.

If his writing makes you so miserable why do you read his articles? Next time check the by-lines and if his name is on it skip the article. Simple solution for a simple problem. When you go out to eat do you order fish from the wide ranging menu and then declare that you hate fish?

If his writing makes you so miserable why do you read his articles? Next time check the by-lines and if his name is on it skip the article. Simple solution for a simple problem. When you go out to eat do you order fish from the wide ranging menu and then declare that you hate fish?

they can't help themselves. it's hilarious!

Rex Guys? Didn't he have Tex guys at the Jets other than the first two seasons there.

How many games did TT win for us last year because he put the team on his back?

Someone showed his stats against Kaepernicks under Roman and they were pretty much the same..... System QB. Talk of us having our Franchise QB are a bit premature.

I'd LOVE to be wrong and eat some serious crow but I figure it will more likely be chicken wings and crying in my beer... If I don't throw it at the tv first

Sorry, iPhone won't let me quote correctly